HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

:nthat:

Ditto.  I can't even call it collecting, because I just buy pairs I like, wear them and then sell them after awhile (except for the grail status joints).  Like a lot of NTers, I've had and worn hundreds of different sneakers over all these years.  But my stash now remains around 25 pairs at a time.  At the height of the madness, I'd have 20-30 pairs on ice, waiting to be worn.  After awhile that made no sense to me, so I decided to keep it to 25-30 total pairs at a time.  And honestly, even some of those don't get worn too often.  No need to hoard hundreds of pairs, IMO.  But I definitely understand those that do so.  :lol:
Agree with that. I only have room for 50 pairs max in my house so apart from trails it's one in one out for me. Sure that means I have a few regrets but I would never sell my top 20 kicks so its the best way for me to change it up and subside the cost

:nthat:

Ditto.  I can't even call it collecting, because I just buy pairs I like, wear them and then sell them after awhile (except for the grail status joints).  Like a lot of NTers, I've had and worn hundreds of different sneakers over all these years.  But my stash now remains around 25 pairs at a time.  At the height of the madness, I'd have 20-30 pairs on ice, waiting to be worn.  After awhile that made no sense to me, so I decided to keep it to 25-30 total pairs at a time.  And honestly, even some of those don't get worn too often.  No need to hoard hundreds of pairs, IMO.  But I definitely understand those that do so.  :lol:

Although, I don't really like the term "sneaker collection," in this respect I am surely a "collector." I don't get rid of much. It sort of depends on your style and tastes too. My stash is close to twice the size of EoH's. But, probably close to half of it is pre-2000. And, nearly half of it is AF1s, which basically don't get retro-ed. So, a lot of my stuff isn't all that easy to replace if I get rid of it. Most of what I sell off are multiples.

I understand those who do it the other way though. It's much more rational, especially since I spend more time at work than anywhere else, and I can only wear sneakers on Friday. (Sometimes I cheat though.)

Although, I don't really like the term "sneaker collection," in this respect I am surely a "collector." I don't get rid of much. It sort of depends on your style and tastes too. My stash is close to twice the size of EoH's. But, probably close to half of it is pre-2000. And, nearly half of it is AF1s, which basically don't get retro-ed. So, a lot of my stuff isn't all that easy to replace if I get rid of it. Most of what I sell off are multiples.

I understand those who do it the other way though. It's much more rational, especially since I spend more time at work than anywhere else, and I can only wear sneakers on Friday. (Sometimes I cheat though.)

Atleast you can say you got a real job. But I don't know how I would manage if I couldn't rock out everyday or whenever I want.

No need to hoard hundreds of pairs, IMO.

A "hoarder" may accumulate things over years and years and never gets rid of things, or has documented mental issues of letting things go (if that's the angle of your opinion).

But a hoarder doesn't have order, neatness, anal-retentive characteristics, and room/household(s)/salary that most of us do who are "sitting" on shoes. The difference is night and day, which makes them "hoarders" and me, er, an enthusiast (refuse to use work "collector" because NOTHING of mine is DS unless its a multiple of a shoe I'm wearing).

In my three households you can blindfold me, and I can tell you what and where a particular shoe is, and they aren't blocking anyone from getting to the living room, kitchen, walkways, etc. :lol:

But back to the subject at hand..............................................................................

Last edited:
col·lect 1  (k-lkt)
v. col·lect·ed, col·lect·ing, col·lects
v.tr.
1. To bring together in a group or mass; gather.
2. To accumulate as a hobby or for study.

We all collect no matter how we care to phrase it.
3 households? sounds like you collect those too =]

No need to hoard hundreds of pairs, IMO.

A "hoarder" may accumulate things over years and years and never gets rid of things, or has documented mental issues of letting things go (if that's the angle of your opinion).

But a hoarder doesn't have order, neatness, anal-retentive characteristics, and room/household(s)/salary that most of us do who are "sitting" on shoes. The difference is night and day, which makes them "hoarders" and me, er, an enthusiast (refuse to use work "collector" because NOTHING of mine is DS unless its a multiple of a shoe I'm wearing).

In my three households you can blindfold me, and I can tell you what and where a particular shoe is, and they aren't blocking anyone from getting to the living room, kitchen, walkways, etc. :lol:

But back to the subject at hand..............................................................................

:lol: Naw man, I didn't mean hoard in a negative, TV show way. Just meant amassing a stockpile of kicks lol. Probably could've used a better word, because I'm positive nobody here is discovering dead animals underneath piles of sneaker boxes.

Everything EOH and Trife have said. Everything can be had for a fair price if you have patience. The game's taught me that so many many times at this point.

I don't have room for a ******** of kicks and don't want them really. If I'm not wearing it or haven't worn it in 6-9 months, I get rid of it. My collection will hit 80-100 and I'll clear out 40 then chill for a bit. Usually starts a cycle of me buying 20-30 more after a while, then it's rinse wash repeat.

Just wow. I can't believe how comfortable these are. They fit just as I remember, definitely a little snug so lucky I got half a size up. 

Waiting on the Blue/Pinks in the mail and definitely won't be sleeping on the Scream Green release. I think I have a new favorite GO-TO sneaker :D
You posted Footlocker AUS not expecting them until August?!? so im assuming your from australia. Just wondering where you copped these and for how much man?

Some close up pics of the FL excl blue and yellow joints

[/IMG][/IMG]

Finally!!! Just copped a pair off eBay for $159.68 shipped!! No euro prices for me. Size 13 for my size 12 feet. Will be ere Friday or Saturday!!

You posted Footlocker AUS not expecting them until August?!? so im assuming your from australia. Just wondering where you copped these and for how much man?
The yellow/turquoise pair I got from rmkstore man - they had a few left, I think I bought the last in my size. $169 not including shipping

Waiting on the blue/pink pair from ebay - ended up being about $240 shipped (wanted them bad so didn't mind spending the xtra coin)

Am In Australia :smile:

Im def feeling those FL exclusives....actually have a pair of the reds on the way

but def agree about hitting sales racks in the states.........

Which is why we dont get them in the first place, alot of times I feel like this sneaker "culture" is so backwards in the states

Alot of the dudes, shoot even females im friendly with in the UK have such diverse stacks of kicks that would never get a second look by most in the states...which is why most (including myself) have to jump through hoops to get certain releases......this isnt just for nike, this goes for NB and saucony also

Which is why we dont get them in the first place, alot of times I feel like this sneaker "culture" is so backwards in the states

I wouldn't say backwards, just that ppl in the US prefer basketball shoes over runners for the most part, when in Eur. its the other way around.

I like both Euro c/w's. Would've copped on sale had they hit the states.

I wouldn't say backwards, just that ppl in the US prefer basketball shoes over runners for the most part, when in Eur. its the other way around.

I like both Euro c/w's. Would've copped on sale had they hit the states.
Nothing against casual wear on Bball kicks, but half the Sales in the US are prob used for non-sports activities. Europe is much like NY in the sense of everyone on the go and alot of people walking and using public transportation, so the Runners appeal to the culture as a whole, more than they ever could in the US. 

Half the people i know in the States that exercise on a reg dont own a legit pair of running shoes. 

The yellow/turquoise pair I got from rmkstore man - they had a few left, I think I bought the last in my size. $169 not including shipping

Waiting on the blue/pink pair from ebay - ended up being about $240 shipped (wanted them bad so didn't mind spending the xtra coin)

Am In Australia :smile:
Aww man i was trying to buy off there but they didnt take mastercard, that was two days ago now there sold out.

Trying to contact some people online in europe, but yeah on ebay to australia looking at spending 200+

I realy want a pair especially to rock beofre they hit here.

Aww man i was trying to buy off there but they didnt take mastercard, that was two days ago now there sold out.

Trying to contact some people online in europe, but yeah on ebay to australia looking at spending 200+
I realy want a pair especially to rock beofre they hit here.

:smack: they aint coming here.

Back
Top Bottom