How people say BIG > this man is beyond me...

im gonna stop postin altogether if this double post 5hit keeps up, i swear.....

im gonna stop postin altogether if this double post 5hit keeps up, i swear.....

Originally Posted by FromAZwithLOVE

Im sorry but Biggie was overrated as @$%$
82860d1217358994funnystkh8.jpg

BTW, if you were born after 85 your opinion on this matter is INVALID... some of yall were literally like 5 or 6 when Pac got clapped, what the HELL did ya know about Rap? 
roll.gif

BIG>Pac, all day every day

Originally Posted by FromAZwithLOVE

Im sorry but Biggie was overrated as @$%$
82860d1217358994funnystkh8.jpg

BTW, if you were born after 85 your opinion on this matter is INVALID... some of yall were literally like 5 or 6 when Pac got clapped, what the HELL did ya know about Rap? 
roll.gif

BIG>Pac, all day every day

If you Listen to "My Block," "Better Dayz," "R U Still Down (Remember Me),"Until The End Of Time" I can't for the life of me see how someone could say that not only he isn't lyrical, but that he wasn't just flat out better than biggie. The versatility on pac was phenomonal.

How you go from records like that to records like "I get around" and "Rather be ya @@%$*," etc. Smh, simply the g.o.a.t.

Biggie doesn't have that versatility man.

If you Listen to "My Block," "Better Dayz," "R U Still Down (Remember Me),"Until The End Of Time" I can't for the life of me see how someone could say that not only he isn't lyrical, but that he wasn't just flat out better than biggie. The versatility on pac was phenomonal.

How you go from records like that to records like "I get around" and "Rather be ya @@%$*," etc. Smh, simply the g.o.a.t.

Biggie doesn't have that versatility man.

You guys act like BIG didn't have range within his songs... As if he didn't craft some of the most conceptually clever records in the history of the genre...

Ready To Die is one of the most emotionnly charged hip hop albums of ALL time... You guys seem to be failing to recognize that...

I grew up on BOTH them Ns, a HUGE fan of BOTH them... But when it comes to skill, versatility as an MC (and NOT just subject matter), lyrical talent & ability, BIG is better... No disrespect to Pac, but he rode the SAME flow throughout his career...

You guys act like BIG didn't have range within his songs... As if he didn't craft some of the most conceptually clever records in the history of the genre...

Ready To Die is one of the most emotionnly charged hip hop albums of ALL time... You guys seem to be failing to recognize that...

I grew up on BOTH them Ns, a HUGE fan of BOTH them... But when it comes to skill, versatility as an MC (and NOT just subject matter), lyrical talent & ability, BIG is better... No disrespect to Pac, but he rode the SAME flow throughout his career...

Usually HOTR be on some next **%! but people sleep on BIG like he wasn't a great rapper. I can understand the whole better Artist stand point from Pac but rapper? Big had him beat flow,word play...

But if neither one of them were killed we wouldn't be having this convo of who's the greatest.

Usually HOTR be on some next **%! but people sleep on BIG like he wasn't a great rapper. I can understand the whole better Artist stand point from Pac but rapper? Big had him beat flow,word play...

But if neither one of them were killed we wouldn't be having this convo of who's the greatest.

Seems like there's two different arguments here...
Yes Big was a better rapper than Pac...but Pac >>> Big...

Pac's music was just better, it touched on more things and it meant more to more people than Bigs music did...

Seems like there's two different arguments here...
Yes Big was a better rapper than Pac...but Pac >>> Big...

Pac's music was just better, it touched on more things and it meant more to more people than Bigs music did...

Pac's "music" was better?? Even tho BIG was a BETTER:
Rapper
Lyricist
MC
Songwriter

So I suppose 2Pacalyspenow is a better debut than RTD?? Strictly For My Nz is BETTER than LAD??

Cats sell BIG short, he went from the Lyricist Lounge to Mary J remixes, Supercat, appeared on HITs with Total... Craig Mack... 112, Did a joint with $%@$+# Michael Jackson... Junior Mafia's album was MUCH more successful than that Thug Life... Guided the careers of Lil Kim... He was the brains behind No Way Out (when it was titled Puff Daddy's Hell Up In Harlem)...

Cats just point to 3 or 4 songs from early in Pac's career, but those albums were VERY average...

I don't remember ANYone when I was growing up referring to either of those albums as great pieces of work...

Even Makaveli which is the east coasts fav Pac album... When that #++$ first dropped Ns was sayin it was wack... I'm guessin all of yall convinetly forgot that tho...

Pac's good song to bad song ratio was closer to Lil Wayne's... He made like 200 million songs and is remembered for about 35-40... I guess that makes him better...

Pac's "music" was better?? Even tho BIG was a BETTER:
Rapper
Lyricist
MC
Songwriter

So I suppose 2Pacalyspenow is a better debut than RTD?? Strictly For My Nz is BETTER than LAD??

Cats sell BIG short, he went from the Lyricist Lounge to Mary J remixes, Supercat, appeared on HITs with Total... Craig Mack... 112, Did a joint with $%@$+# Michael Jackson... Junior Mafia's album was MUCH more successful than that Thug Life... Guided the careers of Lil Kim... He was the brains behind No Way Out (when it was titled Puff Daddy's Hell Up In Harlem)...

Cats just point to 3 or 4 songs from early in Pac's career, but those albums were VERY average...

I don't remember ANYone when I was growing up referring to either of those albums as great pieces of work...

Even Makaveli which is the east coasts fav Pac album... When that #++$ first dropped Ns was sayin it was wack... I'm guessin all of yall convinetly forgot that tho...

