How much does a single person need to make to live DECENT in NYC?

There are so many neighborhood stigmatized as being bad in NY but are really gems, where you can get great affordable housing.

You can make it on 35K in New York city.

Millions of people do.

Forget the noise.

my rent is sub 1k and it's a decent area ... but it takes me forever to get to manhattan ... u pay for proximity ... it is what it is ... i would say 60k to be comfy

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

my rent is sub 1k and it's a decent area ... but it takes me forever to get to manhattan ... u pay for proximity ... it is what it is ... i would say 60k to be comfy

My rent is sub1K and it takes 15-20 minutes to get to Manhattan.

NYC is a pricey city man

Currently im moving out to manhattan, right now i live in an outer borough. im considering getting rid of my car, since i wouldnt really need it and my car payments every month are about $450 plus to have parking in nyc it costs about $350 per month. im looking to move in with my girl so rent will be split, but the apartment we are looking at runs about $1,800 per month with bills its gonna come out to about $2,300 per month plus just living in NYC is expensive. sometimes i feel like im struggling and im making about
$60,000 a year. Just waiting to finish college right now so i will have all the time in the world to make that paper
pimp.gif
but if your considering moving out to New York, take it from a New Yorker if you want to live a decent lifestyle you gotta be making about $60,000 a year....you can make it with a lower income but it will defintslly be a struggle.

Originally Posted by famenycity1

NYC is a pricey city man

Currently im moving out to manhattan, right now i live in an outer borough. im considering getting rid of my car, since i wouldnt really need it and my car payments every month are about $450 plus to have parking in nyc it costs about $350 per month. im looking to move in with my girl so rent will be split, but the apartment we are looking at runs about $1,800 per month with bills its gonna come out to about $2,300 per month plus just living in NYC is expensive. sometimes i feel like im struggling and im making about
$60,000 a year. Just waiting to finish college right now so i will have all the time in the world to make that paper
pimp.gif
but if your considering moving out to New York, take it from a New Yorker if you want to live a decent lifestyle you gotta be making about $60,000 a year....you can make it with a lower income but it will defintslly be a struggle.
60 k? what do you do?, and how you making that still in college?

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

damn breh, where you reside? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

damn breh, where you reside? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
The Bronx.

Back
Top Bottom