Howard University is a %%*#*#* joke. vol. I'm transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

i r andre

Banned
I really don't know what the +@+# I was thinking coming to a HBCU with all the options I had for colleges. If you're thinking of coming to Howard orany HBCU in general and you're smart just don't do it to yourself. They're gonna throw money at you and make you think its some great school andyou're going to be amongst scholars and continuing some bull *#@% legacy they think exists in their mind when in reality its just an average school whereevery one just happens to be black and moderately intelligent(and thats being generous).It's nothing like you think it will be or how they describe it. Iknew something was seriously wrong with this school when i transferred and they lost my transcript causing me to be 2 1/2 weeks behind in all myclasses.

Everything about this school screams sub-par to the $!#%%% dorms to professors that regularly don't show up for class yet expect you to be responsible formaterial they didn't teach. The campus is directly in the middle of the hood and an open campus so $!%$$# get robbed on the yard pretty much on theregular. on top of all the problems in this school they are increasing the tuition too!
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

I could go on and on but I won't fact is HBCU's are pointless in this day and age it defeats the purpose of college. You go to school tomeet all different kinds of people- its a very monotonous atmosphere. If you're a smart black person I suggest you don't waste your time and your moneylike I did. I'm getting these A's and getting TFO. Chicks are bad tho

and before any one asks yes I am mad, by the time I leave ill have wasted 8 months of my life and thousands of dollars. Don't do it to yourselves my smartblack ppl. Not worth the headache.

cliff notes:
-Howard sucks.

/rant

Originally Posted by I R Andre

I really don't know what the +@+# I was thinking coming to a HBCU with all the options I had for colleges. If you're thinking of coming to Howard or any HBCU in general and you're smart just don't do it to yourself. They're gonna throw money at you and make you think its some great school and you're going to be amongst scholars and continuing some bull *#@% legacy they think exists in their mind when in reality its just an average school where every one just happens to be black and moderately intelligent(and thats being generous).It's nothing like you think it will be or how they describe it. I knew something was seriously wrong with this school when i transferred and they lost my transcript causing me to be 2 1/2 weeks behind in all my classes.

Everything about this school screams sub-par to the $!#%%% dorms to professors that regularly don't show up for class yet expect you to be responsible for material they didn't teach. The campus is directly in the middle of the hood and an open campus so $!%$$# get robbed on the yard pretty much on the regular. on top of all the problems in this school they are increasing the tuition too!
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

I could go on and on but I won't fact is HBCU's are pointless in this day and age it defeats the purpose of college. You go to school to meet all different kinds of people- its a very monotonous atmosphere. If you're a smart black person I suggest you don't waste your time and your money like I did. I'm getting these A's and getting TFO. Chicks are bad tho
indifferent.gif

and before any one asks yes I am mad, by the time I leave ill have wasted 8 months of my life and thousands of dollars. Don't do it to yourselves my smart black ppl. Not worth the headache.

cliff notes:
-Howard sucks.

/rant

indifferent.gif
what you complaining for bo.

I've heard that Clark Atlanta Univ. just let go over a grip of administrators and teachers. Damn man
smh.gif

HBCUs be gettin' hit.

I feel u dog, my girl and I get into all the time about HBCU school...she went to NC A&T and she swears up and down its a great school far as Tech goes. Itry to tell those schools lack diversity and many other things. But at the end of the day I can't knock her, she wears her school pride on her sleeveproudly.

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Originally Posted by I R Andre

I really don't know what the +@+# I was thinking coming to a HBCU with all the options I had for colleges. If you're thinking of coming to Howard or any HBCU in general and you're smart just don't do it to yourself. They're gonna throw money at you and make you think its some great school and you're going to be amongst scholars and continuing some bull *#@% legacy they think exists in their mind when in reality its just an average school where every one just happens to be black and moderately intelligent(and thats being generous).It's nothing like you think it will be or how they describe it. I knew something was seriously wrong with this school when i transferred and they lost my transcript causing me to be 2 1/2 weeks behind in all my classes.

Everything about this school screams sub-par to the $!#%%% dorms to professors that regularly don't show up for class yet expect you to be responsible for material they didn't teach. The campus is directly in the middle of the hood and an open campus so $!%$$# get robbed on the yard pretty much on the regular. on top of all the problems in this school they are increasing the tuition too!
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

I could go on and on but I won't fact is HBCU's are pointless in this day and age it defeats the purpose of college. You go to school to meet all different kinds of people- its a very monotonous atmosphere. If you're a smart black person I suggest you don't waste your time and your money like I did. I'm getting these A's and getting TFO. Chicks are bad tho
indifferent.gif

and before any one asks yes I am mad, by the time I leave ill have wasted 8 months of my life and thousands of dollars. Don't do it to yourselves my smart black ppl. Not worth the headache.

cliff notes:
-Howard sucks.

/rant

indifferent.gif
what you complaining for bo.

maybe cuz he didnt want to spend thousands of dollars in todays economy JUST to be at a crappy school with hot females....just maybe.

You wylin.

I like to see myself as a brilliant black person. I'm also a Howard alumnus and a first year grad student in a fully funded, ivy league Ph.D. Program.

My full scholarship to Howard helped me to get a great education despite the school's administrative BS.

You get out of it exactly what you put in... Just like any school.

Go to a real school.

Although coming from Howard definitely gives you a leg up over most for grad school admission despite the questionable education.

Originally Posted by CjGenius368

You wylin.

I like to see myself as a brilliant black person. I'm also a Howard alumnus and a first year grad student in a fully funded, ivy league Ph.D. Program.

My full scholarship to Howard helped me to get a great education despite the school's administrative BS.

You get out of it exactly what you put in... Just like any school.

Howard isn't that hard to get in so OTHER big time...chill, Howard's just a college that happens to be black...
Transfer if it isn't for you though. Black schools aren't for everyone. Pat yourself on the back for opening your doors.

Once you transfer to a new school you'll be making a new post complaining about what you dont like about the new school.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

and this is why I didn't go to a HBCU
grin.gif

but we all know, there are some good HBCU's that actually do more than allow their students to get robbed..

I did hear about HU and their male prostitution ring though
laugh.gif

He doesn't even have to read it to make that statement. Howard has put out thousands of successful people who had a great time while being there. Im gonnaguess this is mostly you though, judging by the condescending way your questioning anyone elses dissenting opinion. Dre always had this toolbagish "imbetter than you" air about you. So no matter what college you go to, you're gonna be you.

you my dude, but it is what it is.

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

I've heard that Clark Atlanta Univ. just let go over a grip of administrators and teachers. Damn man
smh.gif

HBCUs be gettin' hit.
Yea man i saw that one the news yesterday
smh.gif
, i was pretty surprised because Clark's tuition is pretty high.

I just hope they dont come at Georgia State with that bs
smh.gif

GSU FTW, bad chicks from all ethnicities
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom