How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

According to their twitter, the next 6 Mondays will be the last episodes

So I guess there will be 1 hour episodes along the way.

Haven't been watching season 9 because I don't have a TV but iv seen 1-8 probably 3 times... My favorite show after Seinfeld.

Damn.. she's going to die.

Or that's what they want you to think and Ted's mom ends up dying before their wedding.

Last edited:
Oh wow if it wasn't a hint before that the mother dies it's clear as day now. Ted crying like a ***** and I'm pretty sure he's talking to a ghost while he relives the first time he meets his wife.

Also did they change the actress playing Robin's sister? :nerd: I remember she was a whole lot hotter.

Damn.. she's going to die.

Or that's what they want you to think and Ted's mom ends up dying before their wedding.

Felt the same way after it :smh: I can't remember if the host greeted them as Mr. and Mrs. Mosby at the beginning of the episode? I thought the ghost thing as well but I'd like to see that part again. Maybe she's terminal :frown:

The part where she told him she doesn't want him to live through memories kinda sealed my thoughts on it.

It's the same actress, it's just been 7 seasons between the episodes she's been in :lol:

Last edited:
I find it funny how the last few responses were by team nyk members ...just a random thought...cuz we know HIMYM is better than watching the Knicks lol

Last edited:
That would be awful :lol: thankfully the spinoff isn't about her.. it's just about another woman.

Basically the same thing just with a woman instead of Ted

I've never really cared to look into it but is the spinoff just based on the same characters just from the Mom's POV?

I feel like killing her off would be just a giant middle finger to the fans who've stuck around for 9 seasons. Can't wait 9 years for Ted to finally win one and it turns out bad for him anyway. And the kids always looked really happy in the first couple seasons when talking about the mother or listening to his stories :lol: think I've spent a little too much time trying to convince myself it won't end that way.

I don't think this works cuz the wife says no mother should miss her daughter's wedding (something like that) so unless we're running with the joke that Ted behaves like a female his mom dying and missing his wedding wouldn't match unless he's that sensitive to apply what was said to himself.
I've never really cared to look into it but is the spinoff just based on the same characters just from the Mom's POV?

I feel like killing her off would be just a giant middle finger to the fans who've stuck around for 9 seasons. Can't wait 9 years for Ted to finally win one and it turns out bad for him anyway. And the kids always looked really happy in the first couple seasons when talking about the mother or listening to his stories :lol: think I've spent a little too much time trying to convince myself it won't end that way.
Well while her dying while they're in like they're late 50s would be messed up it's assumed in the between time Ted was happy and raised 2 kids to the early teens with her before she dies.

can someone please tell me what season/ep was the one that barney told us that the karate kid was the bad guy in the karate kid? :nerd:

I believe it's season 4, episode 15 "The Stinsons"

Last edited:
If I remember right, the proposed spin-off was gonna be totally different characters so it wouldn't be revolving around Ted's wife or anyone in this series but either way I think a spin-off is a bad idea; no need to relive the same show just w/ different characters.

I'm not really following this theory how this episode foreshadows the Wife dying other than that line from her telling Ted not to live in his stories. When Ted starts choking up, it's after she says no mother would ever miss her daughter's wedding; seemed more like foreshadowing the wife's mother dying before their wedding or like Master Zik Master Zik said, it's referring to Ted since he's often joked about being a "girl" and his mom dies before their wedding.

I also think you guys are overreacting on Lucy Hale falling off; even though she's personally just ok to me :lol:

Forgot about her character. If her last appearance on the show really was 7 years ago, then she was 17 that time. Have to keep in mind they "dressed her down" in this episode literally and figuratively to make her look more tomboyish like Robin to illustrate how Scherbatzky women aren't typical females like Lily.

Last edited:
I find it funny how the last few responses were by team nyk members ...just a random thought...cuz we know HIMYM is better than watching the Knicks lol

amen to that

If I remember right, the proposed spin-off was gonna be totally different characters so it wouldn't be revolving around Ted's wife or anyone in this series but either way I think a spin-off is a bad idea; no need to relive the same show just w/ different characters.

I'm not really following this theory how this episode foreshadows the Wife dying other than that line from her telling Ted not to live in his stories. When Ted starts choking up, it's after she says no mother would ever miss her daughter's wedding; seemed more like foreshadowing the wife's mother dying before their wedding or like Master Zik Master Zik said, it's referring to Ted since he's often joked about being a "girl" and his mom dies before their wedding.

I also think you guys are overreacting on Lucy Hale falling off; even though she's personally just ok to me :lol:

Forgot about her character. If her last appearance on the show really was 7 years ago, then she was 17 that time. Have to keep in mind they "dressed her down" in this episode literally and figuratively to make her look more tomboyish like Robin to illustrate how Scherbatzky women aren't typical females like Lily.
:lol: Damn is Ted so sensitive that he'd be tearing up about his wife's mom passing more than the wife? She squeezes his hand to console him in that scene. If true :smh:

Lucy Hale was attractive when she showed up wanting to lose her virginity to her bf in that Empire State building ep. She looked chubby and sad in this ep. The clothes had nothing to do with it. It was all in her face and yeah she was never a dime but she was cute imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom