How your race affects dating

It's hilarious how now that there's some hard data in here all the "I wish I was a minority so I could complain all the time" and the "they just need to have a chip on their shoulder" douchebags are conveniently absent :lol:. Good post though, and an interesting discussion, I'm always interested to see some real dialogue on race relations.

Took this from the how to pick up black girls thread. Interesting but not surprising. For someone who is multi-racial, I guess I'm other :lol:

View media item 353455

The numbers on the perimeter of the table are the 
weighted average rates

for each column/row. Here’s what we can know:

• Black women write back the most. Whether it’s due to talkativeness, loneliness, or a sense of plain decency, black women are by far the most likely to respond to a first contact attempt. In many cases, their response rate is one and a half times the average, and, overall, black women reply about a quarter more often that other women.
  • White men get more responses. Whatever it is, white males just get more replies from almost every group. We were careful to preselect our data pool so that physical attractiveness (as measured by our site picture-rating utility) was roughly even across all the race/gender slices. For guys, we did likewise with height.
  • White women prefer white men to the exclusion of everyone else—and Asian and Hispanic women prefer them even more exclusively. These three types of women only respond well to white men. More significantly, these groups’ reply rates tonon-whites is terrible. Asian women write back non-white males at21.9%, Hispanic women at 22.9%, and white women at 23.0%. It’s here where things get interesting, for white women in particular. If you look at the match-by-race table before this one, the “should-look-like” one, you see that white women have an above-average compatibility with almost every group. Yet they only reply well to guys who look like them. There’s more data on this towards the end of the post.
Let’s see what happens when it’s the women writing the messages to men.

View media item 353457

• Men don’t write black women back. Or rather, they write them back far less often than they should. Black women reply the most, yet get by far the fewest replies. Essentially every race—including other blacks—singles them out for the cold shoulder.
  • White guys respond less overall. The average reply rate of non-white males is 48.1%, while white guys’ is only 40.5%. Basically, they write back about 20% less often. It’s ironic that white guys are worst responders, because as we saw above they in turn get the most replies. That has apparently made them very self-absorbed.
. . .

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your-race-affects-whether-people-write-you-back/

In regards to this, it is what it is man. It's definitely annoying that it's harder as a person of color, especially when you feel like you got more going for you than the average *blank* dude that's getting play, but if you take one thing out of it, just realize that it's a numbers game. For example, "other" females respond to white males at 33%, or 1 out of every 3 responds, whereas they respond to black males 24% of the time, or 1 out of 4 times. So basically all you gotta do is get at 4 mixed chicks instead of three and you're gold. Sometimes dating is just a numbers game at the end of the day, especially if you're a minority dating outside of your race. Deal with it and keep it moving.

I never understand why these girls explicitly state they don't like so and so race in their profiles. seems so tacky to me or the black girls who prefer white guys like the white guys actually like them back

They could easily just ignore the race they are not attracted to, but to state that they don't want ________ race is done implicitly to disrespect that race.

I wish I could say I don't like fat girls but then other girls would think I'm an ***.

I have no problem with the girls who say blank race only but no need to negatively single out one group

I need pictures of who these people they are getting the info look like. If anything its kinda sad blacks get no play like this but what about conversation quality, social class, traits and more. There is alot to this data that leaves to be desired.

i dont really have nothing to contribute. everybody has their preferences.............

ive never had a problem with females, ive had black, white, latin (the most), mixed, philipino (does that count for asian?)

i consider myself above average looks and body wise though. so maybe that helps (no cocky)

They just wanna smash

:lol: That is very true, actually.

i dont really have nothing to contribute. everybody has their preferences.............

ive never had a problem with females, ive had black, white, latin (the most), mixed, philipino (does that count for asian?)

i consider myself above average looks and body wise though. so maybe that helps (no cocky)

:lol:

Depends on where you live probably. I'm not sure if you're listing who you've smashed or dated. Big difference.

:lol: That is very true, actually.
:lol:

Depends on where you live probably. I'm not sure if you're listing who you've smashed or dated. Big difference.

does it make a diff if all the females i smash i have to have a connection with?

i never really just smashed............not my thing. get to know em first, actual title of dating or bf and gf thats diff though.

Last edited:
They could easily just ignore the race they are not attracted to, but to state that they don't want ________ race is done implicitly to disrespect that race.

For sure.

Or its done to save people time and effort..... if they leave it off, and you take the time to send a nice email or something- only to find out she wont even give you a chance- it would be even worse. Everybodys entitled to their own preference. Everybody has their own, plenty of black men on this site say they wont date white women, or Asian women (or even black women). But its wrong when white people do it..... because? Affirmative action doesn't apply to dating
You sound stupid but you from post I see also try to be a contrarian esp regarding race. Its not just white people that do this but I guess in your trying to be mr smarty pants didn't know that and the point is people that do it its just stupid. Just like IRL if you don't like someone of a different race and they tried to talk to you you would just decline their advances its not that hard. Online you just don't answer the message point is gotten except for the few dummies out there so again wth are you talking about cause nobody would know for certain if a person didn't want to talk to them cause of their race, attractiveness, etc, unless they asked the person and they told them. Otherwise they would just be assuming so again if you are going to go caping at least make it worthwhile cause on this topic your looking dumb.

^ sarcastically refers to me as "smarty pants" and calls me stupid - yet cant type a coherent sentence.

I aint the one ******* on a message board cuz I cant get a date though. For real, if you think its that big of an issue, go out and get what you want- aint doing no good complaining on here
I typed enough of one that compelled you to reply "smarty pants" so it wasn't that bad. I'm not on here complaining either (and just talking about whats going on isn't complaining either but being as though your so smart you knew that already) so I don't see what your saying I responded to something I disagreed with nothing more nothing less. I guess the truth really hurts though.

I didn't claim to be smart though, thanks for compliment. You aint rustling no jimmies over here Mr Weezy. I don't derive my thoughts and feelings from a message board, I'm here to keep it real and to laugh- and since theres nothing to laugh about in here- well... you get it
I agree I'm here to keep it real also so you should have no problem about what I said about your Skip Bayless routine. I see it for what it is and called it out and just cause you don't say something doesn't mean you don't believe it or want people to see you that way. I don't want or try to ruslte no jimmies like you I'm speaking how I feel either you like it or you don't and I'm ok with however that turns out. Your welcome for the compliment that I wasn't giving but if I can bring happiness to somebody ok I'm totally with it.

im asian, filipino to be specific. In my 25 years, I have amassed this data:

- asian girls, indian girls and (most) latina girls love me the most
- black girls also for some weird reason as well
- latina girls from south america all love me, as well as dominican girls. puerto rican girls Hate me for some unexplainable reason! (and they're my favorite) |I
- some white girls like me, sadly usually the ones that I am not attracted to.

just contributing the thread. if anyone can give me similar results and reasons why, i would very much appreciate it.

- latina girls from south america all love me, as well as dominican girls. puerto rican girls Hate me for some unexplainable reason! (and they're my favorite)
tired.gif

just contributing the thread. if anyone can give me similar results and reasons why, i would very much appreciate it.
Where do you live?

- latina girls from south america all love me, as well as dominican girls. puerto rican girls Hate me for some unexplainable reason! (and they're my favorite)
tired.gif

I'm Half Filipino

Most asian girls and most latina girls I concur with

Black girls when I shave my head with a 0

White girls I haven't been able to figure out a pattern or anything yet. Some of them feelin' me, some not so much

Filipino girls are the ones who love me.

Light skin black dude. Age 28.

Early on I was getting the most love from black chicks and mixed black chicks. Still get some love but now the most is from Latinas.

From most to least
Latinas
Half Black
Black
Indians
Whites
Asians

This is strictly in terms of girls who express interest in me first

I live in NY... Maybe statistics change depending on region? I would be interested in what an Cali version of me would be pulling..

Back
Top Bottom