How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

It would have been a little bit nicer if it ended with them two bumping into each other or Ted saying something to her before cutting to credit roll...

But this is kinda how I wanted this season to end, I'm cool with it

Yeah she definitely looks like Lily.

The credits said "woman with yellow umbrella" so they're leaving the door open
laugh.gif
This is exactly why I thought they were messing around with our minds lol (the umbrella part)
this is from their facebook page

(I guess I'll put it in spoilers just in case ppl haven't seen the episode yet)

I feel like a majority of this season was filler. They weren't sure if they'd get a 9th season, so they pulled this out of their *****.

Hopefully the two of them meet early in season 9 and spend the remainder of it getting to know each other.

I hate that it's being drawn out another season, though.
i know, i just want it to be over already so i can get back 30 minutes of my life, wasting time on filler episodes

Yeah she definitely looks like Lily.

The credits said "woman with yellow umbrella" so they're leaving the door open :lol:

This is exactly why I thought they were messing around with our minds lol (the umbrella part)
this is from their facebook page

(I guess I'll put it in spoilers just in case ppl haven't seen the episode yet)

i know, i seen that on facebook before i came into this thread

but still there has to be some sort of twist

:lol: @ the mother being the same chick from Year of the Carnivore :evil:

I'd smash based seeing her in that movie but I expected better for Ted and this many seasons of teasing it.

Last edited:
Series cocreator Carter Bays previously revealed that as HIMYM unspools its ninth and final season, viewers will become “much better” acquainted with Cristin Milioti’s bass-playing cutie – whom we first and briefly laid eyes on at the close of the Season 8 finale — as the show tells “the epic story of the longest wedding weekend ever.”

CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler has now confirmed for TVLine that Season 9′s entire run will, in fact, span the wedding weekend and just the wedding weekend, as the comedy details “how each character, before Ted, meets the mother. So, they each meet her independently before he does.”

http://tvline.com/2013/05/15/how-i-...poilers-wedding-weekend-mother-introductions/

All the facts about the mother

http://www.crushable.com/2013/05/13/entertainment/how-i-met-your-mother-the-mother-who-is-she/

She owns a yellow umbrella, and Ted stole it.
She has a foot (Ted even saw it once. Gasp.)
She is not Victoria, Zoe, Stella, or Robin. But really, she better not be Robin.
She was in the Economics class Ted mistakenly started teaching his first day at Columbia.
She thought Ted was a complete idiot.
She’s well-educated. Duh, Columbia…
She lived with Cindy, the grad student Ted dated.
She gave Cindy a copy of World’s End by T.C. Boyle for her birthday.
Guys always fall in love with her.
She enjoys making breakfast foods sing show tunes.
She paints pictures of robots playing sports.
She’s weird. Refer to the previous two facts if you don’t understand.
She plays the bass.
She owns The Unicorns “Who Will Cut Our Hair When We’re Gone.”
She’s the slutty pumpkin. Just kidding! I made that up, but now that I think about it…
She’s in a band, and said band supposedly plays Barney and Robin’s wedding.
She probably doesn’t like smokers (Ted quits smoking for good two weeks into dating her.)
Ted meets her the day of a wedding where he’s the best man—Barney and Robin’s wedding.
Before Ted, the mother was dating some jerk who worked in finance named Louis.
She and Ted attended the same Saint Patrick’s Day party in 2008. In case you were wondering, they did not meet.
She probably isn’t blonde. (This one is just kind of implied from when he said if Stella was the mother the kids would be blonde.)
She meets Ted May 25, 2013
She enjoys long walks on the beach and other nauseatingly romantic clichés (You caught me. I’m just assuming this because she ends up with Ted…)
She enjoys Ted’s lame interesting sense of humor. (Ted tells us his future wife laughs the first time she hears his shellfish joke. It’s not a funny joke…trust me)
She actually meets Ted at the Farhampton train station after Barney and Robin’s wedding. (We think/hope/will die if it’s not true)

Is S9 the last or is there a S10? Because if it's not the last, Ted would probably meet her at the train station at the last episode :x

All the facts about the mother

http://www.crushable.com/2013/05/13/entertainment/how-i-met-your-mother-the-mother-who-is-she/

She owns a yellow umbrella, and Ted stole it.
She has a foot (Ted even saw it once. Gasp.)
She is not Victoria, Zoe, Stella, or Robin. But really, she better not be Robin.
She was in the Economics class Ted mistakenly started teaching his first day at Columbia.
She thought Ted was a complete idiot.
She’s well-educated. Duh, Columbia…
She lived with Cindy, the grad student Ted dated.
She gave Cindy a copy of World’s End by T.C. Boyle for her birthday.
Guys always fall in love with her.
She enjoys making breakfast foods sing show tunes.
She paints pictures of robots playing sports.
She’s weird. Refer to the previous two facts if you don’t understand.
She plays the bass.
She owns The Unicorns “Who Will Cut Our Hair When We’re Gone.”
She’s the slutty pumpkin. Just kidding! I made that up, but now that I think about it…
She’s in a band, and said band supposedly plays Barney and Robin’s wedding.
She probably doesn’t like smokers (Ted quits smoking for good two weeks into dating her.)
Ted meets her the day of a wedding where he’s the best man—Barney and Robin’s wedding.
Before Ted, the mother was dating some jerk who worked in finance named Louis.
She and Ted attended the same Saint Patrick’s Day party in 2008. In case you were wondering, they did not meet.
She probably isn’t blonde. (This one is just kind of implied from when he said if Stella was the mother the kids would be blonde.)
She meets Ted May 25, 2013
She enjoys long walks on the beach and other nauseatingly romantic clichés (You caught me. I’m just assuming this because she ends up with Ted…)
She enjoys Ted’s lame interesting sense of humor. (Ted tells us his future wife laughs the first time she hears his shellfish joke. It’s not a funny joke…trust me)
She actually meets Ted at the Farhampton train station after Barney and Robin’s wedding. (We think/hope/will die if it’s not true)

Katie Holmes

Think about the amount of flashbacks this show uses normally (a lot).

Now think about how many it's going to take to fill an entire season that is set over 2-3 days.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Last edited:
Think about the amount of flashbacks this show uses normally (a lot).

Now think about how many it's going to take to fill an entire season that is set over 2-3 days.

Not sure how I feel about that.

I'm actually pretty excited about it. Like you said, right now, there's a ton of flashbacks but I'm very curious to see how they can start taking them all and piecing them together without reaching. Plus, since it's definitely the final season and I've watched every single one, why stop now?

Yeah this needs to be the final season. I actually like the whole season being only about 2-3 days.

It is 100% the final season.

They had a hard enough time getting Jason Segal to come back this season 
laugh.gif

Yes, he was the big holdout for the final season.

Not surprising since he has the biggest film career out of the group.

Back
Top Bottom