How the HELL do I beat an eBay dispute?

That's crazy...post the messages
nerd.gif

Honestly feels like it's IMPOSSIBLE as a seller. Especially on Amazon. Got frauded 3x, and now I refuse to sell on there. Good luck bro.

Originally Posted by Strictlyhainan

Don't you have pictures in your auction???

Yeah, but I don't have pics of the medial side.
30t6p3b.gif
Just my luck. I swear if they send me a beat $*# pair back 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by raptors29

30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif
would it matter if you did have pics of the medial side, even if they weren't posted up on the auction?

Originally Posted by melofan15

Originally Posted by raptors29

30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif
would it matter if you did have pics of the medial side, even if they weren't posted up on the auction?

You know eBay doesn't give a ++%!! I swear to God I shipped those shoes and they were brand new. 

damn OP that sucks, thats why ive been hesitant to sell online as of late. everyone out there is just looking to scam
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

If eBay has already ruled in his favor AND took the funds from you, like I said call them up because that means he has a finite time (7 days IIRC) to send them back to you and upload the tracking # to Paypal. If he drags his feet on that, call on that 7th day and they will reverse the reversal. Like everyone mentioned, eBay really sucks nowadays so you are going to have to be VERY proactive, might even have to call more than once. I don't know how much those are worth (Spizzikes?), but I wasn't about to let dude gank me over that $900 laptop and ended up having the decision reversed back into my favor. I only took a lot of L's though on eBay which is why I don't even mess with it as a seller anymore

Originally Posted by mkc1983

you're probably SOL at this point. What was the feedback of the buyer?

Like 282. Scammers come in all different disguises though. 

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

If eBay has already ruled in his favor AND took the funds from you, like I said call them up because that means he has a finite time (7 days IIRC) to send them back to you and upload the tracking # to Paypal. If he drags his feet on that, call on that 7th day and they will reverse the reversal. Like everyone mentioned, eBay really sucks nowadays so you are going to have to be VERY proactive, might even have to call more than once. I don't know how much those are worth (Spizzikes?), but I wasn't about to let dude gank me over that $900 laptop and ended up having the decision reversed back into my favor. I only took a lot of L's though on eBay which is why I don't even mess with it as a seller anymore
From where I'm at right now, do you have any tips on attempting to get it reversed?

damnit to hell, i was watching these for a minute too. i HATE your auctions only because you're not one of those "start at 9.99" cats and you know what you've got.

jerk.

good luck broski.

Like I said raptors, about 5 days after the dispute has been ruled in his favor. Go to ebay, help > register > call us so you can get a pin to call the 800 number. Explain the whole situation to them. They will look in the system and see if he uploaded the tracking $, if not automatic reversal back to you.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Like I said raptors, about 5 days after the dispute has been ruled in his favor. Go to ebay, help > register > call us so you can get a pin to call the 800 number. Explain the whole situation to them. They will look in the system and see if he uploaded the tracking $, if not automatic reversal back to you.

It's been 5 days.... I need help with this.

Honestly though, he probably wore them once or twice and that happened and he thought they were defective. The average person doesn't realize this is the fate of their Jordan's after a few wears. I'm not saying it's your fault op, but I somewhat see where the buyer would be coming from. If I didn't already know Jordan's with a 3 or 4 midsole crack after one wear, I would probably want my money back as well. This is one of those situations where neither of you are to blame. This is Jordan Brands fault.

Ugh that has to be veryyy frustrating. I would just tell the guy you'll give him a refund and try to get the shoes back.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Honestly though, he probably wore them once or twice and that happened and he thought they were defective. The average person doesn't realize this is the fate of their Jordan's after a few wears. I'm not saying it's your fault op, but I somewhat see where the buyer would be coming from. If I didn't already know Jordan's with a 3 or 4 midsole crack after one wear, I would probably want my money back as well. This is one of those situations where neither of you are to blame. This is Jordan Brands fault.

But any sensible person would know if your gonna return something return it in the same condition you got them in. Can't just wear the joints and cause they cracked expect a refund. Doesn't work that way.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

should have put "no returns or exchanges, everything sold 'as is'" in the listing.

That's useless nowadays and does nothing to protect the seller. Ebay will overrule whatever kind of return policy you have in your description if theirs a buyer dispute.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

should have put "no returns or exchanges, everything sold 'as is'" in the listing.

eBay system doesn't work like that. An "item not as described" case cancels out any no returns policy.

Jordan Brands fault? how?
A buyer is buying an OLD product. The buyer needs to be fully aware that the product they are buying is old and will not perform in the same way a new one would. Granted, this item is only a couple of years old but that's just how JB is...we still make the conscious decision to buy their products and then complain when they don't live up to our expectations. Take this to an extreme - if these shoes were 35 years old never worn and they crack after the first 3 wears, is that still JB's fault? You take a risk when you're buying from eBay because almost NO ONE accepts returns, and if they do, you're still getting screwed with shipping. You take a risk when you're selling on eBay because eBay almost ALWAYS sides with the buyer in situations like this. 

As everyone else is saying...sellers get the short end of the stick a lot of the time...there is no effective way for users to state their case. Anyone that could figure this out...they'd be the next zuckerberg...

OP - why not try to send the shoes back to Nike for a 'DEFECTIVE PRODUCT' refund? 

You can't be that gullible that amount cracking,creasing plus the amount dirt on the translucent soles comes from way more than one or two wears. 
Although I didn't follow Spizike releases I don't recall there being any cracking/quality issue threads....like with others III's IVs,VIIIs, XI's etc

JB retro quality isn't the same as new model JB kick btw.

i look at your guys' shoe cases all day for a living, lol. i do fraud on the buyer's side of paypal. i haven't trained on the merchant's side (yet). i'll be honest and say paypal/ebay will side more w/ the buyer. you have to list specifically in the auction the condition of the sneakers or the stuff you're selling. where you're really protected on the paypal end honestly just boils down to the shipping.

i'm not sure about our ebay counterparts because all i do when i see a buyer is being a victim of possible fraud is to forward it to ebay regarding the item. we are bound by rules too, even if we have personal feelings. so for those of you making comments, know that we do have a job to do and if on both ends the buyer or seller did what they were supposed to do (ship to the confirmed address, **PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE** provide the signed confirmation for packages over $250, etc, you as the seller have to protect yourself by stating EXACTLY the condition of the sneakers in the auction AND taking pix beforehand.) you'll be fine. 

sorry my dude that this happened to you. dumb question but did you also state no returns?

Back
Top Bottom