.:*How To Make A Mixtape*:.(NT MC's Come In)Vol. 1..?

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]NT musicians i NEED your help,[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Ive been writing for a long time, got on some tracks with homies before, BUT.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]I want to make a mixtape of my own, Im not really trying to get "exposure" or "fame".[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Im just trying to make a few "legit sounding" tracks of my own, so NT...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]What is the best FREE recording program: ?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)](im currently using the reaper wich is easiest to use for a novice like me)[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]What is the best, cheapest MIC: ?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)](one of the homies has a $30 one which is cool, im just trying to get something simple with a stand possibly. and a place or site to get it at)[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]How do i set up my "recording room": ?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)](im gonna use my closet, what should i hang up to get a better sound?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]What effect to use on my voice: ?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)](when i used the reaper my voice sounds "flat" and like "echos)[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]I appreciate anyone who can answer one of my questions regarding recording, which i know NT has an abundance of knowledge of.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Thanks...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]NT musicians i NEED your help,[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Ive been writing for a long time, got on some tracks with homies before, BUT.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]I want to make a mixtape of my own, Im not really trying to get "exposure" or "fame".[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Im just trying to make a few "legit sounding" tracks of my own, so NT...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]What is the best FREE recording program: ?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)](im currently using the reaper wich is easiest to use for a novice like me)[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]What is the best, cheapest MIC: ?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)](one of the homies has a $30 one which is cool, im just trying to get something simple with a stand possibly. and a place or site to get it at)[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]How do i set up my "recording room": ?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)](im gonna use my closet, what should i hang up to get a better sound?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]What effect to use on my voice: ?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)](when i used the reaper my voice sounds "flat" and like "echos)[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]I appreciate anyone who can answer one of my questions regarding recording, which i know NT has an abundance of knowledge of.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Thanks...[/color]

Aight.....

I Use Reaper for recording.(all free) If you dont have someone to mix your tracks...try your best to work on mixing...get pluggins and tips from people(ihatetime)

I use an m audio Nova mic. It was 99 bucks at the time its pretty decent, I hoop that up to this 30 $ mic amp (mic needs phantom power)
which hooks up to my m audio fast track pro..and thats where I plug in my headphones(I think there audio techna joints Idk off topp...they were 70)
but 20 dollar sony's from bestbuy will do

the m audio fast track hooks up to my laptop via usb and thats How everything comes together...From there I just record/ export
and Oh my mic is on a 30 dollar mic stand I got from bestbuy.....

I record in an open area...(My living/dining room) but it works so whattever.....
For your voice you can use the effect 3bandeq (lol) and turn up the highs....I like the way it makes my voice sound
But reaacomp is what is suppose to make your voice sound crisp and all that.

For my echos when I pre mix I use Delay/delay at about 780(depending on how I want the echos to sound) with a delay rate of about 12(also depending)
and the echos mixed in at about 3 or 2(this all depends)

blah blah Hope I helped

If You have any other questions about stuff I just mentioned...ask

Aight.....

I Use Reaper for recording.(all free) If you dont have someone to mix your tracks...try your best to work on mixing...get pluggins and tips from people(ihatetime)

I use an m audio Nova mic. It was 99 bucks at the time its pretty decent, I hoop that up to this 30 $ mic amp (mic needs phantom power)
which hooks up to my m audio fast track pro..and thats where I plug in my headphones(I think there audio techna joints Idk off topp...they were 70)
but 20 dollar sony's from bestbuy will do

the m audio fast track hooks up to my laptop via usb and thats How everything comes together...From there I just record/ export
and Oh my mic is on a 30 dollar mic stand I got from bestbuy.....

I record in an open area...(My living/dining room) but it works so whattever.....
For your voice you can use the effect 3bandeq (lol) and turn up the highs....I like the way it makes my voice sound
But reaacomp is what is suppose to make your voice sound crisp and all that.

For my echos when I pre mix I use Delay/delay at about 780(depending on how I want the echos to sound) with a delay rate of about 12(also depending)
and the echos mixed in at about 3 or 2(this all depends)

blah blah Hope I helped

If You have any other questions about stuff I just mentioned...ask

Thanks Fam!

you helped me out, even though i dont really understand what a "mic amp" is or what "fast track" is/used for.

Thanks again.

Thanks Fam!

you helped me out, even though i dont really understand what a "mic amp" is or what "fast track" is/used for.

Thanks again.

the mic amp is just the power for the mic... its built into most recording interfaces... the fast track doesnt have it built in so he uses an external one...

the mic plugs into the interface and the interface plugs into ur comp thru usb or firewire...

the mic amp is just the power for the mic... its built into most recording interfaces... the fast track doesnt have it built in so he uses an external one...

the mic plugs into the interface and the interface plugs into ur comp thru usb or firewire...

Back
Top Bottom