How people say BIG > this man is beyond me...

[h2]75 million to 99 million records[/h2][table][tr][th=""]Artist [/th][th=""]Country [/th][th=""]Period [/th][th=""]Genre [/th][th=""]Estimated sales [/th][/tr][tr][td]B'z[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]1988–present[/td][td]Rock / Pop rock / Hard rock[/td][td]75 million[sup][165][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Carlos Santana[/td][td]Mexico[/td][td]1966–present[/td][td]Rock[/td][td]80 million[sup][166][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Eminem[/td][td]United States[/td][td]1995–present[/td][td]Hip hop[/td][td]80 million[sup][167][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Eurythmics[/td][td]United Kingdom[/td][td]1980–present[/td][td]New wave[/td][td]75 million[sup][168][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Gloria Estefan[/td][td]United States[/td][td]1977–present[/td][td]Latin / Dance / Pop[/td][td]90 million[sup][169][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Journey[/td][td]United States[/td][td]1973–present[/td][td]Arena rock[/td][td]75 million[sup][170][/sup][sup][171][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Luis Miguel[/td][td]Mexico[/td][td]1982–Present[/td][td]Latin pop /Bolero/ Ballad / Mariachi[/td][td]75 million[sup][172][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Prince[/td][td]United States[/td][td]1976–Present[/td][td]Funk / R&B / Pop / Soul / Rock[/td][td]80 million[sup][173][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Spice Girls[/td][td]United Kingdom[/td][td]1996–2000
2007–2008[/td][td]Teen pop[/td][td]75 million[sup][174][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Tupac Shakur[/td][td]United States[/td][td]1990–1996[/td][td]Hip hop[/td][td]75 million[sup][175][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Van Halen[/td][td]United States[/td][td]1978–present[/td][td]Hard Rock[/td][td]80 million [sup][176]

[/sup][/td][/tr][/table]

Men Lie.....Women Lie.....Numbers Dont!

I didn't even see big in the 50 million - 74 million range either. Which tells me he sold less then 50 mill......I'm guessing some where in the 30 mill range. 

Listen.......this is all opinion on these 2 people. Some people like big....some like pac. 

My opinion you ask? Lololol of course my man is pac. Big to me is like any other rapper out now. People were only checking for big because of his flow....hell if you ask me, he is like a jadakiss. Please don't get my words twisted.......what I mean by that line is that Jada is hot in NY...thats it! Like 50 said, his @%! is local. NY embraced big but that was the extent of it. I felt big was local as well. Every single time somebody mentions big......its all about word flow....nothing more....nothing less. 

Somebody mentions pac.....an actor....poet....to some extent..a leader......a rapper ect. Dude has more titles then any other rapper. I mean, dude had political prisoners following his words and movement. Why is it so hard for you guys to see that? 

However, let's get back on topic. This is a discussion regarding who's the best rapper? Ok......TIED! Both had numerous hit records......BOTH had great flow over THEIR beats......BOTH are great songwriters. 

Lets do a quick comparison.....

2pacalypse Now- GoldReady To Die- Gold

Keep in mind these are both debute albums. 

Strictly 4 My Ninjaz- Platinum Life After Death- Certified Diamond

Granted, bigs 2nd album blew away pac's 2nd album. However, took dude 3 years to drop another album? While pac was putting out albums....every year on top of doing movies on top of being in jail lololololololol on top of being raped by the media. 

Also, for a artist to put out 43 studio tracks compared to 77 is considered the best? Before you start critiquing about this......keep in mind that this is NOT Biggie VS Young Dro or Gucci Mane.....these are 2 hiphop heavy weights with quality tracks. 

Is kobe with 5 rings better then MJ with 6? Anyway, that's another topic.

In conclusion, as far as music is concerned, it is a TIE and both appealed to their audience. As far as impact, you can clearly see pac is more then a rapper....more then a poet....more then an actor......dude was a leader for his people. not just black....but for all races sharing that hopeless, struggling feeling. Also, lets be real.....pac had different personalities.....namely because of the media. Tell me at the age of 21-25 could you handle such scrutiny by the media and police? Dude had so many different emotions at different times. Youtube 2pac interviews and you would get hundreds of interviews from pac defending what ever topic they were accusing him of doing or talking about. Youtube big an you would get a handful. Big was not destroyed by the police and media the way pac was. I love that fact that pac can give you "hitem up" and on the flip side "keep ya head up" multi dimensional
pimp.gif
 I said enough and what I spoke is real.......also, my personal opinion

Now that I have spoken, Close the thread.........
laugh.gif

^ What a genius. Let's bring up album sales when Pac had 5-6 albums vs. BIG's two.

LAD and AEOM both went Diamond, right? None of these rappers had a hard time selling.

It's crazy to me how ridiculous 2pac Stans are. Here's some ridiculous things Pac Stans always say:

"2pac was a better rapper than Biggie."
"2pac was going to change the world."
"2pac is an icon worldwide."

Then they post some mural in another country to support that his impact was major worldwide.
Annoying *#! mofo's.

Pac was a mediocre rapper at best. He was not a good rhymer at all. POINT BLANK, PERIOD.

He was NOT going to change the world. He was going to get a life sentence before "changing the world."

His mic skills paled in comparison to Biggie.

HOTR used the same argument I always use. Why is it that Wayne and Pac Stans fail to realize that those rappers recorded way too much quantity, and way too little quality...?

^ What a genius. Let's bring up album sales when Pac had 5-6 albums vs. BIG's two.

LAD and AEOM both went Diamond, right? None of these rappers had a hard time selling.

It's crazy to me how ridiculous 2pac Stans are. Here's some ridiculous things Pac Stans always say:

Then they post some mural in another country to support that his impact was major worldwide.
Annoying *#! mofo's.

Pac was a mediocre rapper at best. He was not a good rhymer at all. POINT BLANK, PERIOD.

He was NOT going to change the world. He was going to get a life sentence before "changing the world."

His mic skills paled in comparison to Biggie.

HOTR used the same argument I always use. Why is it that Wayne and Pac Stans fail to realize that those rappers recorded way too much quantity, and way too little quality...?

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

BIG was local??

Ready To Die went GOLD??

laugh.gif

There's ALL types of FAIL throughout your post...
roll.gif
I was seeing if anybody caught that.........trying to see the true big fans........but local.....yes. 

BIG was local??

Ready To Die went GOLD??

laugh.gif

There's ALL types of FAIL throughout your post...
roll.gif
I was seeing if anybody caught that.........trying to see the true big fans........but local.....yes. 

Funny cause that local rappers 2nd album sold more than ANY Pac studio or posthumous album... (yes all 36 of them)

Ready To Die sold 4 mill which is MORE than ANY Pac studio album (except AEOM which was a double album)...

Not bad for a local guy...

But sales aside... We've all heard the freestyle they kicked live on stage... Pac said the typical
"Thug Life MFer...
Crime Pays..."

Funny cause that local rappers 2nd album sold more than ANY Pac studio or posthumous album... (yes all 36 of them)

Ready To Die sold 4 mill which is MORE than ANY Pac studio album (except AEOM which was a double album)...

Not bad for a local guy...

But sales aside... We've all heard the freestyle they kicked live on stage... Pac said the typical
"Thug Life MFer...
Crime Pays..."

Originally Posted by Doe Or Die 22

It's crazy to me how ridiculous this thread is. Here's some things about Pac:

I seen some mural in another country to support that his impact was major worldwide.
top-10-actors-playing-themselves-20090203041928754.jpg
laugh.gif
 I agree with everything you said.........

Originally Posted by Doe Or Die 22

It's crazy to me how ridiculous this thread is. Here's some things about Pac:

I seen some mural in another country to support that his impact was major worldwide.
top-10-actors-playing-themselves-20090203041928754.jpg
laugh.gif
 I agree with everything you said.........

Pac's "music" was better?? Even tho BIG was a BETTER:
Rapper
Lyricist
MC
Songwriter

laugh.gif
Yeah, dog, you could just say rapper...Lyricist, MC, rapper...all the same @$#!...
He wasn't a better songwriter though. Pac made every kind of song Big made. Big didn't made every type of Pac song, though...

Ambitionz as a Ridah is as good as any street @$#! Big ever did...

California Love is as good as any party @$#! Big ever did...

So Many Tears is better than any depressing @$#! Big ever did...

