How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

I think Colbie 's career is just taking off.

About the 9th season, I'm super excited. I'm sure they'll be able to stretch out the season over the wedding weekend no problem.

Things I want for next season:

For the mother to have some personality and depth and to be funny. I don't want her just being there to be the foil or the straight woman to the other characters.

The flash forward episodes are a must. Just an episode or two to see why she's so superior to the other girlfriends would be nice.

Got to have one slap bet episode.

Wayne Brady... Just being him.

An episode devoted to the pineapple maybe?

There has to be one more musical number ala Barney' s suits.

I think this is going to be a legendary last season. Thomas and Bay even put on hold other projects to focus on running the last season.

Was it ever mentioned Barney's even in the future? I know Marshall, Lilly, & Robin still are there, but I don't remember anything about Barney except that he stops smoking cigarettes March 2017. (Just looked that up)

Last edited:

Judging by the skit, I think Cristin Milioti, the girl who plays the mother, will be just fine in fitting in. The part where she walks away with an imaginary ball was such a Ted Mosby moment lol.

Yes, he was the big holdout for the final season.

Not surprising since he has the biggest film career out of the group.
still surprises me, cuz he is probably the worst one out of all of em

dude is a terrible actor and isnt funny at all.

Was it ever mentioned Barney's even in the future? I know Marshall, Lilly, & Robin still are there, but I don't remember anything about Barney except that he stops smoking cigarettes March 2017. (Just looked that up)

There's the part where he finally gets Marshall back with the exploding meatball sub :lol:

Ted keeps calling him Uncle Barney to his kids so I'm guessing he's there.

In theory, you would think Wayne Brady would be heavy in season nine. The whole season is his brother's wedding weekend.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Cristin Milioti, who was unmasked as the titular mom in this week’s season finale, will take the title of series regular during the comedy’s upcoming ninth and final season.

This marks the first time HIMYM will have expanded its core group of regulars beyond stars Josh Radnor, Alyson Hannigan, Neil Patrick Harris, Cobie Smulders and Jason Segel. Series cocreator Carter Bays previously revealed that as HIMYM unspools its ninth and final season, viewers will become “much better” acquainted with Milioti’s bass-playing cutie as the show tells “the epic story of the longest wedding weekend ever.”

CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler later  confirmed to TVLine that Season 9′s entire run will, in fact, span the wedding weekend and just the wedding weekend, as the comedy details “how each character, before Ted, meets the mother. So, they each meet her independently before he does.”
Interested in seeing how they'll pull off the flash fowards.

Well, from what I gather..according to the Producers:

There’s a time jump of some sort in every episode of this show, so you can rest assured the premiere will be no different. That being said, this next season in particular will feature some of the most non-linear episodes we’ve ever done.

It seems that they're going to rely on fast forwards heavily. Probably to prevent the show from being restricted to just the Hamptons and also to showcase the mother in different situations considering she's been bumped to series regular.

They have to do fast forwards. Ted meets her at the train station after the wedding so if they didn't do fast forwards and just had the whole weekend as the season, ted wouldn't meet her until the end of the season and im pretty sure they'll include some parts on them dating or what not

One thing I didn't like is how the writers are still stringing along and hinting at a TedxRobin relationship. I mean what was that look when she couldn't find that something old in the park? What was the whole deal (that was cliffhanged which is leading in to next season) with Ted making a big deal about giving Robin it at the wedding?

I mean you mean to tell me when Ted first meets the mother it's still coming off the heels of having feelings for Robin?
Yes, he was the big holdout for the final season.

Not surprising since he has the biggest film career out of the group.

still surprises me, cuz he is probably the worst one out of all of em

dude is a terrible actor and isnt funny at all.
Madness.

Go watch Jeff, Who Lives at Home. That's just good acting. Saying he isn't funny makes me think you have no sense of humor.

I was in complete agreement when I heard he was leaving. For a while I thought this was his final season regardless. They've been stringing along this story for so long it was annoying.

Last edited:
The whole show is basically Ted getting over Robin, so I'm not surprised they're dragging it out until the last season.

Ted still believes in destiny and the universe being in control, so he figures since he's had the locket this whole time, that it means he's the guy for Robin. Then something will happen with the mother and he'll realize that it's all been leading him to her instead and blah blah something sentimental and sappy :lol:

^See :lol: The first handful of seasons going back and forth was fine but they're going to a dry well at this point. Lazy writing imo.

The past few seasons he's literally did not at least once think Robin was the one for him again.

I think the whole point is to show that Ted was never really in love with Robin. He just thought he was. I'm sure some of us has been been there where we've liked a girl, she didn't like us back, but we continue to pine after her for so long that we convince ourselves that it's love, and In Ted's case, he never got over that infatuation because he was always around Robin. In real life, we don't stay friends with our exes, let alone stay roommates for many years. We let go, but he didn't... And this whole time he was thinking it was love. But then when he runs into his future mother of his children, that's when he's supposed to realize what true love really is. Just my two cents.

My theory, all of Ted's failed relationships failed because he subconsciously picked ones that were doomed to fail from the start, all because he's unconsciously telling himself that Robin is the one. Robin was always that little hurdle he couldn't see past to make a relationship with someone else work. But the point is when he sees the mother, it's as if that hurdle never existed.

Ps. Just think of some of the ones he has picked since Robin, a protestor who was protesting the building he was creating, a college student at the school he taught at, a stalker, someone with anger management issues... Stella was probably his most normal girlfriend, but then I think when he was with Stella he subconsciously sabotaged himself by introducing the ex back into her life or something like that.

Yea... This is what I think about at 4 in the morning LOL

Last edited:
I think Ted could've made it work with the chick that was roommates with the mother and ended up being a lesbian. He could've worked in a 3some with the chick she was with (the one Barney called dibs on) :lol:

Speaking of 3somes we'll also need to know if Ted actually went through with the 3some.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom