How Would YOU Feel If Your Wife Didnt Take Your Last Name And.....

dejected? insalted? furious?

idk how id feel..id prob ask why not? imo hyphenated names are weak

discuss.

Hyphenated names are super weak.
laugh.gif

To be honest, I really dont know how I'd feel. Probably the same way she would feel about the prenuptial agreement.

in my culture the wives keep their last name, but since we are both living in the US I've thought about having her change it...just seems like a pain to change all our paperwork

no offense to anyone but hyphenated names are emasculating especially when passed off to the child

my boss is doing this...

she kept her last name, and her dude has a huge problem with it...

but he's an ex con... and 5'7...

she manages a sporting goods store and is 5'10...

*lil b voice* mmmnnneeeah..

Originally Posted by IronChef

in my culture the wives keep their last name, but since we are both living in the US I've thought about having her change it...just seems like a pain to change all our paperwork

no offense to anyone but hyphenated names are emasculating especially when passed off to the child

please explain why they are emasculating. i have a hyphenated last name

Originally Posted by sbib1130

Originally Posted by IronChef

please explain why they are emasculating. i have a hyphenated last name
No offense, normally in this culture the man gives his name to his entire family, of course there can be exceptions, I personally don't know any hyphenated last name people (except Maurice Jones-Drew) so it could be a lack of understanding...

If I ever did get married and she did that I'm not sure how I'd feel but I know all the children would have my last name.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

laugh.gif

To be honest, I really dont know how I'd feel. Probably the same way she would feel about the prenuptial agreement.

good answer

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

laugh.gif

THIS!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Wedding would be called off.

Basically. A woman should take pride in taking her husbands name, and if she doesn't there's a problem with that.

I understand if you're famous or your name is famous and you do the hyphenated thing, otherwise if you don't take his name, you are a sack of crap of a human.

If she is an established professional and keeps her maiden name for work it's understandable. Other than that my personal opinion is that she isn't confident in the relationship or not wholeheartedly into it so why go to the trouble of changing her name if it may not last.

Don't plan on marriage, but wouldn't mind either way. My mom was a professional when she got married and kept her last name because that's how clients knew her as. I've also heard from female friends that's it's a b and a half trying to get bank accounts, insurance, etc changed.

Back
Top Bottom