How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

Anyone catch the last episode? Best HIMYM episode I've seen in a while. Josh Radnor's speech at the end was gut-wrenching...that was some good *** acting.

Anyone catch the last episode? Best HIMYM episode I've seen in a while. Josh Radnor's speech at the end was gut-wrenching...that was some good *** acting.

I didn't see that, but I'm cutting it on literally right now to check it out. You have set high expectations sir.

Edit: I didn't record it and its not on demand. Damnit.

Last edited:
Show has fallen off
Greatest show to have 25 mins of straight filler and 5 mins of some of the greatest writing on tv

Thought last epsiode was ehh, this season is the worst by far, but it still has its' moments

Last night's moment was easily the best 'moment' the show has had thus far

45 days from that moment tho... So we get a glimpse before the season is over? He mentioned April 2013 as being the present.

45 days from that moment tho... So we get a glimpse before the season is over? He mentioned April 2013 as being the present.
My ideal end to the series would be, show the moment of them meeting as the season finale, like show her face and cut to black while teasing next season thoroughly.

Then next season show how their relationship develops and how Ted determines she's the one and whatnot, end it with the wedding and a montage of the gang's future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... they finally showed her. Or at least they want you to think they did.

Last edited:
They didn't outright say it, but it was heavily implied and suggested.

Cristin Milioti

Last edited:
Is it just me or does she have some kind of resemblance to Lily lol.

I feel like they're gonna screw with us.

Yeah she definitely looks like Lily.

The credits said "woman with yellow umbrella" so they're leaving the door open :lol:

Kinda feeling anti-climatic that they actually revealed her as Ted's future wife with a whole season to go next year.

Wonder how they're gonna fill up 20+ episodes for the final season now that we know who the mother is.

I feel like a majority of this season was filler. They weren't sure if they'd get a 9th season, so they pulled this out of their *****.

Hopefully the two of them meet early in season 9 and spend the remainder of it getting to know each other.

I hate that it's being drawn out another season, though.

Kinda feeling anti-climatic that they actually revealed her as Ted's future wife with a whole season to go next year.

Wonder how they're gonna fill up 20+ episodes for the final season now that we know who the mother is.

From what I've seen, there's rumors the entire season might take place over the course of the weekend. They did put up the time until the wedding, 56 hours,

As if the show doesn't play with time enough, co-creator and executive producer Craig Thomas previously shared that the final 24 episodes will "take some risks with time" and will be "so distinct that you'll always be able to recognize a Season 9 episode." Theories abound that Season 9 will play out in real time, a la 24, on the day of Barney and Robin's wedding. "I am not at liberty to say at this time," Bays says of the speculation.

I think they could get away with something like this. Maybe some episodes dealing primarily in flashbacks since we have the characters going to the wedding, that could be easily made into flashback episodes while they drive. Get into a few adventures while they get there and that's another couple episodes. Problems at the wedding could be some more. The actual wedding over the course of a few episodes. Then the reception and Ted meeting the Mother. I think it could be interesting... or terrible.

I feel like a majority of this season was filler. They weren't sure if they'd get a 9th season, so they pulled this out of their *****.

Hopefully the two of them meet early in season 9 and spend the remainder of it getting to know each other.

I hate that it's being drawn out another season, though.

Agreed. Quite a few episodes where literally nothing in story line happened :lol: like that one episode where the entire 20 min was Ted and Barney trying to get that hot yoga girl to take off her jacket at McLaren's

Back
Top Bottom