How people say BIG > this man is beyond me...

Originally Posted by wheredeydothatat

Originally Posted by Essential1

Pac dropped out some stinkers though, got better as he went along.. but it's possible if Biggie's career was longer he would've also dropped horrible music.
we have to consider where the true music ends and the mashed together capitalizing off death starts...

It is hard to pinpoint because these are just verses that are recorded then they throw a random beat to it... I think had both them been alive for longer the songs would have not fell off like they did

Consider the past: Better Dayz, Loyal To The Game & Pac's Life... Do you think Pac would give the thumbs up to half those songs to be on an album had he still been alive..
im not talking about the songs that came out after pac died..  2pacalypse now and strictly for my #*%$+$ were buns.  he got better as he went along.  one thing that holds pac back imo is how he would include his wack %!@ rappers like the outlawz on his classic songs.  outlaws ruined hit em up
I liked Outlawz on Hit Em Up and especially Hail Mary...........   But Big Syke comes to mind as wack rapper who is on a Pac song.... I wouldn't say those albums were bad because there is still a lot of classic material on them...

Pac dropped out some stinkers though, got better as he went along.. but it's possible if Biggie's career was longer he would've also dropped horrible music.
we have to consider where the true music ends and the mashed together capitalizing off death starts...

It is hard to pinpoint because these are just verses that are recorded then they throw a random beat to it... I think had both them been alive for longer the songs would have not fell off like they did

Consider the past: Better Dayz, Loyal To The Game & Pac's Life... Do you think Pac would give the thumbs up to half those songs to be on an album had he still been alive..
im not talking about the songs that came out after pac died..  2pacalypse now and strictly for my #*%$+$ were buns.  he got better as he went along.  one thing that holds pac back imo is how he would include his wack %!@ rappers like the outlawz on his classic songs.  outlaws ruined hit em up
QFT
tired.gif
. I thought I was the only one who wasn't blind to this fact. His proteges were rubbish at best. I mean, the energy was there, but the talent wasn't. But him showin love and throwin em on the track is what killed some classic songs. Imagine Pac doin a full 48 on "Hit Em Up"
sick.gif

QFT
tired.gif
. I thought I was the only one who wasn't blind to this fact. His proteges were rubbish at best. I mean, the energy was there, but the talent wasn't. But him showin love and throwin em on the track is what killed some classic songs. Imagine Pac doin a full 48 on "Hit Em Up"
sick.gif

Pac had a BETTER flow than BIG??
laugh.gif

#stopit5

A better songwriter than BIG??
laugh.gif

#stopit5

Song writing?? Hit Making??

What are you basing this on?? Pac didn't have his FIRST Top 10 hit till his 3rd album... BIG had 2 on his 1st album...

In life Pac had 2 top 10 singles, BIG had 4 (out of 7 singles)... So you can't use the hitmaking argument cause it doesn't hold water...

Further more, Ready To Die sold more than ALL Pac's albums that HE made (with the exception of All Eyez On Me which was a double disc)

Life After Death has sold more than ANY of Pac's albums in LIFE or DEATH...

As far as cultural impact?? Is that being based off of Pac being visibly more influential?? Cause musically BIG was MUCH more influential... You can listen to hip hop BEFORE Ready To Die & After and its clear... I don't remember the world stopping after 2Pacalypse now... Unless I missed somethin...

Pac had a BETTER flow than BIG??
laugh.gif

#stopit5

A better songwriter than BIG??
laugh.gif

#stopit5

Song writing?? Hit Making??

What are you basing this on?? Pac didn't have his FIRST Top 10 hit till his 3rd album... BIG had 2 on his 1st album...

In life Pac had 2 top 10 singles, BIG had 4 (out of 7 singles)... So you can't use the hitmaking argument cause it doesn't hold water...

Further more, Ready To Die sold more than ALL Pac's albums that HE made (with the exception of All Eyez On Me which was a double disc)

Life After Death has sold more than ANY of Pac's albums in LIFE or DEATH...

As far as cultural impact?? Is that being based off of Pac being visibly more influential?? Cause musically BIG was MUCH more influential... You can listen to hip hop BEFORE Ready To Die & After and its clear... I don't remember the world stopping after 2Pacalypse now... Unless I missed somethin...

Im cali born and raised but BIG>>>>>PAc when it comes to

-flow
-style

thats enough for my head to start nodding so w/e......also, black frank white had better beats
glasses.gif

Im cali born and raised but BIG>>>>>PAc when it comes to

-flow
-style

thats enough for my head to start nodding so w/e......also, black frank white had better beats
glasses.gif

I don't think you guys understand what "songwriting" is...

You guys focusing on song "MAKING"...

Sayin 2Pac is a better song writer than BIG is absolutley absurd, I don't remember Pac "writing" for ANYone or ever assisting with the song making process for another successful artist... EVER...

When he was doin the humpty dance behind Shock G, BIG was tearin !!%# down @ the Lyricist Lounge...

There isn't a record in Pac's catalog that BIG couldn't write, but there's NO way Pac could author a "Warning", "Somebody's Gotta Die", or "Nz Bleed"... You can FEEL Pac's pain in his voice and tone, but you can SEE BIGs pain through his multi layered, picture perfect descriptive rhymes...

Ready To Die is AS powerful, paranoid, and heartfelt as ANY Pac album... And Life After Death is just WAAAY more artistically progressive than ANY Pac album...

Musically when did Pac EVER push the envelope?? BIG laid down the blueprint for hip hop with Life After Death, he showed Ns the way... He showed that you had to be appealing to all regions musically if you wanted to be the KING of this !!%#... Pac is my man, but how many times can you rhyme "weeeeeeeed" and "heneseeeeeeey"...

Is that what you call flow?? He rides the EXACT same flow and rhyme pattern on damn near EVERY song... He tried to do the mid 90s east coast style on "Troublesome" and it comes off as just that... A cheap imitation...

BIG was a BETTER:
Rapper (tho its close)
Lyricist (not really close)
&
MC

As an ARTIST that may be the ONLY field where Pac may have a ligitimate argument, but I'd even be hesitant to say that comfortably... Half of Pac's albums wernt that good.

2Pacalypsenow - Wasn't NObody $@!*$@ with that weak !!%# like that... He had a FEW joints... And when I say that I mean UNDER 5...

Strictly For My... - STILL didn't fully fulfill his potential, had a FEW more joints but not many... The production is just avg @ BEST... Especially compared to other albums that dropped back then

Me Against The World - This is when he FINALLY came into his own... And found his lane as an artist

All Eyez On Me - Just bloated with a bunch of songs that NEEDED to be left off the album... Had this been shaved to like 12-14 songs it would've been a CLASSIC because of the actual music and NOT because of the artist

Makaveli - CLASSIC... Really nothin more to say... AMAZING album from front to back

2.5/5 = 50%

BIG was:
2/2 = 100%

I don't think you guys understand what "songwriting" is...

You guys focusing on song "MAKING"...

Sayin 2Pac is a better song writer than BIG is absolutley absurd, I don't remember Pac "writing" for ANYone or ever assisting with the song making process for another successful artist... EVER...

When he was doin the humpty dance behind Shock G, BIG was tearin !!%# down @ the Lyricist Lounge...

There isn't a record in Pac's catalog that BIG couldn't write, but there's NO way Pac could author a "Warning", "Somebody's Gotta Die", or "Nz Bleed"... You can FEEL Pac's pain in his voice and tone, but you can SEE BIGs pain through his multi layered, picture perfect descriptive rhymes...

Ready To Die is AS powerful, paranoid, and heartfelt as ANY Pac album... And Life After Death is just WAAAY more artistically progressive than ANY Pac album...

Musically when did Pac EVER push the envelope?? BIG laid down the blueprint for hip hop with Life After Death, he showed Ns the way... He showed that you had to be appealing to all regions musically if you wanted to be the KING of this !!%#... Pac is my man, but how many times can you rhyme "weeeeeeeed" and "heneseeeeeeey"...

Is that what you call flow?? He rides the EXACT same flow and rhyme pattern on damn near EVERY song... He tried to do the mid 90s east coast style on "Troublesome" and it comes off as just that... A cheap imitation...

BIG was a BETTER:
Rapper (tho its close)
Lyricist (not really close)
&
MC

As an ARTIST that may be the ONLY field where Pac may have a ligitimate argument, but I'd even be hesitant to say that comfortably... Half of Pac's albums wernt that good.

2Pacalypsenow - Wasn't NObody $@!*$@ with that weak !!%# like that... He had a FEW joints... And when I say that I mean UNDER 5...

Strictly For My... - STILL didn't fully fulfill his potential, had a FEW more joints but not many... The production is just avg @ BEST... Especially compared to other albums that dropped back then

Me Against The World - This is when he FINALLY came into his own... And found his lane as an artist

All Eyez On Me - Just bloated with a bunch of songs that NEEDED to be left off the album... Had this been shaved to like 12-14 songs it would've been a CLASSIC because of the actual music and NOT because of the artist

Makaveli - CLASSIC... Really nothin more to say... AMAZING album from front to back

2.5/5 = 50%

BIG was:
2/2 = 100%

its impossible to talk to people from NY about pac.
indifferent.gif
that has nuttin to do wit it...if we talking bout as an MC, you gotta ride wit BIG...and its not even close...the only thing pac has over BIG is a more lengthy catalog...Pac was a very good rapper...BIG is the greatest...oh and btw if we just goin on lyrics and flow, how can you not pick Pun over Pac?

its impossible to talk to people from NY about pac.
indifferent.gif
that has nuttin to do wit it...if we talking bout as an MC, you gotta ride wit BIG...and its not even close...the only thing pac has over BIG is a more lengthy catalog...Pac was a very good rapper...BIG is the greatest...oh and btw if we just goin on lyrics and flow, how can you not pick Pun over Pac?

How Dare anyone with Ears Say Tupac > Biggie Smalls.

People Cmon..... Big would rap circles around Tupac, and its not even a fair arguement to compare the two....... Biggie wins by a landslide.

How Dare anyone with Ears Say Tupac > Biggie Smalls.

People Cmon..... Big would rap circles around Tupac, and its not even a fair arguement to compare the two....... Biggie wins by a landslide.

BIG can't be the greatest because he didn't put out enough music.

And

No 
indifferent.gif
  The fact that you think Pac has the same flow and rhyme pattern on almost every song tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about. 

BIG can't be the greatest because he didn't put out enough music.

And

No 
indifferent.gif
  The fact that you think Pac has the same flow and rhyme pattern on almost every song tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about. 

Back
Top Bottom