HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

Just wow. I can't believe how comfortable these are. They fit just as I remember, definitely a little snug so lucky I got half a size up. 

Waiting on the Blue/Pinks in the mail and definitely won't be sleeping on the Scream Green release. I think I have a new favorite GO-TO sneaker :D

Lol.
I'm def. out of touch these days, and I'll keep it that way. I can't relate, psht.

My patience hasn't failed me once in the hobby.

Time? Got plenty on this side, lol.
I'm usually a patient dude when it comes to shoes, and it does usually pay off.  So I feel you on that.   

But for these, I couldn't wait.  It would be one thing if the retro wasn't a reality and they were still just a hope and a dream.  If that were the case, we'd have no choice but to be patient.  

But they were available for purchase for $120 shipped/pair from overseas.  No way I was passing that up to "maybe" have a U.S. drop.  After all the years I've been on NT, I've seen far too many ill runner releases never make it here.  Back then I never copped because you were getting taxed heavy for overseas shipping.  Now though?  I paid $11.95 to have 2 pairs shipped from the UK, and they got here in literally 3 business days.  That, combined with getting them for retail, gave me no incentive to be patient and potentially miss out.  

All that said, if I had missed out on these for retail, there's no way I'd drop $200 for them on the resell market.  It ain't that deep to me.  

I'm usually a patient dude when it comes to shoes, and it does usually pay off.  So I feel you on that.   

But for these, I couldn't wait.  It would be one thing if the retro wasn't a reality and they were still just a hope and a dream.  If that were the case, we'd have no choice but to be patient.  

But they were available for purchase for $120 shipped/pair from overseas.  No way I was passing that up to "maybe" have a U.S. drop.  After all the years I've been on NT, I've seen far too many ill runner releases never make it here.  Back then I never copped because you were getting taxed heavy for overseas shipping.  Now though?  I paid $11.95 to have 2 pairs shipped from the UK, and they got here in literally 3 business days.  That, combined with getting them for retail, gave me no incentive to be patient and potentially miss out.  

All that said, if I had missed out on these for retail, there's no way I'd drop $200 for them on the resell market.  It ain't that deep to me.  
exactly except i got free shipping so who knows how long i'll be waiting and even if they do drop were still getting them months early.

^
These are views/posts (from BP response on down) are ones that I respect, and love reading, and aren't the "norm" here as it once was...

I :lol: at the "nuff said jump now or miss the boat" comment. Like, C'mon Son. SOMEONE is gonna off these for cheap somewhere down the line, due to that person wanting another upcoming release. So the "jump now or miss the boat" is more for the 80s in my day. Nike has peeped the retro game; that quote in its full essence is null and void in every sense of the phrase today.

GLAD to see this shoe, hype or not, get the love it deserves. SMH at the black backing, but as it was said a page back, its marketing and scheming for Nike as the "free run" versions had the correct color rubber on the back.

I'll be patient -- especially since Summer hasn't hit just yet.

But I'd be lying if I didn't say these weren't on the top of my list before finding out the "overseas only for now" shenanigans.

When the weather breaks, my patience will most likely get tested. LLS.

Last edited:
^
These are views/posts (from BP response on down) are ones that I respect, and love reading, and aren't the "norm" here as it once was...

I
laugh.gif
at the "nuff said jump now or miss the boat" comment. Like, C'mon Son. SOMEONE is gonna off these for cheap somewhere down the line, due to that person wanting another upcoming release. So the "jump now or miss the boat" is more for the 80s in my day. Nike has peeped the retro game; that quote in its full essence is null and void in every sense of the phrase today.

GLAD to see this shoe, hype or not, get the love it deserves. SMH at the black backing, but as it was said a page back, its marketing and scheming for Nike as the "free run" versions had the correct color rubber on the back.

But I'd be lying if I didn't say these weren't on the top of my list before finding out the "overseas only for now" shenanigans.

Why wait if u dont have too? My last pair of Huarache LE died in 2006! So it was a no brainer for me to cop now! Can't speak for anyone else, but its hard to be patient with no definite answers out there. 

Why wait if u dont have too? My last pair of Huarache LE died in 2006! So it was a no brainer for me to cop now! Can't speak for anyone else, but its hard to be patient with no definite answers out there. 

To me, the two legitimate options are pay overseas retail - like many here did, or wait. You'll either get a US drop, or find somebody sleeping on an auction.

