How long were you at your job till you lost that "Spark"?

Been about 18 months.
Been too many changes recently. Not sure if to stick it out or start looking.
How about ya?

24 hours

in all honesty, 2 years... im going through it right now. im just going through the motions but now im getting irritated lol. but its easy money for me and i get to work from every wed and thurs. hard for me to move on when the benefits are great

In the midst of it - we'll see how it goes -- about 8-9 years. First time was about 4.

Good question. I'm a little over two-years with my current company and I'd say right about that 2-year anniversary mark. I really think it's all compensation related. I like the people I work with, the office, and commute, but I know I can be getting paid more $ elsewhere to do similar/more work.

By lunch break first day lmao!!! Naw in all seriousness I do what I love so it’s coo. Some days you obviously not feeling it but gotta do what you love to do. I run a restoration detail shop btw

Reactions: Ube
I don't know how folks stay at one job their whole life.

Historically I've lost it at the 1-2 year mark.

i'm at that point now. i'm actually hella bored. i work from home 2 days a week, but its basically me playing xbox :lol: i need a challenge, so i started looking. i've been here almost 2 years.

took me 5 years to get there.

change in office and management is what got me messed up. the 10k increase wasn't worth it to change offices in hindsight.

I was at my most recent job 4 years. First 2 years I was super passionate, trying to make moves towards a promotion. Interviewed twice for higher positions and got passed on for lesser employees. Kept working but deep down had a lot of resentment for that and it impacted that “spark” for sure. Then got laid off Friday due to labor cuts. So if you lost that spark, get out before you regret staying too long.

I was at my most recent job 4 years. First 2 years I was super passionate, trying to make moves towards a promotion. Interviewed twice for higher positions and got passed on for lesser employees. Kept working but deep down had a lot of resentment for that and it impacted that “spark” for sure. Then got laid off Friday due to labor cuts. So if you lost that spark, get out before you regret staying too long.

damn bro. this past friday? good luck on your search. i'm sure you'll land on your feet.

Happened to me. Later on got a bigger position. So I’m good for now.

But don’t plan on doing this more than 4-5 years depending on pay.

Any good careers I can study at night while working the day?

Happened to me. Later on got a bigger position. So I’m good for now.

But don’t plan on doing this more than 4-5 years depending on pay.

Any good careers I can study at night while working the day?

network security. that's what i did last year. sacrificed a lot of free time, but i think it'll pay off. now if someone will sponsor my clearance....

damn bro. this past friday? good luck on your search. i'm sure you'll land on your feet.

Thanks bro. Appreciate that. And yeah this past Friday. First two days felt like I was unemployed a month lol. But now that I have free time to look at jobs, I’m excited for the future. I’m lucky enough to live in NYC so the market is there. Just need to get lucky

Back
Top Bottom