Pac's good song to bad song ratio was closer to Lil Wayne's... He made like 200 million songs and is remembered for about 35-40... I guess that makes him better...

Honestly, I was born in 89 and grew up listening to Jay Z so it's tough for me to put PAC and BIG over Hov.  
And I think if you are above the age of 27 right now, I can't argue with you if you say PAC or BIG is the greatest. Those should be the only two names you mention. 

Honestly, I was born in 89 and grew up listening to Jay Z so it's tough for me to put PAC and BIG over Hov.  
And I think if you are above the age of 27 right now, I can't argue with you if you say PAC or BIG is the greatest. Those should be the only two names you mention. 

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

One was better at rapping, one was one of the best and most important human beings of the last 2 decades. 
Yeaaaaah I'm not so sure about that... really, in the grand scheme of things? 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

One was better at rapping, one was one of the best and most important human beings of the last 2 decades. 
Yeaaaaah I'm not so sure about that... really, in the grand scheme of things? 
grin.gif

[h2]75 million to 99 million records[/h2][table][tr][th=""]Artist [/th][th=""]Country [/th][th=""]Period [/th][th=""]Genre [/th][th=""]Estimated sales [/th][/tr][tr][td]B'z[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]1988–present[/td][td]Rock / Pop rock / Hard rock[/td][td]75 million[sup][165][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Carlos Santana[/td][td]Mexico[/td][td]1966–present[/td][td]Rock[/td][td]80 million[sup][166][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Eminem[/td][td]United States[/td][td]1995–present[/td][td]Hip hop[/td][td]80 million[sup][167][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Eurythmics[/td][td]United Kingdom[/td][td]1980–present[/td][td]New wave[/td][td]75 million[sup][168][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Gloria Estefan[/td][td]United States[/td][td]1977–present[/td][td]Latin / Dance / Pop[/td][td]90 million[sup][169][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Journey[/td][td]United States[/td][td]1973–present[/td][td]Arena rock[/td][td]75 million[sup][170][/sup][sup][171][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Luis Miguel[/td][td]Mexico[/td][td]1982–Present[/td][td]Latin pop /Bolero/ Ballad / Mariachi[/td][td]75 million[sup][172][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Prince[/td][td]United States[/td][td]1976–Present[/td][td]Funk / R&B / Pop / Soul / Rock[/td][td]80 million[sup][173][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Spice Girls[/td][td]United Kingdom[/td][td]1996–2000
2007–2008[/td][td]Teen pop[/td][td]75 million[sup][174][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Tupac Shakur[/td][td]United States[/td][td]1990–1996[/td][td]Hip hop[/td][td]75 million[sup][175][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Van Halen[/td][td]United States[/td][td]1978–present[/td][td]Hard Rock[/td][td]80 million [sup][176]

[/sup][/td][/tr][/table]

Men Lie.....Women Lie.....Numbers Dont!

I didn't even see big in the 50 million - 74 million range either. Which tells me he sold less then 50 mill......I'm guessing some where in the 30 mill range. 

Listen.......this is all opinion on these 2 people. Some people like big....some like pac. 

My opinion you ask? Lololol of course my man is pac. Big to me is like any other rapper out now. People were only checking for big because of his flow....hell if you ask me, he is like a jadakiss. Please don't get my words twisted.......what I mean by that line is that Jada is hot in NY...thats it! Like 50 said, his @%! is local. NY embraced big but that was the extent of it. I felt big was local as well. Every single time somebody mentions big......its all about word flow....nothing more....nothing less. 

Somebody mentions pac.....an actor....poet....to some extent..a leader......a rapper ect. Dude has more titles then any other rapper. I mean, dude had political prisoners following his words and movement. Why is it so hard for you guys to see that? 

However, let's get back on topic. This is a discussion regarding who's the best rapper? Ok......TIED! Both had numerous hit records......BOTH had great flow over THEIR beats......BOTH are great songwriters. 

Lets do a quick comparison.....

2pacalypse Now- GoldReady To Die- Gold

Keep in mind these are both debute albums. 

Strictly 4 My Ninjaz- Platinum Life After Death- Certified Diamond

Granted, bigs 2nd album blew away pac's 2nd album. However, took dude 3 years to drop another album? While pac was putting out albums....every year on top of doing movies on top of being in jail lololololololol on top of being raped by the media. 

Also, for a artist to put out 43 studio tracks compared to 77 is considered the best? Before you start critiquing about this......keep in mind that this is NOT Biggie VS Young Dro or Gucci Mane.....these are 2 hiphop heavy weights with quality tracks. 

Is kobe with 5 rings better then MJ with 6? Anyway, that's another topic.

In conclusion, as far as music is concerned, it is a TIE and both appealed to their audience. As far as impact, you can clearly see pac is more then a rapper....more then a poet....more then an actor......dude was a leader for his people. not just black....but for all races sharing that hopeless, struggling feeling. Also, lets be real.....pac had different personalities.....namely because of the media. Tell me at the age of 21-25 could you handle such scrutiny by the media and police? Dude had so many different emotions at different times. Youtube 2pac interviews and you would get hundreds of interviews from pac defending what ever topic they were accusing him of doing or talking about. Youtube big an you would get a handful. Big was not destroyed by the police and media the way pac was. I love that fact that pac can give you "hitem up" and on the flip side "keep ya head up" multi dimensional
pimp.gif
 I said enough and what I spoke is real.......also, my personal opinion

Now that I have spoken, Close the thread.........
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom