HP Touchpad for $99/$149

Welcome to the official development thread of Touchdroid, by theTouchdroid team. As part of the open Android communitie, we want tomake our Android port as open as possible, and providing developmentinsight to all of our users.

The Touchdroid Team
Thomas Sohmers (trsohmers/Apeman42) --Twitter, email, website
Framework43 --Twitter
John Hale (rhcp011235) --Twitter, email, website
Jacob Bell (ProTekk) -- Twitter, website

LINKS
IRC
Wiki

OVERVIEW
We are attempting to port Android to the HP Touchpad, which was originally shipped with webOS.
First going to build with Gingerbread and be AOSP based
After we are able to successfully boot Android, we are going to move to a CM7 base
Once we reach what we deem a "stable" beta, we will continue to providebug fixes for Gingerbread build, but also begin working on a fullHoneycomb port
If ICS is released before or during our development of the Honeycombport, we will stop and begin work on ICS. (Please be October…)

http://forum.xda-develope...hp?t=1224540&page=20

Just ordered two from PC Richard. They are all out now though. They may be getting new shipment on Monday.

They sold out soooo fast.

Originally Posted by DMan14

team touchpad?
Team TouchDroid. Well see. 
nerd.gif

This really has me heated. I'm usually on top of the deals and this one slipped through my fingers. Hopefully I can get one when the stores re-up. smh @ dudes on craiglist selling them for $250 or $300 trying to make a quick buck

I don't get paid to Wednesday so hopefully HP will start selling the ones they're getting back Best Buy then.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Whoever wants a 16GB model and doesn't mind paying a extra $20 + shipping on eBay
Link

That's @#*& on a re-sellers life 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Edit: 

Found this on SD 

DogAndPony :
dammit!!! I bought a total of 12 for ebaying purposes. With the prices where they are now on ebay, I'm going to lose money!!  $$$@@@@*****&&&&&&&

Originally Posted by B fr3sh

whats the chances of these getting restocked on the hp website?
Like I expected, high. HP Corporate Rep has already said that more will be coming (probably from retailer returns and whatever the factories have). She also said that they are working on a sign-up to be notified when it is back in stock.

P.S. You guys should check with your local Best Buy. Was told this morning that they were being sent back, but now, the same Best Buy is saying that they are waiting on word from management and HP about whether or not to send back. If they keep them, price will be lowered tonight or tomorrow ...

Originally Posted by B fr3sh

whats the chances of these getting restocked on the hp website?

I think the chances are good since they are getting back all the ones BestBuy and Costco have. Im curious to see what Amazon does they have the msrp at $100 but they are selling it for $399

Originally Posted by Greytoe23

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Got damn that number keeps going up
eek.gif

Do they really have have that many in stock? Some orders might end up being cancelled.

Yeah, Im thinking that may be the case too. I ordered one--probably when there was around 2500 sold...

We'll see how it goes.

Damn, there are people buying in bulks. I see like qty:10 and qty:20
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom