How people say BIG > this man is beyond me...

Oh so we going back to the Puffy made Big's songs nonsense? Only idiots believe that nonsense. 95% of Big's catalog
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Pac's "music" was better?? Even tho BIG was a BETTER:
Rapper
Lyricist
MC
Songwriter

So I suppose 2Pacalyspenow is a better debut than RTD?? Strictly For My Nz is BETTER than LAD??

Cats sell BIG short, he went from the Lyricist Lounge to Mary J remixes, Supercat, appeared on HITs with Total... Craig Mack... 112, Did a joint with $%@$+# Michael Jackson... Junior Mafia's album was MUCH more successful than that Thug Life... Guided the careers of Lil Kim... He was the brains behind No Way Out (when it was titled Puff Daddy's Hell Up In Harlem)...

Cats just point to 3 or 4 songs from early in Pac's career, but those albums were VERY average...

I don't remember ANYone when I was growing up referring to either of those albums as great pieces of work...

Even Makaveli which is the east coasts fav Pac album... When that #++$ first dropped Ns was sayin it was wack... I'm guessin all of yall convinetly forgot that tho...

Pac's good song to bad song ratio was closer to Lil Wayne's... He made like 200 million songs and is remembered for about 35-40... I guess that makes him better...
ppl who say pac was better is saying it because biggie was a fat dude...part of having a favorite anything is seeing yourself in it and no one wants to be fat..thats da

elephant in da room.

biggie was better then pac in everything except his weight.

Rapper
Lyricist
MC
Songwriter

So I suppose 2Pacalyspenow is a better debut than RTD?? Strictly For My Nz is BETTER than LAD??

Cats sell BIG short, he went from the Lyricist Lounge to Mary J remixes, Supercat, appeared on HITs with Total... Craig Mack... 112, Did a joint with $%@$+# Michael Jackson... Junior Mafia's album was MUCH more successful than that Thug Life... Guided the careers of Lil Kim... He was the brains behind No Way Out (when it was titled Puff Daddy's Hell Up In Harlem)...

Cats just point to 3 or 4 songs from early in Pac's career, but those albums were VERY average...

I don't remember ANYone when I was growing up referring to either of those albums as great pieces of work...

Even Makaveli which is the east coasts fav Pac album... When that #++$ first dropped Ns was sayin it was wack... I'm guessin all of yall convinetly forgot that tho...

Pac's good song to bad song ratio was closer to Lil Wayne's... He made like 200 million songs and is remembered for about 35-40... I guess that makes him better...
ppl who say pac was better is saying it because biggie was a fat dude...part of having a favorite anything is seeing yourself in it and no one wants to be fat..thats da

elephant in da room.

Take away Suge & Pac's still gettin trains ran on him in Clinton...

and then Biggie doesnt get killed he leaves Puff and makes 3 #%%%@! albums and loses his prestige 

Take away Suge & Pac's still gettin trains ran on him in Clinton...

and then Biggie doesnt get killed he leaves Puff and makes 3 #%%%@! albums and loses his prestige 

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Oh so we going back to the Puffy made Big's songs nonsense? Only idiots believe that nonsense. 95% of Big's catalog
laugh.gif

Its documented that Juicy the whole conept of the song was Puff's idea, hell just about every song that made Biggie a commercial success was produced by Diddy. What Im saying is compare what Pac did without the hottest Exec in the game. His albums had alot of fillers but the songs that "hit" are more recognized than Biggies. I think I read somewhere Changes is a top 5 song according to the Pope or some $%@+. 

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif

Its documented that Juicy the whole conept of the song was Puff's idea, hell just about every song that made Biggie a commercial success was produced by Diddy. What Im saying is compare what Pac did without the hottest Exec in the game. His albums had alot of fillers but the songs that "hit" are more recognized than Biggies. I think I read somewhere Changes is a top 5 song according to the Pope or some $%@+. 

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Doe Or Die 22

Ambitionz Az A Ridah is 2pac's version of Victory?

LMFAO, thank you; I rest my case.

Good cause if you think "The sun dont shine forever" is more recognizable than "I cant deny it Im a !@+%@% rider" you already live under a stone
Biggie could rap circles around Pac. But take away Puffy and you take away 95% of Biggie's catalog. Pac crafted SONGS. 

I must live next to the Flintstones then.  It's just as recognizable.  Victory is a classic.  Go in anyone of NT's "Best Opening Lines" threads and what will you see..."the sun don't shine forever...", "I bomb atomically...", "I can't deny it, I'm a %+@%$%% rider...", etc.

You New York N's are all the same
smh.gif

Why does everybody who argues for BIG have to be from NY?  I don't understand it.  I swear I see it everytime this argument comes up.  So are you saying location makes you biased?

Originally Posted by Doe Or Die 22

Ambitionz Az A Ridah is 2pac's version of Victory?

LMFAO, thank you; I rest my case.

Good cause if you think "The sun dont shine forever" is more recognizable than "I cant deny it Im a !@+%@% rider" you already live under a stone
Biggie could rap circles around Pac. But take away Puffy and you take away 95% of Biggie's catalog. Pac crafted SONGS. 

I must live next to the Flintstones then.  It's just as recognizable.  Victory is a classic.  Go in anyone of NT's "Best Opening Lines" threads and what will you see..."the sun don't shine forever...", "I bomb atomically...", "I can't deny it, I'm a %+@%$%% rider...", etc.

You New York N's are all the same
smh.gif

Why does everybody who argues for BIG have to be from NY?  I don't understand it.  I swear I see it everytime this argument comes up.  So are you saying location makes you biased?

The Pope??
laugh.gif
... It was entered into the vaticans library... But when did hip hop care about Catholics and vice versa...

If Diddy such the genuis why didn't he save "Juicy" for No Way Out?? I suppose he helped BIG write the vereses too... All he had was the sample and wanted someone to rap on it... STOP embelishing on the story, Diddy had NO concept for that record
laugh.gif
... I could say "California Love" was Dr Dre's doin and the concept was ALL his... I doubt MC New York came up with the idea...

His song that "hit" are MORE recognized than BIG??
laugh.gif
I'm gonna need a fact check on that buddy...

What did the OTHER 40 or so Bad Boy artists do with the "hottest exec in the game"??

Diddy DOESN'T produce... You need to check your sources... Next your gonna say Diddy was ghostwriting for BIG...
smh.gif

The Pope??
laugh.gif
... It was entered into the vaticans library... But when did hip hop care about Catholics and vice versa...

If Diddy such the genuis why didn't he save "Juicy" for No Way Out?? I suppose he helped BIG write the vereses too... All he had was the sample and wanted someone to rap on it... STOP embelishing on the story, Diddy had NO concept for that record
laugh.gif
... I could say "California Love" was Dr Dre's doin and the concept was ALL his... I doubt MC New York came up with the idea...

His song that "hit" are MORE recognized than BIG??
laugh.gif
I'm gonna need a fact check on that buddy...

What did the OTHER 40 or so Bad Boy artists do with the "hottest exec in the game"??

Diddy DOESN'T produce... You need to check your sources... Next your gonna say Diddy was ghostwriting for BIG...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Ya'll N's ****ing on puff but I remember reading in the making of Ready to Die that Big wanted to do all street +### while Puff was trying to convince him to do more pop +###...
and with the exception of Juicy... I don't like most of their work together.
Mister C played some tracks original cuts before Puff made it pop and censored lines

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Ya'll N's ****ing on puff but I remember reading in the making of Ready to Die that Big wanted to do all street +### while Puff was trying to convince him to do more pop +###...
and with the exception of Juicy... I don't like most of their work together.
Mister C played some tracks original cuts before Puff made it pop and censored lines

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Rapper
Lyricist
MC
Songwriter

elephant in da room.

LOL. Shut ya **+ up foo

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Rapper
Lyricist
MC
Songwriter

elephant in da room.

LOL. Shut ya **+ up foo

now its just degenerated into opinion. it could be argued either way which songs are more recognizable, juicy vs keep ya head up, ambitionz vs victory, cali love vs hypnotize. being from the west coast, id probably say pac's songs are more recognizable but someone from the east coast would probably say biggie's are.

no one's going to win this debate

now its just degenerated into opinion. it could be argued either way which songs are more recognizable, juicy vs keep ya head up, ambitionz vs victory, cali love vs hypnotize. being from the west coast, id probably say pac's songs are more recognizable but someone from the east coast would probably say biggie's are.

no one's going to win this debate

You guys don't have ANYthing else to hang you're argument on??

Like REALLY??

You guys went from your myth of Pac being some modern day civil rights leader to Diddy being responsible for BIG...

Diddy's not even responsible for his success as an artist...
laugh.gif

What's next??

You guys don't have ANYthing else to hang you're argument on??

Like REALLY??

You guys went from your myth of Pac being some modern day civil rights leader to Diddy being responsible for BIG...

Diddy's not even responsible for his success as an artist...
laugh.gif

What's next??

Its documented that Juicy the whole conept of the song was Puff's idea
So Puff gave Big the concept for Juicy. Who wrote the lyrics? Who actually produced the beat? How does this song account for 95% of Big's catalog? What's the evidence that 95% of Big's catalog is accounted for Puff or wouldn't be good if Puff wasn't around?
hell just about every song that made Biggie a commercial success was produced by Diddy.
Exactly in what context are you using the word produce? This is such a dumb argument. Puff gives an idea/concept who wrote the lyrics? Who structured the damn song?
What Im saying is compare what Pac did without the hottest Exec in the game. His albums had alot of fillers but the songs that "hit" are more recognized than Biggies.
More recognized to who?

So you slighting Big cuz Puff was good at his job and somehow giving Pac the one up cuz he had albums with filler but the hits were more recognized than Big's to you?
  I think I read somewhere Changes is a top 5 song according to the Pope or some $%@+.
You can't seriously think this supports anything you say. It's funny cuz I know the article you talking about but tell me how dropping a famous name that's not associated with hip hop means anything.

Its documented that Juicy the whole conept of the song was Puff's idea
So Puff gave Big the concept for Juicy. Who wrote the lyrics? Who actually produced the beat? How does this song account for 95% of Big's catalog? What's the evidence that 95% of Big's catalog is accounted for Puff or wouldn't be good if Puff wasn't around?
hell just about every song that made Biggie a commercial success was produced by Diddy.
Exactly in what context are you using the word produce? This is such a dumb argument. Puff gives an idea/concept who wrote the lyrics? Who structured the damn song?
What Im saying is compare what Pac did without the hottest Exec in the game. His albums had alot of fillers but the songs that "hit" are more recognized than Biggies.
More recognized to who?

So you slighting Big cuz Puff was good at his job and somehow giving Pac the one up cuz he had albums with filler but the hits were more recognized than Big's to you?
  I think I read somewhere Changes is a top 5 song according to the Pope or some $%@+.
You can't seriously think this supports anything you say. It's funny cuz I know the article you talking about but tell me how dropping a famous name that's not associated with hip hop means anything.

Back
Top Bottom