I get around is as good as any playa @$#! Big did...

Death Around the Corner is as good as any paranoid Big song...

Me and my girlfriend is as good as any angry street @$#! big did...

The only thing Big got Pac clearly beat is in storytelling songs...and songs like Brenda's got a baby and I Ain't mad at cha show he wasn't far off...

@$#!, Big never made a song with more meaning than Keep ya head up...

Big never made anything as political as Holla if u hear me or Trapped...

Big never made anything as heartfelt as Dear Mama...

Big never made anything as inspiring as Hold Ya Head...

Big never touched on religion like Pac did in Blasphemy...

I mean, really, Pac is the greatest rap artist of all time...

And don't compare debuts...who the *@@% knows how a Big album would have sounded in 91...compare the music they put out while they both were alive in their prime...

and don't talk about their respective weed carrier albums...

Conspiracy= gold

Thug life=gold

Still I rise = Platinum...

At the end of the day, this argument has been happening since them N's been alive...but I'm riding with my man... (And I *@@% with Big HEAVY)

Big as a rapper >>> Pac

Pac as a artist >>> Big

Pac as a artist >>> anyone else in rap, besides Nas (IMO)

Pac's "music" was better?? Even tho BIG was a BETTER:
Rapper
Lyricist
MC
Songwriter

laugh.gif
Yeah, dog, you could just say rapper...Lyricist, MC, rapper...all the same @$#!...
He wasn't a better songwriter though. Pac made every kind of song Big made. Big didn't made every type of Pac song, though...

Ambitionz as a Ridah is as good as any street @$#! Big ever did...

California Love is as good as any party @$#! Big ever did...

So Many Tears is better than any depressing @$#! Big ever did...

I get around is as good as any playa @$#! Big did...

Death Around the Corner is as good as any paranoid Big song...

Me and my girlfriend is as good as any angry street @$#! big did...

The only thing Big got Pac clearly beat is in storytelling songs...and songs like Brenda's got a baby and I Ain't mad at cha show he wasn't far off...

@$#!, Big never made a song with more meaning than Keep ya head up...

Big never made anything as political as Holla if u hear me or Trapped...

Big never made anything as heartfelt as Dear Mama...

Big never made anything as inspiring as Hold Ya Head...

Big never touched on religion like Pac did in Blasphemy...

I mean, really, Pac is the greatest rap artist of all time...

And don't compare debuts...who the *@@% knows how a Big album would have sounded in 91...compare the music they put out while they both were alive in their prime...

and don't talk about their respective weed carrier albums...

Conspiracy= gold

Thug life=gold

Still I rise = Platinum...

At the end of the day, this argument has been happening since them N's been alive...but I'm riding with my man... (And I *@@% with Big HEAVY)

Big as a rapper >>> Pac

Pac as a artist >>> Big

Pac as a artist >>> anyone else in rap, besides Nas (IMO)

Originally Posted by haiti5

Pac made every kind of song Big made. Big didn't made every type of Pac song, though...

*Every song Pac made that Big did was not as good as the way Big did it though. Not to mention other rappers.

Just saying Pac touched every base doesn't mean he did all of them great.

Originally Posted by haiti5

Pac made every kind of song Big made. Big didn't made every type of Pac song, though...

*Every song Pac made that Big did was not as good as the way Big did it though. Not to mention other rappers.

Just saying Pac touched every base doesn't mean he did all of them great.

"Warning" isn't a better song than "Death Around The Corner"?? Or atleast equal?? Not only is it a storytelling its a paranoid type record...

I'm sorry "Big Poppa" is a better party record, and lyrically its as HARDcore as anything out there (did you listen to the 3rd verse)... "Get Money" & The remix?? Hypnotized, Mo Money Mo Problems aren't better party records?? "One More Chance"?? You obviously didn't think your response through very well...

If we talk about the time period BIG was BIGGER than Pac... Maybe you forgot... And that's why Pac came home from jail SOOOOO angry cause of all the props BIG was gettin...

