How people say BIG > this man is beyond me...

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Using billboard hits in a greatest rap artist of all time debate is quite possibly one of the silliest things one can do. BIG is nice. Top 3 if you just count wordplay and flow. But when it comes down to it, Pac made classic material. There's a reason why his music is taught in college courses. What will remembered in 50 years? Changes, Brenda has a Baby, White Mans World, Dear Mama, so many tears or juicy, hypnotize, n'z bleed, warning, etc??? 2pac was the John Lennon of hip hop. He's global, big is national
I wish the songs you listed for Tupac held as much weight in the world as you are attempting to make them seem...but we are not in a perfect world and tho Pac's aim was dead on...the social impact of those songs just like so many other things geared toward improving the black community or humanity in general dont go as planned but make good history lessons n examples, no matter how much we are TOLD his impact.....WHAT DO WE SEE STILL IN THIS WORLD??

They were great songs, great attempts at using rap for sumtin positive...but the walking contradiction Pac was, added with the way the world works when it comes to rap and positivity, doesnt give the guy the outright edge over Biggie Smalls on sum Rap issh

N' cant paint this pic of Pac being the rapper of hope and positivity and at that same moment on the other side of town sum homies loading up a choppa to one of his greatest hits wit merkin sumtin on his mind

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Using billboard hits in a greatest rap artist of all time debate is quite possibly one of the silliest things one can do. BIG is nice. Top 3 if you just count wordplay and flow. But when it comes down to it, Pac made classic material. There's a reason why his music is taught in college courses. What will remembered in 50 years? Changes, Brenda has a Baby, White Mans World, Dear Mama, so many tears or juicy, hypnotize, n'z bleed, warning, etc??? 2pac was the John Lennon of hip hop. He's global, big is national
I wish the songs you listed for Tupac held as much weight in the world as you are attempting to make them seem...but we are not in a perfect world and tho Pac's aim was dead on...the social impact of those songs just like so many other things geared toward improving the black community or humanity in general dont go as planned but make good history lessons n examples, no matter how much we are TOLD his impact.....WHAT DO WE SEE STILL IN THIS WORLD??

They were great songs, great attempts at using rap for sumtin positive...but the walking contradiction Pac was, added with the way the world works when it comes to rap and positivity, doesnt give the guy the outright edge over Biggie Smalls on sum Rap issh

N' cant paint this pic of Pac being the rapper of hope and positivity and at that same moment on the other side of town sum homies loading up a choppa to one of his greatest hits wit merkin sumtin on his mind

I mean, obviously BIG had more talent (And I think it's closer then most N's like to give credit. I mean Ready to Die = Me Against the world, as far as lyrics.)
But as  a all around artist, Pac is the greatest. Dude touched on everything ...

As far as subject matter, Big never had the depth Pac had...

There's no Big song that give's you the feeling %$+! like Dear Mama, Keep Ya Head Up, and if I die 2night gives you...

I mean, obviously BIG had more talent (And I think it's closer then most N's like to give credit. I mean Ready to Die = Me Against the world, as far as lyrics.)
But as  a all around artist, Pac is the greatest. Dude touched on everything ...

As far as subject matter, Big never had the depth Pac had...

There's no Big song that give's you the feeling %$+! like Dear Mama, Keep Ya Head Up, and if I die 2night gives you...

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

Originally Posted by wheredeydothatat

its impossible to talk to people from NY about pac.
indifferent.gif
that has nuttin to do wit it...if we talking bout as an MC, you gotta ride wit BIG...and its not even close...the only thing pac has over BIG is a more lengthy catalog...Pac was a very good rapper...BIG is the greatest...oh and btw if we just goin on lyrics and flow, how can you not pick Pun over Pac?
if we just goin by lyrics and flow, rakim is the GOAT.  but we're not, so pun ain't close to pac.  sorry, NY stan
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

Originally Posted by wheredeydothatat

its impossible to talk to people from NY about pac.
indifferent.gif
that has nuttin to do wit it...if we talking bout as an MC, you gotta ride wit BIG...and its not even close...the only thing pac has over BIG is a more lengthy catalog...Pac was a very good rapper...BIG is the greatest...oh and btw if we just goin on lyrics and flow, how can you not pick Pun over Pac?
if we just goin by lyrics and flow, rakim is the GOAT.  but we're not, so pun ain't close to pac.  sorry, NY stan
grin.gif

This thread is going to go absolutely nowhere, much like any other BIG Vs. Pac thread.

Music is based off of opinion, some think Pac is better, some think BIG is, and it will always be that way.

This thread is going to go absolutely nowhere, much like any other BIG Vs. Pac thread.

Music is based off of opinion, some think Pac is better, some think BIG is, and it will always be that way.

laugh.gif
The same dudes in here bringing up Big's billboard hits are the same %%%%!! in that other thread !+!%#$$+ on Diddy. Go figure

Pac > Biggie

TUNE HAS SPOKEN

laugh.gif
The same dudes in here bringing up Big's billboard hits are the same %%%%!! in that other thread !+!%#$$+ on Diddy. Go figure

Pac > Biggie

TUNE HAS SPOKEN

'Pac was throwing a temper tantrum (see Hit 'Em Up) the entire time that whole East, West beef was happening. And what magnus said can be justified; 'Pac's emotion/subject matter/presence is really what made him. He's not a amazing lyrically when it comes down to it.

'Pac was throwing a temper tantrum (see Hit 'Em Up) the entire time that whole East, West beef was happening. And what magnus said can be justified; 'Pac's emotion/subject matter/presence is really what made him. He's not a amazing lyrically when it comes down to it.

It's funny to me that this argument still goes on, that just shows how great both of them are and at the same time it shows how bad the industry is nowadays if we have to argue about which dude was the best and they both died over 13 years ago. They were both pretty much the same. Now I know no one will agree with that but when it boils down to it, they both had an original and powerful voice. They both knew exactly how flow over tracks and make an impact and they both were great at tellin' gangster stories. It just comes down to which one you found more entertaining. And as for production they both were pretty much equal back then. I mean their biggest albums had the biggest producers on their coast at the time, so that's pretty much a push.

So for me, I've always liked Pac's voice and vibe better so I always listened to him more but that's not to say I didn't listen to Big a lot. I'm just happy they were here long enough to give us some great music to last forever.

It's funny to me that this argument still goes on, that just shows how great both of them are and at the same time it shows how bad the industry is nowadays if we have to argue about which dude was the best and they both died over 13 years ago. They were both pretty much the same. Now I know no one will agree with that but when it boils down to it, they both had an original and powerful voice. They both knew exactly how flow over tracks and make an impact and they both were great at tellin' gangster stories. It just comes down to which one you found more entertaining. And as for production they both were pretty much equal back then. I mean their biggest albums had the biggest producers on their coast at the time, so that's pretty much a push.

So for me, I've always liked Pac's voice and vibe better so I always listened to him more but that's not to say I didn't listen to Big a lot. I'm just happy they were here long enough to give us some great music to last forever.

Pac is mad overrated and I've been waiting years for people to realize it.

With that said, its all opinion and if someone thinks Pac is the greatest rapper ever then I have no right to say they're wrong.

Pac is mad overrated and I've been waiting years for people to realize it.

With that said, its all opinion and if someone thinks Pac is the greatest rapper ever then I have no right to say they're wrong.

Thank you. Dudes get too emotional and ego struck when people don't wanna think the same way.

Thank you. Dudes get too emotional and ego struck when people don't wanna think the same way.

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif

Pac > Biggie

TUNE HAS SPOKEN
What does THAT have to do with ANYthing??

Ns talkin about Diddy bein a snake...

Is it coincidence he seems to have had proir knowledge of BOTH artists being shot on 2 seperate occasions??

Pac coming to Quad studios to get a $7,000 check from Andre Harrell's account?? 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom