How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

I thought they left the apartment when Ted was in his bedroom talking to Lily/Marshall/Barney and made up his mind to go through with it?

Yup, the tricycle. Ted smashed Winnie Cooper and that blonde chick.

I remember Barney brining out the 80s WWF championship belt that episode :lol:

its been so long ago since I seen that episode

I remember I made a thread about it on NT but I deleted it since none of you dudes were watching this show back then :lol: :nerd:

Last edited:
I think Ted left the room with a smile on his face and he demanded the belt. Idk it's been a minute since I've seen it myself.

Pretty sure it's left ambiguous.. Ted doesn't say what happened

Last edited:
He opened the door and all you saw was his face while giggling was heard.

Then the next scene was with Barney and the others at the bar and Barney kept nagging and asking what happened. :lol:

All Ted said was, "some stories you tell, some stories you don't."

Last edited:
The whole show is basically Ted getting over Robin, so I'm not surprised they're dragging it out until the last season.

Ted still believes in destiny and the universe being in control, so he figures since he's had the locket this whole time, that it means he's the guy for Robin. Then something will happen with the mother and he'll realize that it's all been leading him to her instead and blah blah something sentimental and sappy :lol:

This. I'm tired of this storyline. They're just doing it to add weight to him meeting the mother... "the one girl who can help Ted get over Robin and get him not to move to Chicago!"

If they overdo it like I'm expecting, they're just gonna take away from the mother.

I want to see flashes of their life together, not boo-hooing over Robin. If this show is basically Ted getting over Robin, it's gonna be so cheap and horrible.

He opened the door and all you saw was his face while giggling was heard.

Then the next scene was with Barney and the others at the bar and Barney kept nagging and asking what happened. :lol:

All Ted said was, "some stories you tell, some stories you don't."

I had to rewatch the ep last night to remind myself :lol: not to mention, the first few eps of season 3 are absolute gold.

The whole show is basically Ted getting over Robin, so I'm not surprised they're dragging it out until the last season.

Ted still believes in destiny and the universe being in control, so he figures since he's had the locket this whole time, that it means he's the guy for Robin. Then something will happen with the mother and he'll realize that it's all been leading him to her instead and blah blah something sentimental and sappy :lol:

This. I'm tired of this storyline. They're just doing it to add weight to him meeting the mother... "the one girl who can help Ted get over Robin and get him not to move to Chicago!"

If they overdo it like I'm expecting, they're just gonna take away from the mother.

I want to see flashes of their life together, not boo-hooing over Robin. If this show is basically Ted getting over Robin, it's gonna be so cheap and horrible.
Yeah it'll also make me wonder how sad the creators and their friends lives are since this shows premise is based off of them living in NYC.

Light bulb. All of season 9 is a flash forward - maybe to a year after the wedding - but also the show will be constantly flash backing to the wedding weekend to explain things that happen in the future. I just think that would be super cool. Everyone will get to know the mother and then the show can still end with Ted meeting the Mother at the train station.

Oh, how I wish this would happen. =(

I really was impressed.

It's not too often shows fall off then redeem themselves in their final season, but I'm really optimistic judging by the first two episodes. The jokes were landing, the sentimental moments were genuine and classic HIMYM, and I'm really looking forward to learning more about the Mother.

The first two episodes weren't as funny as I wanted them to be.

The girl who plays the mother is clearly funny. I wish her character was more high energy because I'm sure she could pull it off.

The final two minutes was sweet.

Last edited:
I liked yesterdays episode too, enjoyed the train scene with lily and mother the most

mother was looking mad pretty too :nerd:

Anyone feel that Ted's future wife is like a brunette version of Lilly? They have like the same personality during the train scene.

Anyone feel that Ted's future wife is like a brunette version of Lilly? They have like the same personality during the train scene.

People have said The Mother physically looks like a combo of Lilly and Robin

Last edited:
I have faith the writers will send them off right.

We need one more Robin Sparkles song :smokin

Back
Top Bottom