How your race affects dating

Took this from the how to pick up black girls thread. Interesting but not surprising. For someone who is multi-racial, I guess I'm other :lol:

View media item 353455

The numbers on the perimeter of the table are the 
weighted average rates

for each column/row. Here’s what we can know:

• Black women write back the most. Whether it’s due to talkativeness, loneliness, or a sense of plain decency, black women are by far the most likely to respond to a first contact attempt. In many cases, their response rate is one and a half times the average, and, overall, black women reply about a quarter more often that other women.
  • White men get more responses. Whatever it is, white males just get more replies from almost every group. We were careful to preselect our data pool so that physical attractiveness (as measured by our site picture-rating utility) was roughly even across all the race/gender slices. For guys, we did likewise with height.
  • White women prefer white men to the exclusion of everyone else—and Asian and Hispanic women prefer them even more exclusively. These three types of women only respond well to white men. More significantly, these groups’ reply rates tonon-whites is terrible. Asian women write back non-white males at21.9%, Hispanic women at 22.9%, and white women at 23.0%. It’s here where things get interesting, for white women in particular. If you look at the match-by-race table before this one, the “should-look-like” one, you see that white women have an above-average compatibility with almost every group. Yet they only reply well to guys who look like them. There’s more data on this towards the end of the post.
Let’s see what happens when it’s the women writing the messages to men.

View media item 353457

• Men don’t write black women back. Or rather, they write them back far less often than they should. Black women reply the most, yet get by far the fewest replies. Essentially every race—including other blacks—singles them out for the cold shoulder.
  • White guys respond less overall. The average reply rate of non-white males is 48.1%, while white guys’ is only 40.5%. Basically, they write back about 20% less often. It’s ironic that white guys are worst responders, because as we saw above they in turn get the most replies. That has apparently made them very self-absorbed.
. . .

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your-race-affects-whether-people-write-you-back/

I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread: black women can't win even with their own men, also wondering how the numbers would change if they split the light and dark skin black women up. 

My real thoughts on this are that this is in large part the reason that a lot of folks with color hate themselves. Love, dating, etc. are, these days, a thing where a lot of men are attracted to all types of women as long as they're attractive. Now this depends on the area, where some are more diverse than others, but I think these days women are a lot more likely to reject based on race than men. And the most desired women reject men of color, we don't need stats to know that.

tldr; lot of self hate comes from the current state of dating and preference/attraction

I'm also curious to as to how this fairs in with the study that said black men are more attractive then other races of men (according to women)? 

I'm pretty sure being dark skin is the LEAST of her worries 
laugh.gif

i can understand what she is saying because tons of people will lower their standards just for false belief of happiness. What the divorce rate anyway?

Also, check out the comments in that article. Very telling. Some of the women admit they prefer white men because of things like being a good father, responsible, etc. Folks, it's 2013 and stereotypes are as strong as ever.

Tanya says:
Has anyone considered the question of how closely race aligns with culture, and how that affects these sorts of statistics? Personally, I haven’t dated a lot of African American or Hispanic men, but it’s not because of their race — it’s because I simply haven’t found I have much in common with them. I’m white, upper middle class, working in technology, and I do musical theater for fun. That means I’m much more likely to date Asian, Indian, and Caucasian men because I’m much more likely to connect with them and feel we have things in common.

:lol: :smh:

Cannot say that I am surprised.

Not at all.

Wow, this chick is clueless.  Her perception is horribly skewed.

Last edited:
I feel like these numbers aren't completely accurate. I feel like people online are looking for a long term type of relationship and someone to go home and show to your parents. And we all know how racist adults from their 50-70's are. So therefor these people are scared to show a black guy to their dad instead of a white person.
If this was at a bar with younger people not looking for a marriage the numbers would be way different. Just my opinion

I feel like these numbers aren't completely accurate. I feel like people online are looking for a long term type of relationship and someone to go home and show to your parents. And we all know how racist adults from their 50-70's are. So therefor these people are scared to show a black guy to their dad instead of a white person.
If this was at a bar with younger people not looking for a marriage the numbers would be way different. Just my opinion
Yeah, i was thinking the same.

While I agree with this post, I don't see how that is any better. It basically sounds like (not trying to put words in your mouth, just how I interpret it) non blacks would have sex with blacks but not commit. 

[QUOTE url="/t/532319/how-your-race-affects-dating#post_17627125"]

While I agree with this post, I don't see how that is any better. It basically sounds like (not trying to put words in your mouth, just how I interpret it) non blacks would have sex with blacks but not commit. 
[/quote]

No basically saying non blacks are afraid to bring home a black person to show mom and dad. I feel if they weren't scared of how their parents think, they would be more willing to have a long term relationship with black people

Took this from the how to pick up black girls thread. Interesting but not surprising. For someone who is multi-racial, I guess I'm other :lol:

View media item 353455

The numbers on the perimeter of the table are the 
weighted average rates

for each column/row. Here’s what we can know:

• Black women write back the most. Whether it’s due to talkativeness, loneliness, or a sense of plain decency, black women are by far the most likely to respond to a first contact attempt. In many cases, their response rate is one and a half times the average, and, overall, black women reply about a quarter more often that other women.
  • White men get more responses. Whatever it is, white males just get more replies from almost every group. We were careful to preselect our data pool so that physical attractiveness (as measured by our site picture-rating utility) was roughly even across all the race/gender slices. For guys, we did likewise with height.
  • White women prefer white men to the exclusion of everyone else—and Asian and Hispanic women prefer them even more exclusively. These three types of women only respond well to white men. More significantly, these groups’ reply rates tonon-whites is terrible. Asian women write back non-white males at21.9%, Hispanic women at 22.9%, and white women at 23.0%. It’s here where things get interesting, for white women in particular. If you look at the match-by-race table before this one, the “should-look-like” one, you see that white women have an above-average compatibility with almost every group. Yet they only reply well to guys who look like them. There’s more data on this towards the end of the post.
Let’s see what happens when it’s the women writing the messages to men.

View media item 353457

• Men don’t write black women back. Or rather, they write them back far less often than they should. Black women reply the most, yet get by far the fewest replies. Essentially every race—including other blacks—singles them out for the cold shoulder.
  • White guys respond less overall. The average reply rate of non-white males is 48.1%, while white guys’ is only 40.5%. Basically, they write back about 20% less often. It’s ironic that white guys are worst responders, because as we saw above they in turn get the most replies. That has apparently made them very self-absorbed.
. . .

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your-race-affects-whether-people-write-you-back/

Supply & Demand aka Economics as usual

People getting the most responses in turn being the ones who reply the least. Looks like the markets reward the non-thirsty. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom