How much do you pay for your haircut? (IG barbers going crazy)

Like wework? Shhh might make this a weekend hustle. Undercut the competition. Cutting hair is not surgery

yes, very similar. instead of community spaces you get a room just big enough for you and 1 client.

i had passed these places in traffic for years, never new what they were until recently

I haven’t been to the barbershop in probably a year and a half. Was $20 last time I went. It’s probably $25-30 now.

I don’t think my current shop could raise prices to these absurd levels. Every barber is a bit different with their service though so I could see why some would charge more than the listed $35 for a basic cut. I never got into any of the more elaborate cuts or facial hair but those are probably just more off the rip anyway (I would guess at least starting at $45 or $50).

My barber is at $45 now and still asking for tips, $65 on Friday and Saturday. I'm probably going to let my hair grow or just shave my **** down no shape up at some generic chain barber. These prices are nuts.

I’ll just keep rocking the Keanu Reeves Wick haircut. Last time I cut my hair it turned out ok but a lot of times it looks weird because my hair is so dense and difficult to blend.

Same fam.

I even tell my female friends don’t ever get a cut the day of something important. You never know what the result is and you Manage it in case something(wrong) does happen

So much truth to this. I have been thinking about this for my next cut recently because of all my upcoming events :lol:

That’s why whenever I was a groomsman for a wedding, I went to the barbershop 3 or 4 days before. Didn’t want messed up hair for the pictures.
Man, as long as you go o someone that you have gone to consistently before, you're good. an important event is not the time to try out new barbers, but you can still get one right before from a known cutter

Man, as long as you go o someone that you have gone to consistently before, you're good. an important event is not the time to try out new barbers, but you can still get one right before from a known cutter

Man, business travel for extended periods has made me accustomed to trying out new barbers across the country. It’s generally an easy cut so I don’t get too worried but I’ve said it a zillion times on NT…that Euro barber must have had it out for a brotha :smh: Never getting cut there again unless I have a native speaker with a fresh cut from that barber present to facilitate things :lol:

I will look rough and wait before I trust my hair with a random barber.

One bad cut can result in me losing some locs. Not worth the risk.

I cut my own hair. Haven’t paid for a cut in 11-12 years

Remember when haircuts was 12. Give the barber 15 and keep it moving.

Now the homies saying 40-60 bones for a cut.

Miss me w that

East New York Brooklyn NYC

Currently I pay $40

They're already putting up signs saying prices going up to $55, 65 depending on what you get.

Just wanted to report back on the new barbershop that charges $15...I mean new like first time I went there... In high school if you got a bad haircut/shape up we called it you got zeked... And that's exactly what happen to me...the actual cut is not terrible but compared to the picture I showed them it wasn't even close... I like the mid skin fade that starts by the ear... This was a high fade which made my cut look dumb lol... And no pictures will be posted... Will be going back to great clips which isn't the best but they get my cut somewhat right lmao

I think the #1 problem was I didn't know who to go to... So when I called for an appointment I said give me anyone assuming they all nice but nah got some chick who ain't know what she was doing smh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom