How much do you cheap bastards tip the delivery guy ?

They be chargin 2 dollars extra fer delivery here. I don't tip most times word to Mr. Pink. I don't feel like I should have to make up for what thebusiness owner dosent want to pay. those people should make the same as everyone else. if the service is over the top good a couple dollars...

Originally Posted by chisoxdavid

If you dont have money for a tip then dont get it delivered, go pick it up. Most of those guys waste their own gas, and in most places the delivery charge doesnt go to the driver. They are trying to make a living and cheap people like you are not making it easy.
Cry me a river. If you can't afford it then don't own a delivery business or get a job as a delivery driver. People want to eat unhealthyfood without having to get off their own +%%. And the local Pizza Hut here pays 31cents per mile reimbursement to the driver, so as long as you get 8mpg, thedrivers cake off of that too.

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

If it costs $40 I tip $80.
eek.gif

Doubtful, since that would require them being able to break the time space continuum and go forward in time and know what you're going to tip before they even deliver the food, then make the decision !%+% it to be late with yours. And I just somehow believe if they were truly smart enough to be capable of all of that, they would have just gotten a better job in the first place.
laugh.gif

But seriously, you dont think they remember who tips and who doesnt? I order from 2 places and 2 places only and have been doing so for years now and haveyet to wait over 30 mins. to get my food. They will take their time getting to a cheapskate's house.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Doubtful, since that would require them being able to break the time space continuum and go forward in time and know what you're going to tip before they even deliver the food, then make the decision !%+% it to be late with yours. And I just somehow believe if they were truly smart enough to be capable of all of that, they would have just gotten a better job in the first place.
laugh.gif

But seriously, you dont think they remember who tips and who doesnt? I order from 2 places and 2 places only and have been doing so for years now and have yet to wait over 30 mins. to get my food. They will take their time getting to a cheapskate's house.
I doubt it since most of the time they don't remember if you said Sweet or Unsweet tea, or any other special directions, unless of course youorder from the same place with great frequency. But no I doubt they have an excel spreadsheet or Access database with equation functions where they input thetip by percentage and your name everytime and when they are about to do 5 orders, they can sort by biggest tip and discern who to go to first that way.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by chisoxdavid

If you dont have money for a tip then dont get it delivered, go pick it up. Most of those guys waste their own gas, and in most places the delivery charge doesnt go to the driver. They are trying to make a living and cheap people like you are not making it easy.
Cry me a river. If you can't afford it then don't own a delivery business or get a job as a delivery driver. People want to eat unhealthy food without having to get off their own +%%. And the local Pizza Hut here pays 31cents per mile reimbursement to the driver, so as long as you get 8mpg, the drivers cake off of that too.

You get a job as a delivery guy because you need money, and count on tips to make up for part of your wages, not because you can afford to waste gas deliveringfood. People get jobs to make money, not to risk taking a loss. I get what your saying about Pizza Hut reimbursing drivers but in most pizza places they dontdo that, the drivers salaries rely on tips, and its not like a waiters job where if you dont make enough money in tips they pay you an hourly wage. Its almostlike a strippers job because if they dont make tips they most likely are lossing money.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

laugh.gif

But seriously, you dont think they remember who tips and who doesnt? I order from 2 places and 2 places only and have been doing so for years now and have yet to wait over 30 mins. to get my food. They will take their time getting to a cheapskate's house.
I doubt it since most of the time they don't remember if you said Sweet or Unsweet tea, or any other special directions, unless of course you order from the same place with great frequency. But no I doubt they have an excel spreadsheet or Access database with equation functions where they input the tip by percentage and your name everytime and when they are about to do 5 orders, they can sort by biggest tip and discern who to go to first that way.

roll.gif
While my guys never spit on food they would remember goodtippers. They would do little things like hooking them up with free pop, or cold ones instead of the hotass pop they got in the trunk, or deliver their foodfirst. Nothing big just little things.

If he has to give me change that's less than a dollar, then I let the dude keep the change. Other than that, no tip.

I'm a cheap dude.

--I'm not big on tipping delivery people. It's not like they were waiting on you. Delivering is what they get paid to do.
--Just got pizza and wings the other day though from bill was $32 and some change...gave him $35 and told him to keep the rest.

Usually like 5 bucks...if I couldn't afford the tip I wouldn't get the takeout, I'd get a DiGiornos on the real...or at least pick it up. It'sjust hella tacky to me.

Back
Top Bottom