I aint goin take credit away from "Keep Ya Head Up" but is "Juicy" not AS inspirational?? I mean Pac did go to jail for sexually abusing a BLACK woman after all... Actions speak LOUDER than word right??... #imjussayin

You're forgetting songs like "Everyday Struggle" as if that doesn't resonate with the struggle as much as ANYthing Pac made... Or "Suicidal Thoughts" & "Ready To Die" aren't as paranoid as Pac's @@!$...

True BIG has no "Dear Mama", but who's to say if Pac mom wasn't smokin crack he'd have one?? It took cancer for even NaS to make "Dance"... BIG wasn't given the time on earth to speak on his moms breast cancer...

But Pac has no "Notorious Thugs" where he just BODIED a foreign style of rhyming... He has no "10 Crack Commandments"... He has nothing as lyrically HARD hitting as "Long Kiss Goodnight"... "What's Beef"?? "Somebody's Gotta Die"?? There's no "Kick In The Door" in Pac's catalog... No "I Got A Story To Tell"...

Obviously Pac has more politically charged songs than BIG, but they lived DIFFERENT lifestyles and are from different backgrounds... Pac didn't live that "Thug" life foreal... He may have understood it to an extent, but he didn't LIVE it... That's why he couldn't pen a "10 Crack Commandments" cause he only hustled for 2 weeks and by his own admission didn't know what he was doin... Pac couldn't tell a street tale like BIG...

"Warning" isn't a better song than "Death Around The Corner"?? Or atleast equal?? Not only is it a storytelling its a paranoid type record...

I'm sorry "Big Poppa" is a better party record, and lyrically its as HARDcore as anything out there (did you listen to the 3rd verse)... "Get Money" & The remix?? Hypnotized, Mo Money Mo Problems aren't better party records?? "One More Chance"?? You obviously didn't think your response through very well...

If we talk about the time period BIG was BIGGER than Pac... Maybe you forgot... And that's why Pac came home from jail SOOOOO angry cause of all the props BIG was gettin...

I aint goin take credit away from "Keep Ya Head Up" but is "Juicy" not AS inspirational?? I mean Pac did go to jail for sexually abusing a BLACK woman after all... Actions speak LOUDER than word right??... #imjussayin

You're forgetting songs like "Everyday Struggle" as if that doesn't resonate with the struggle as much as ANYthing Pac made... Or "Suicidal Thoughts" & "Ready To Die" aren't as paranoid as Pac's @@!$...

True BIG has no "Dear Mama", but who's to say if Pac mom wasn't smokin crack he'd have one?? It took cancer for even NaS to make "Dance"... BIG wasn't given the time on earth to speak on his moms breast cancer...

But Pac has no "Notorious Thugs" where he just BODIED a foreign style of rhyming... He has no "10 Crack Commandments"... He has nothing as lyrically HARD hitting as "Long Kiss Goodnight"... "What's Beef"?? "Somebody's Gotta Die"?? There's no "Kick In The Door" in Pac's catalog... No "I Got A Story To Tell"...

Obviously Pac has more politically charged songs than BIG, but they lived DIFFERENT lifestyles and are from different backgrounds... Pac didn't live that "Thug" life foreal... He may have understood it to an extent, but he didn't LIVE it... That's why he couldn't pen a "10 Crack Commandments" cause he only hustled for 2 weeks and by his own admission didn't know what he was doin... Pac couldn't tell a street tale like BIG...

LMAO at California Love being as good as any B.I.G. party song. Juicy ain't even a party song and it gets more love at parties than maybe any song period. I won't even mention "Big Poppa" or the "One More Chance" remix.

Pac made every song that Biggie made? LMAO.
Show me Pac's version of "Victory."

Just look at what Biggie did on the Bone Thugz' collabo and compare it to what 2pac did on his Bone Thugz' collabo.

That alone should show you clowns that Pac was at least 5,000 steps behind Biggie as a rapper.

LMAO at California Love being as good as any B.I.G. party song. Juicy ain't even a party song and it gets more love at parties than maybe any song period. I won't even mention "Big Poppa" or the "One More Chance" remix.

Pac made every song that Biggie made? LMAO.
Show me Pac's version of "Victory."

Just look at what Biggie did on the Bone Thugz' collabo and compare it to what 2pac did on his Bone Thugz' collabo.

That alone should show you clowns that Pac was at least 5,000 steps behind Biggie as a rapper.

Back
Top Bottom