How the HELL do I beat an eBay dispute?

@Khadafi:

So what's your advice if we're a seller, and we sell DS shoes.  Buyer files a claim against us and says shoes were used.  How are we supposed to win that argument?  

Originally Posted by CDUNK

@Khadafi:

So what's your advice if we're a seller, and we sell DS shoes.  Buyer files a claim against us and says shoes were used.  How are we supposed to win that argument?  

None son! I just got off the phone with eBay a few hours ago. Dude even told me the majority of these cases go to the buyer no matter what. And that's from a dude eBay
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Some fool tried to do this to me and I ended up turning the tables on him. Try this method out, it's probably your best shot.

-message the buyer and tell him he can ship them back to your address.
-after he sends them, agree to return the money to upon receiving the item (in the claim)
-when it asks where you want the shoes to be sent to type in a random different address
-wait a couple of days until the tracking that he supplied (which won't match the address that you told eBay you wanted the item shipped to) says delivered
-call the claims department and tell them that the buyer provided a fake tracking number
-they will close the case for you and unlock the transaction in Paypal

You keep the money and the shoes. $@%# Scammers.

Ebay has the ability to look into your messages tho, if the buyer was smart, he would call ebay and tell them to check the old messages where they can read that you originally told him to ship it at your real address. Unless you delete the message I'm not sure if it stays on their servers.

@Khadafi:

None son! I just got off the phone with eBay a few hours ago. Dude even told me the majority of these cases go to the buyer no matter what. And that's from a dude eBay
30t6p3b.gif

Unfortunately, person above is correct.  eBay is focusing on not even E-COMMERCE anymore.  they are wanting COMMERCE.  that means the little people like you and me who sell crap here and the main focus even though that's where eBay started.  Example is PayPal is running a pilot right now w/ Home Depot in Palo Alto to where the terminal will do your debit, credit, and paypal. 

Another example is I have seen MANY Concords payments come thru and I'm looking at the auction and saying to myself that the buyer is buying fake sneakers.  If the payment is good, I have to let it go because there are no links to fraud.  Now if the buyer gets wind of it, he/she is protected by Buyer Protection.  Flip that onto the seller's side.  If it's determined you sold counterfeit material we will limit the seller and ask to prove where they get their shipments from.  My point is, the buyer is more protected than the seller whether the seller is legit or not.  I think it states 'item as not described' option in the buyer protection.  Just protect yourself and put "as-is" in the auction and take as many detailed pix as you can.  I recently sold some 2001 black cements and they showed their age but still wearable.  I put as-is in the auction so they know what they're getting.

Originally Posted by khadafi252

@Khadafi:

30t6p3b.gif

Unfortunately, person above is correct.  eBay is focusing on not even E-COMMERCE anymore.  they are wanting COMMERCE.  that means the little people like you and me who sell crap here and the main focus even though that's where eBay started.  Example is PayPal is running a pilot right now w/ Home Depot in Palo Alto to where the terminal will do your debit, credit, and paypal. 

Another example is I have seen MANY Concords payments come thru and I'm looking at the auction and saying to myself that the buyer is buying fake sneakers.  If the payment is good, I have to let it go because there are no links to fraud.  Now if the buyer gets wind of it, he/she is protected by Buyer Protection.  Flip that onto the seller's side.  If it's determined you sold counterfeit material we will limit the seller and ask to prove where they get their shipments from.  My point is, the buyer is more protected than the seller whether the seller is legit or not.  I think it states 'item as not described' option in the buyer protection.  Just protect yourself and put "as-is" in the auction and take as many detailed pix as you can.  I recently sold some 2001 black cements and they showed their age but still wearable.  I put as-is in the auction so they know what they're getting.

So even if the shoe is brand new you should put as is?  lol

Yes, as-is and mark that 'no returns accepted' box on the auction.
So do you just put "as is" in the description?  Or is there a check box?  I didn't see it anywhere.

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Yes, as-is and mark that 'no returns accepted' box on the auction.
So do you just put "as is" in the description?  Or is there a check box?  I didn't see it anywhere.
That doesn't work if a buyer files a dispute...

@Khadafi:

30t6p3b.gif

Let's say a buyer pays for and receives pair of legit shoes, but they claim the shoes are fake. How is ebay to know whether the buyer actually got a fake pair from the seller, and that the fake pair wasn't the buyers from the start?
Would the seller be forced to take back the fake pair AND refund the money?
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by melofan15

30t6p3b.gif

Let's say a buyer pays for and receives pair of legit shoes, but they claim the shoes are fake. How is ebay to know whether the buyer actually got a fake pair from the seller, and that the fake pair wasn't the buyers from the start?
Would the seller be forced to take back the fake pair AND refund the money?
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yessir! eBay policies are disgusting. That's why I urge people to avoid eBay at all costs. They protect the buyers to the fullest and leave the sellers naked. 

@Khadafi:

So okay, we know that it's skewed towards the buyers, but can you give us an instance where the seller was able to beat the buyer?  I know that buyers can't be right 100% of the time right?  I'm really interested in the methodology in how you guys figure out what's the truth.  Thanks in advance.

im 0-2 in ebay disputes

one happened more than 30 days later dude claimed he never received anything but never contacted me until 33 days later

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Honestly though, he probably wore them once or twice and that happened and he thought they were defective. The average person doesn't realize this is the fate of their Jordan's after a few wears. I'm not saying it's your fault op, but I somewhat see where the buyer would be coming from. If I didn't already know Jordan's with a 3 or 4 midsole crack after one wear, I would probably want my money back as well. This is one of those situations where neither of you are to blame. This is Jordan Brands fault.

You can't be that gullible that amount cracking,creasing plus the amount dirt on the translucent soles comes from way more than one or two wears. 
Although I didn't follow Spizike releases I don't recall there being any cracking/quality issue threads....like with others III's IVs,VIIIs, XI's etc

JB retro quality isn't the same as new model JB kick btw.

Spizikes have a Jordan 3 midsole and some of the worst paint known to man. If he wore those for a whole weekend, it's more than plausible that this happened. I also Don't see where you see all of this dirt on the soles and creasing. All I see are two pics of the midsole and creases on the corners of the patent leather where your foot bends.

OP, how long after you sold the shoes did he file the claim?

Today is a great day! The buyer sent back the shoes but didn't send eBay the tracking, so I got back the !%$$#% up shoes and my money!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom