How the HELL do I beat an eBay dispute?

I got a buyer that I suspect of trying to over on me some shoes I listed. He said the shoes were defective when I sent them. They were brand new and he sent me a pic of some Spiz'ikes with a cracked $%* midsole. 

Isnt this like the 5th scammed thread this week? I'm forever turned off buying apparel from people now.

With "Ebay Buyer Protection" and Ebay being known for selling counterfeit sneakers...you're kinda stuck.

Sellers always get the shaft when it comes to ebay. I always try to sell my stuff somewhere else before resorting to ebay.

Originally Posted by CuteUglyhaha

With "Ebay Buyer Protection" and Ebay being known for selling counterfeit sneakers...you're kinda stuck.

The problem isn't the buyer claiming they're fake. They're claiming they weren't as described. Saying the whole midsole was defective. 

You HAVE to call them. eBay's fraud resolution is a joke. Whoever files the claim wins 99% of the time. They don't have their number listed on the website so the trick is to go to the Help section, find the register link, then it will give you an option call us along with an 800 numbers and pin number, you then can call and reference the case # and explain your situation to the customer service rep. I had a guy try to scam me on a $900 laptop, after he got it he filed a claim and won, money was reversed to him, and he wasn't going to send it back.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

try and get the shoes back

They took a pic. Those are my shoes b
30t6p3b.gif

Thats crazy, your feedback is great too.

I literally take 20 detailed pics of everything I sell so someone cant really try to pull one of these moves and say something was wrong with them.

Hopefully ebay/paypal sides with you on this.

Dude probably balled in them outdoors or something then filed the dispute saying their used, smh.

Some fool tried to do this to me and I ended up turning the tables on him. Try this method out, it's probably your best shot.

-message the buyer and tell him he can ship them back to your address.
-after he sends them, agree to return the money to upon receiving the item (in the claim)
-when it asks where you want the shoes to be sent to type in a random different address
-wait a couple of days until the tracking that he supplied (which won't match the address that you told eBay you wanted the item shipped to) says delivered
-call the claims department and tell them that the buyer provided a fake tracking number
-they will close the case for you and unlock the transaction in Paypal

You keep the money and the shoes. %%+# Scammers.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Some fool tried to do this to me and I ended up turning the tables on him. Try this method out, it's probably your best shot.

-message the buyer and tell him he can ship them back to your address.
-after he sends them, agree to return the money to upon receiving the item (in the claim)
-when it asks where you want the shoes to be sent to type in a random different address
-wait a couple of days until the tracking that he supplied (which won't match the address that you told eBay you wanted the item shipped to) says delivered
-call the claims department and tell them that the buyer provided a fake tracking number
-they will close the case for you and unlock the transaction in Paypal

You keep the money and the shoes. %%+# Scammers.

Bruh already escalated the claim and eBay made the case in his favor. Saying I have to issue a full refund. 
EDIT: eBay doesn't let you change that return address and automatically puts a hold on the PayPal money. 

so you he basically traded you for his beat pair? Id suggest to meet up in person. (if possible)

Originally Posted by xhxxkxxdx

so you he basically traded you for his beat pair? Id suggest to meet up in person. (if possible)

How can I do that? They're in Wisconsin. I'm at school in South Carolina...

Yeah I messaged them. I think it's a child who responded first and then tried to get his mother involved.

Back
Top Bottom