How you like dem AAPL's?

Where does everyone see aapl's price come this time next year... BTW this thread should be in the stock market and
economy thread :tongue:

i believe innovation in the mobile market has peaked. There will be improvements to current benchmarks, i,e things will get faster, lighter, etc.....but I don't see a game changing innovation in the near term (next 5 years.) 

AAPL thrives off innovation, as there is not much room for that right now, AAPL has hit a ceiling. It has nothing to do with Steve Jobs, it's a real capacity that we are stuck in until semiconductors can support the next change.

Meanwhile, competitors, have caught up and now it's refinement on the little things. The disparities between competitors is shrinking. 
I agree.

The innovation surrounding mobile is not in hardware but in software. There are sooooo many everyday things that will move to mobile in the coming future.We're already seeing things slowly trickle out ( (some)payments, DVR control, controlling lighting/camera/hvac systems in homes, etc.) but the real flood hasn't come yet.

Once that transformation comes though there will be a lot of opportunity for integration and I don't think that anybody (at this time or in the near future) can do it better than AAPL.

Last edited:
You don't make any sense. You have to take it on a company by company basis.

Of course AAPL won't own forever. On the other hand, can they consistently turn out growth and earnings? The data and facts suggest that they can. Who's their biggest competition? Samsung. And then who else? So do you believe that Samsung will reign supreme?

This mantra of "especially in the tech sector" is too big a generalization.  MSFT, GOOG, CSCO, ORCL, IBM, etc. where someone who bought into them for the long term (as in held for 20+ years) has made good money.

Yes, there are the HP's and DELL's and RIMM's  and NOK's but that doesn't mean that there aren't exceptional companies in every sector that produce decade after decade or companies which at times are undervalued so much by the market that they make a great long term bet at certain prices ( e.g.: F @ under $5).

I wouldn't advise someone to invest all of their capital in bets like this but personally I invest a third of my money in companies which I believe to be great long term bets. Are all of them going to succeed? No. But if only 2 or 3 out of 10 do then I come out on top anyway. I just give myself greater odds by trying to picking better plays.
:lol: @ comparing government / business / info systems based software companies to a consumer based electronic company based on marketing...

That argument is flawed bro.

You don't make any sense. You have to take it on a company by company basis.

Of course AAPL won't own forever. On the other hand, can they consistently turn out growth and earnings? The data and facts suggest that they can. Who's their biggest competition? Samsung. And then who else? So do you believe that Samsung will reign supreme?

This mantra of "especially in the tech sector" is too big a generalization.  MSFT, GOOG, CSCO, ORCL, IBM, etc. where someone who bought into them for the long term (as in held for 20+ years) has made good money.

Yes, there are the HP's and DELL's and RIMM's  and NOK's but that doesn't mean that there aren't exceptional companies in every sector that produce decade after decade or companies which at times are undervalued so much by the market that they make a great long term bet at certain prices ( e.g.: F @ under $5).

I wouldn't advise someone to invest all of their capital in bets like this but personally I invest a third of my money in companies which I believe to be great long term bets. Are all of them going to succeed? No. But if only 2 or 3 out of 10 do then I come out on top anyway. I just give myself greater odds by trying to picking better plays.
laugh.gif
@ comparing government / business / info systems based software companies to a consumer based electronic company based on marketing...

That argument is flawed bro.
It's not flawed because leaders in various sectors all have things in common.

Whether it's Coca Cola, Exxon, Apple, Cisco, etc. A long term leader is a long term leader and if you get in early enough or at a good enough price, you will be rewarded over the long term. 

I don't care whether they sell soft drinks to fatties, consumer electronics to the masses, or software to other businesses.

They can sell **** to flies for all I care.
laugh.gif

We are still seeing the infancy of Apple as a leader. Like I said before, there is no reason that Apple could and should only sell a handful of goods.

Jobs may gave been uber focused on doing a few things perfect (and that may have been as a result of him realizing the constraints of the company and trying to utilize them as efficiently as possible and/or it may have just been his personality) but Apple is no longer the Apple of pre 2007. It is a behemoth with a lot of cash, a large consumer base, and a leader in design.

There is a reason Apple is spending so much on CAPEX vis-a-vis vertical integration. A vertically integrated company has far fewer design +supply limitations and can therefore experiment and innovate at a much faster pace.

The entire maps episode was actually a good sign. It showed Apple was willing to take risks and not wait until things are "perfect".

Sometimes perfect comes too late and in hindsight maps was probably too large and complex a project to try to take risks in this fashion. However, at least Apple has started to show that maybe things are changing internally on this view.

You have to realize that Apple got so big, so fast that supply constraints were its no. 1 problem. Why do you think Cook became CEO? If in reality Cook was the real brains behind the supply chain then  he was arguably just as important as Jobs into making Apple what it is today.

First and foremost Apple is a design (and to a lesser extent technology) company. It is a design company in the consumer electronics space but a design company nonetheless. Samsung started gaining traction in the consumer electronics space as soon as it turned its attention to design. Consumer electronics inherently become commoditized fairly quickly. On the other hand, design cannot be commoditized except for outright copying.

Last edited:
If AMZN reports good this upcoming week, I expect a lot of AAPL money to move to AMZN.
It has already moved. NFLX and AMZN.

Hedgies chasing momo stocks. Buffett was right. They can't beat index funds and now investors are starting to realize it more and more.

Add in the fact that the SEC is cracking down on insider trading (the campaign against the king of hedgies, SAC) and hedge fund managers have to prove their worth somehow.

Last edited:
Apple done pissed off those Koreans :rofl:

They're just a hardware manufacturer. Call me when they get a actual ecosystem, you know something that competes with the likes of the App Store or iTunes...oh wait.

You mad? Anyway where did I imply that Samsung is going to dethrone them just yet? Apple fan boys are worse than Pacquiao fans, they swear their leader is invincible until...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom