How many black professors have you had?

cz7

... and what subject did he/she teach. Im a second semester sophomore at UT-austin, and I've had one, he taught black history. Never had a black teacher in HS
smh.gif
, I'm guessing unless you goto a HBCU, then my experiences are similar to yours. Why do you think this is the case?

i had all black teachers in middle school and about half of em in HS. none in college so far.

hmm

I've already graduated college but I can only recall having one black professor. and he taught African History

edit: as for all time? I've had a plenty of black teachers from elementary to high school

ive had only one black teacher ever and he was the best teacher ive ever had.
he taught Economics

i didnt even realize, but i havent had any in college so far. actually i havent even seen any..
smh.gif

if i ever sat down for class and saw a black professor i'd be geeked

I've had one black teacher my entire life and it was last semester. My business communication professor.

grade school (private school christian school) - 0 (there was only on black teacher there that taught 3rd grade)
middle school - 2 (pe and science)
high school - 2 (football and auto mechanics)
college - 0

My organic chemistry professor is black, he's the only black professor I've had in college. In high school, I had four black teachers in physics and history.

In college, I had 1 and she was from Trinidad and I had another female who was from Surinam, and then a few of the Economics teachers (in fact most) were like from India or somewhere in the Middle East and had darker skin than a black dude, but white person hair. I guess technically you would call them 'brown,' but IMO it's an argument of semantics at that point given their skin is darker than mine.

I got one right now in my African American Humanities class

and boy does he act like a ninja
laugh.gif
smh.gif

IMO these african american based classes are on some borderline "bash white" type #!!@

Got one white lady in the class and I feel awkward for her

wow, this thread made me realize that i've only had one black teacher in my entire life. i've been to three high schools in the last four years (two public, one private) and i haven't had one black teacher in any of them. i had a black professor during one of my college courses who taught a sociology course. he was pretty dope.

Back
Top Bottom