To me, the two legitimate options are pay overseas retail - like many here did, or wait. You'll either get a US drop, or find somebody sleeping on an auction.
I also went the Overseas Retail, on this release. Now its on to the next CW

^

I :lol: at the "nuff said jump now or miss the boat" comment. Like, C'mon Son. SOMEONE is gonna off these for cheap somewhere down the line, due to that person wanting another upcoming release. So the "jump now or miss the boat" is more for the 80s in my day. Nike has peeped the retro game; that quote in its full essence is null and void in every sense of the phrase today.

I only said that because IMO a US release is looking bleak. We are a country of fads and runners aren't getting to much burn currently. EU has always been a runner/trainer so when do they ever split up a release like this? Being a fan of this shoe I assume you know these things. Obviously it's Nike so they do what they want but there's tons of pairs that never make it here.anything can happen but I don't see these ever being below $175.

These silver and red joints arrived from FL EU today. I know the odd picture has already been posted so I have done some close ups so y'all can see the colours and materials which are different to the recent OG's.

These silver and red joints arrived from FL EU today. I know the odd picture has already been posted so I have done some close ups so y'all can see the colours and materials which are different to the recent OG's.

The off white main CW and grey laces give opportunities for Spring and Autumn wear not something I would consider doing in the white and bright coloured CW OG

Figured this would work but heres the Proof!

Ordered some off FTL europe, and having them shipped to a friend Stationed in the UK.

127usd was total from FTL, plus an extra 12$ to ship from UK to US.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics britkicks. Looks like everything that was posted in that pic on the first page has released. I saw some instagram pics of the navy/yellow pair as well but no other signs of more colorways.

Why wait if u dont have too? 
Simple question with simple answer -- Evaluating the historical recent trends of Nike and people in this hobby.

As I've previously said, my patience has NEVER failed me. Impatience? Burned me time after time until I got the point. Lol.

We all here have limited resources (income) for unlimited wants (shoes). Just like any other shoe, if I strike out on fam looking out for dirt cheap on East Coast or free on Oregon (fam for me, "hookups" is not term I use cause our relationships go deeper than kicks), then I wait it out. So my stance may be jaded a tad bit. Plus, as a buyer, I ONLY buy items from people on the Atlantic, so I'm just a drive away of there are issues with fraud. Again, just me.

All they gonna do is sit in my closet until August. And the trend in this hobby tells me prices/trade proposals will be cheaper in August than now at time of release at it peaks of demand...

It's just personal preference at the current time. I got 230 other shoe boxes to not sweat these or any other "international only" release, including scream greens still in tact...

Last edited:
Simple question with simple answer -- Evaluating the historical recent trends of Nike and people in this hobby.

As I've previously said, my patience has NEVER failed me. Impatience? Burned me time after time until I got the point. Lol.

We all here have limited resources (income) for unlimited wants (shoes). Just like any other shoe, if I strike out on fam looking out for dirt cheap on East Coast or free on Oregon (fam for me, "hookups" is not term I use cause our relationships go deeper than kicks), then I wait it out. So my stance may be jaded a tad bit. Plus, as a buyer, I ONLY buy items from people on the Atlantic, so I'm just a drive away of there are issues with fraud. Again, just me.

All they gonna do is sit in my closet until August. And the trend in this hobby tells me prices/trade proposals will be cheaper in August than now at time of release at it peaks of demand...

It's just personal preference at the current time. I got 230 other shoe boxes to not sweat these or any other "international only" release, including scream greens still in tact...

We all have limited sources? What world are you from?
If I had a 230 shoe collection I probably would wait it out to, but I wear my shoes to the death! So there's no way it's going to get that high. Been collecting over 13 years and I'm still under 100 pairs.

Been collecting over 13 years and I'm still under 100 pairs.
nthat.gif

Ditto.  I can't even call it collecting, because I just buy pairs I like, wear them and then sell them after awhile (except for the grail status joints).  Like a lot of NTers, I've had and worn hundreds of different sneakers over all these years.  But my stash now remains around 25 pairs at a time.  At the height of the madness, I'd have 20-30 pairs on ice, waiting to be worn.  After awhile that made no sense to me, so I decided to keep it to 25-30 total pairs at a time.  And honestly, even some of those don't get worn too often.  No need to hoard hundreds of pairs, IMO.  But I definitely understand those that do so.  
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom