How would you change the Gun Laws?

Would you allow the Public Guns

• Yes The Public Gets Guns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but only certain individuals in the public gets guns (state who these people are)

• Only Current Government Workers

• Total voters
roll.gif

I quit.
laugh.gif
welp the proof is in the pudding

Anyone can get a gun. Too deep on to ban them now. Anyone can be strapped n you gotta protect yourself.

-Mental evaluation required

-No serious criminal charges in the past 2 years(robbing,assault,)

-Higher MSRP of firearms or higher taxing of firearms

-Liability for damages if family member uses it to harm

-No alcholism

Plenty of people shoot deer with AR15's. They're accurate, lightweight, modular and reliable.
You know what else is a combat rifle this.

It's also more accurate and fires a bigger round too. But they don't look scary so no one wants to ban them.
This also used to be a combat rifle.

Once again very accurate and fires a bigger round. It's also a semi auto too. Once again no one wants to ban these.
I have a bushmaster AR-15 it is used for sporting, but in recent mass shootings most suspects were using high power rifles with large ammo capacity. Yes a scoped 308 on a leupold scope is an accurate and deadly firearm in the hands of a trained shooter. Yet you cannot inflict the type of damage at close to medium range that you can with a high capacity AR, AK, or other make high powered rifle carrying a 30 round clip vs a 5-6 round clip. The mass shooters have mostly been untrained but using high ammo capacity high powered weapons and or high capacity semi automatic pistols.

The solution is to go back to the brady gun bill, which the US gun owners survived from 94-2004. Because the law was not retroactive any weapons made before the ban could still be legally traded and obtained by law abiding citizens. quote" During the period when the AWB was in effect, it was illegal to manufacture any firearm that met the law's flowchart of an assault weapon  or large capacity ammunition feeding device, except for export or for sale to a government or law enforcement agency. The law also banned possession of illegally imported or manufactured firearms, but did not ban possession or sale of pre-existing 'assault weapons' or previously factory standard magazines that were legally redefined as large capacity ammunition feeding devices. This provision for pre-ban firearms created a higher price point in the market for such items, which still exist due to several states adopting their own assault weapons ban."    

From reading this, I can tell a lot of you don't know the process of legally owning a firearm. The mental illness factor has already be implemented in the background search to purchase a firearm or even to obtain a license to carry. If you have a felony, that's it, no legal firearm for you period.

There is no surefire way to really amend gun laws. You ban them then the only ppl who would generally have them would be the ppl who you didn't want having them in the first place. Before DC changed their gun laws by reversing the ban, there was an article where a woman's home was broken into and she was terrified, officer told her to get a gun, though he knew it was illegal.

You can't stop stupid ppl from doing stupid things. I'm sure ElderWatson, Storm, and the others regulars from the the Gun Thread would agree. We're all responsible gun owners, we don't go out shootin ppl bc we have guns and we can.

We increase the price of ammo, who will be able to afford it forreal? The affluent, government, drug dealers who have the excess cash.

But you can buy a gun at a gun show without a background check. That is the big loop hole that people are missing.

Also I am sick of people talking about the constitution said we have the right....its the second amendment....ok then everyone in the US gets a flintlock musket.....front loader....just like they had in 1787 when the constitution was written. Thats fine by me.

Just start to ban these military grade fire arms. No one needs them. IDC if you can kill deer better with them. Learn to use a cross-bow better or something.

Not to mention no matter what you do over half the US just doesn't' want to own a gun. Everyone should be armed....uh no thanks. My chances of dying by a gun shot increase dramatically if i have a gun in my house vs not having one. Not to mention the constant paranoia of just knowing its in my house.

But like people said...crazy people will be crazy no matter what. Ban guns don't ban guns...the problem is deeper then that. But even if you loosen the gun laws to allow everyone to have access to them....not that many people are honestly going to adapt.

Last edited:
Gun laws needs to be stricter. I know here in Alabama it's crazy easy to go get a gun, and apparently even easier to get an automatic rifle in GA.
I have friends who go to gun shows in Georgia and come back with AKs

I don't think there's any reason why a civilian should own one of those.

The Right to Bear Arms is outdate, lawmakers need to do something to to get things up to speed with today.  Cant be having people carrying around guns in public.  This ain't the wild wild west anymore.

From reading this, I can tell a lot of you don't know the process of legally owning a firearm. The mental illness factor has already be implemented in the background search to purchase a firearm or even to obtain a license to carry. If you have a felony, that's it, no legal firearm for you period.

There is no surefire way to really amend gun laws. You ban them then the only ppl who would generally have them would be the ppl who you didn't want having them in the first place. Before DC changed their gun laws by reversing the ban, there was an article where a woman's home was broken into and she was terrified, officer told her to get a gun, though he knew it was illegal.

You can't stop stupid ppl from doing stupid things. I'm sure ElderWatson, Storm, and the others regulars from the the Gun Thread would agree. We're all responsible gun owners, we don't go out shootin ppl bc we have guns and we can.

We increase the price of ammo, who will be able to afford it forreal? The affluent, government, drug dealers who have the excess cash.

You appear to have some critical thinking skills. If an officer tells a woman to buy a gun knowing it is illegal, what does that say about our current gun controls? Not gun law, gun control. Gun laws are only a part of gun control, control includes the entire process of obtaining and possessing guns.

You appear to have some critical thinking skills. If an officer tells a woman to buy a gun knowing it is illegal, what does that say about our current gun controls? Not gun law, gun control. Gun laws are only a part of gun control, control includes the entire process of obtaining and possessing guns.

This is true, but again, the amount of guns on the street that are not obtained legally is too ample to effectively have gun control. The process for obtaining and possessing guns LEGALLY is not the issue, it's obtaining and possessing them ILLEGALLY that's the problem. I purchased my handgun for close to $600, I am in no way willing to just commit foolish acts of violence bc I have a gun nor am I into activities that would require me to commit such acts

But you can buy a gun at a gun show without a background check. That is the big loop hole that people are missing. .

Since when? Even gun shows get on the horn to run background checks. My homie purchased a gun from a gunshow and it took about an hour for the background check to comeback w/ the line and what not.

da assault weapons ban was in effect when da columbine tragedy happen.

that doesn't work.

mental evaluation sounds like something that needs to be addressed.

But you can buy a gun at a gun show without a background check. That is the big loop hole that people are missing. .

Since when? Even gun shows get on the horn to run background checks. My homie purchased a gun from a gunshow and it took about an hour for the background check to comeback w/ the line and what not.

It is a state law. Varies by state

Single shot muskets were used in the bloodiest battles of the Civil Wars.

German and Russian troops fought in all along the eastern front with what basically amounted to hunting rifles. 

Your "combat weapons" point makes no real sense.
Horrible argument. Do you know how much warfare has changed since the CIVIL WAR? People didn't just die because of gunshot wounds, they died because they had to amputate limbs in basically all instances.

I don't see why you dudes are so resistant to more stringent gun laws. If you can prove that you're responsible enough to own a gun (classes, tests, etc), then I don't have a problem with owning one. If you're so upset about this then you probably shouldn't be owning a gun. I saw some dude in the other thread post something like, "Just copped an Uzi. FL gun laws FTW.) I don't want you to have a gun. Especially not one like an Uzi, where it's more likely you're gonna hit some kid than your target.

Just because it may or may not be written in the Second Amendment doesn't make it some inalienable right. Sorry. Thing's have changed since the 1700s and so should laws.

Single shot muskets were used in the bloodiest battles of the Civil Wars.

German and Russian troops fought in all along the eastern front with what basically amounted to hunting rifles. 

Your "combat weapons" point makes no real sense.
Horrible argument. Do you know how much warfare has changed since the CIVIL WAR? People didn't just die because of gunshot wounds, they died because they had to amputate limbs in basically all instances.

I don't see why you dudes are so resistant to more stringent gun laws. If you can prove that you're responsible enough to own a gun (classes, tests, etc), then I don't have a problem with owning one. If you're so upset about this then you probably shouldn't be owning a gun. I saw some dude in the other thread post something like, "Just copped an Uzi. FL gun laws FTW.) I don't want you to have a gun. Especially not one like an Uzi, where it's more likely you're gonna hit some kid than your target.

Just because it may or may not be written in the Second Amendment doesn't make it some inalienable right. Sorry. Thing's have changed since the 1700s and so should laws.
its not though, and you da right to bear arms got as much clout as freedom of expression and freedom of religion.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state..."

I love how people just forget about the first part and skip straight to the end. Can you tell me how well this "militia" is being regulated?

Simply asking for a ban on weapons wouldn't work. Obesity is a huge problem and heart disease kill people in this country waaayyyy more than guns do, but you don't hear us asking for a ban on forks and knives to stop people from eating.

Simply asking for a ban on weapons wouldn't work. Obesity is a huge problem and heart disease kill people in this country waaayyyy more than guns do, but you don't hear us asking for a ban on forks and knives to stop people from eating.
You get the stupidest analogy of the year with that reply.

Back
Top Bottom