HP Touchpad for $99/$149

I managed to get 1 yesterday as a throwaway tablet for my sister. She only cares about internet, twitter, and facebook.

Really the demand for the tablet is all artificial. I'm not holding my breath for a port of Honeycomb since it's not open source.

If you managed to score at a brick and mortar you can probably make a few $$$ from early suckers. Once the online orders start arriving I see alot of buyers remorse setting in.

Started a new ebay page to sell these.. just incase they get canceled and people already paid ill refund em and hit em with the

tumblr_l6ouy08TEp1qz9muno1_r1_400.gif

did anybody try overstock? called this morning and they said they have about 4000+ in stock, now they're gone

Originally Posted by OptimusADL

I managed to get 1 yesterday as a throwaway tablet for my sister. She only cares about internet, twitter, and facebook.

Really the demand for the tablet is all artificial. I'm not holding my breath for a port of Honeycomb since it's not open source.

If you managed to score at a brick and mortar you can probably make a few $$$ from early suckers. Once the online orders start arriving I see alot of buyers remorse setting in.
Why do you say that the demand is artificial?? Those sales this weekend are real. And no, HC isn't open source, but Google may release the source within the next few months. Chances are good that Ice Cream's source is released around the end of the year. I (and most) can deal with a port of Froyo or Gingerbread until then ...

I ordered two from onsale at amazon and one from costcentral hopefully on of them will ship

Originally Posted by franchise3

I'd re-sell ASAP, considering a lot of people are trying to flip them, flooding the market, and, retailers are gonna sell more as they get more/retailers price dropping their prices to 99/149

I have a feeling this will happen when everyone receives theirs and they start trying to resell.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Video looks legit.

roll.gif
 either you copped one and are trying to justify your purchase or sarcasm (and yea I'm typing from a 16gb I copped yesterday   bleeeeee dat)

edit best cases?

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by EVObee

when did you place your order?

Online Order 08/19/2011, 09:13:11 PDT

how much did u end up getting yours for with the coupon and the code? 
I ordered 2 (one for me and one for my mom), came out to ~$305 for both including CA tax and the recycling fee (but with free shipping).

After knowing nothing about this Friday night, I happened to be browsing another forum where this was the hot topic....which was yesterday afternoon. Too late...all sites sold out and all local stores sold out. I even tried calling stores back in my hometown (Sandusky, OH) to see if they may have some...but no go. Called BestBuy 3 times yesterday...the 1st time-"Sorry we shipped them back to HP b/c they were discontinued"; 2nd time-"They're sitting in the back, boxed up so that we can ship back to HP"; 3rd time-"We just received an email from corporate to place on sale tomorrow at the discounted price."

After failing repeatedly online, I knew this was the only chance to get 1..hopefully 2. So I arrived at BestBuy at 9:30 AM EST (Middle GA) for their 11:00 opening...2 cars in the parking lot. Within an hour there's a line at the door, of which I'm 2nd in line. Employees come out w/ tickets for 16G & 32G and I ask for one of each, which of course wasn't going to happen....1 per customer, per household. No more than 5 minutes later, the mother one of the players that I coach (baseball) drives by and I flag her down to sit in line and grab another 16G ticket. She obliged...and I was able to get my 2. Strangely, BestBuy allowed me to pay for both of them....even though they wouldn't allow me to just grab 2 tickets
eyes.gif

Now what sucks is that I can't open either one until at least Monday...I bought 1 for my wife for her birthday which isn't until Monday. Guess I'll have to take mine to the office to break in! Good luck to those still hunting...and congrats to those able to get their's.

I haven't read too many pages of this thread...but I'm sure someone has considered "Droiding" this thing.....anyone?!?! I'm not really wanting to keep WebOS on mine.

This madness has literally stole my entire weekend, starting on Friday night around 11... I don't even need this device, but somehow over the past 48 hrs I have pressed to make multiple purchases...totally taken by the frenzy created by Slickdeals...now I am spending time reading posts and checking the status of my 4 orders!! I need help! Make it go away!!!
-sf77

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Alright got charged too, good. This isn't an ipad/xoom/transformer, but it's still probably the 5th best tablet out now. For an ebook/comic reader, couch surfing, media player, skype device, for about 100, i don't think you can go wrong.

I bought one hoping there would be an android port one day. Those specs with honeycomb would be
pimp.gif
 for $100.

Back
Top Bottom