HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

Am I crazy?? I think my huaraches are just as comfy as ultra boosts if not more comfy... I'm enjoying this pair, but I got popcorn oil on the suade so I hope I can get it out ...

I've heard another person say this, and while Huaraches are comfortable, Ultra Boost are definitely more comfortable IMO. I still really like Huaraches though.

Last edited:
At the end of the day they all over lap because huaraches get more comfortable the more you break them in while ultraboosts get stiffer and bottom out the more you wear them.

This!

I'm a heavier dude. 6'0, 280. UBS are ehh to me because they get squishy after a while.

I've been telling dudes this for ages. Most dudes because they double and triple up on 5 releases with the same color pattern they don't really put their UBs through much. But bigger dudes will always see less responsiveness as time goes on. Which is why in some cases the cheaper alpha bounce is a better more comfortable option. Other boost models don't have that issue because they don't have the issue of adidas cramming 20% more boost in a thinner sole which means each and every boost pellet is more compact from the jump. Which again impacts long term responsiveness. For bigger dudes more boost isn't always going to be a better option than thicker boost soles.

For me the only thing that makes UB more comfortable is the PK upper. But I still love and regularly wear huaraches personally. I can't say how much wear it will take for UB to bottom out and start stiffening, huaraches normally take a serious amount of wear...

I think it's just me, but the UB isn't all that comfy to me.

I like the NMD's better, but I think it's because it's a little stiffer.

UB's may be too Cushion-y for me - i need a little bit of resistance/stiffness (I'm a husky dude so that may contribute to it)

Love my Huarache's though, walked around in Disneyland for a good 10 hours and my feet were comfy from hour 1 to h our 10.....

at the end of the day its all about preference. I think a lot of people caught up in the hype would never admit it but to quite honest, after spending 5 days a week at work, 99% of these current runner-turned-lifestyle shoes feel damn near negligible in terms of comfort on foot when all is said and done. sock darts feel great on foot, prestos feel great on foot, huaraches feel great on foot. but so do ultra boosts and other boost shoes. This whole which shoe is more comfortable debate boost fans love to have is like deciding on what shade of white is "better" to paint your walls with.

Last edited:
Yeah hype is a huge factor. Let's be honest, in 2014 huarache was doing the rounds in the same way as UB Is currently. It'll be something else soon and the hypebeasts will move on.

For me I just felt there wasn't enough ankle support with the UB and I was paranoid my toes were gonna break through the PK in the toe box. I guess I'll just be on team Nike. Glad I got to wear the UB's and see if they were worth the hype. Ending up selling my pair after about 5 wears. Hoping to cop some huaraches in a burgundy CW and I'm hoping some come out in leather instead of suade. Some of the women's huaraches that drop I really like and I don't really understand why a guy couldn't wear them.

Sizing on Huaraches is so weird. My first pair was in 2015 where Nike said to go up .5 size, so i do and they still fit really snug. Next pairs I get now I know to go up a full size, fast forward to me finding a pair of scream greens on Grailed in great condition in a 10 and it's like I never went up at all.

Sizing on Huaraches is so weird. My first pair was in 2015 where Nike said to go up .5 size, so i do and they still fit really snug. Next pairs I get now I know to go up a full size, fast forward to me finding a pair of scream greens on Grailed in great condition in a 10 and it's like I never went up at all.

This is the reason I've only bought one pair.

I hate how no two models/colorways/ whatever fit the same way.....

#post4700

Last edited:
How snug of a fit is TTS with a mesh pair? Looking at a few pairs online but idk what I should do. Prob could try on a pair in store but dont like just trying on with no intention of buying. Colorways Im looking out are not in store anymore.

How snug of a fit is TTS with a mesh pair? Looking at a few pairs online but idk what I should do. Prob could try on a pair in store but dont like just trying on with no intention of buying. Colorways Im looking out are not in store anymore.
TIGHT 1/2 size up

I went and tried on the all navy pair and tts fit beautiful. Read people saying newer ones fit bigger, this true? Going for the persians and the navys have the same material setup too.

Back
Top Bottom