HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

As I promised, here are the pics from the fall 1992 Catalog that they used to mail out. This is one of my favorites I ever got. Some SERIOUS gems in here. Lots of Huarache tech in several shoes! Enjoy the pics.
PXL_20210901_210851661.jpg
PXL_20210901_210911266.MP.jpg
PXL_20210901_210609502.jpg
PXL_20210901_210612787.jpg
PXL_20210901_210716451.jpg
PXL_20210901_210709177.jpg
PXL_20210901_211318995.jpg
PXL_20210901_210942712.jpg
PXL_20210901_210944997.jpg
PXL_20210901_210950748.jpg

I'm lucky to still have those Challenge Huaraches in my collection. Flat as heck, with no air but still wearable surprisingly. What I REALLY want is that Challenge Court warmup jacket!
got damn might be the best nike catalog ever

Yeah, I believe they came out like a few days before the All Star game in Charlotte that year.

Not disputing that. I know the Scream Greens came out in 1991, but I believe the sample sale at the marathon was that prior November in 1990. Once they sold them all, then they put in the huge order to the factories to make. And then they would have came out maybe Spring 1991, because they were in stores by then. 👍

Because it couldn't have been at the 91 Marathon as then the retail pairs couldn't have came out till 1992.
Huh, that's interesting. Maybe my perception of the OG Huarache retail date is skewed from living in suburban Detroit. I clearly remember when I first saw them and talking to one of my friends about them, and seeing the print add for them, and I was in 10th grade. That was the '91-'92 school year. So at the earliest, I wasn't aware of them until fall '91. Doesn't mean they weren't out somewhere in the country or world already, though. I'm sure you are correct after everything you said.
The VIs came out every year shortly after the All-Star game where I lived, never before. I got the Infrareds on release day from my local FTL and remember it clear as day.

Huh, that's interesting. Maybe my perception of the OG Huarache retail date is skewed from living in suburban Detroit. I clearly remember when I first saw them and talking to one of my friends about them, and seeing the print add for them, and I was in 10th grade. That was the '91-'92 school year. So at the earliest, I wasn't aware of them until fall '91. Doesn't mean they weren't out somewhere in the country or world already, though. I'm sure you are correct after everything you said.
The VIs came out every year shortly after the All-Star game where I lived, never before. I got the Infrareds on release day from my local FTL and remember it clear as day.

Cool story about your VI pickup. Mine is eerily similar. Was walking through the nearby mall with my mom in early February '91. Footlocker had the older displays that were on wheels and they would have shoes on them and put them at the opening of the store. Walked up to the display as soon as I saw them...the VIs in black/infrared. My mind was blown seeing them compared to how different the Vs were. Can't remember if it was a few days before the all star game or just after by a few days.

Didn't get them right then and there as my mom always took me to the local mom & pop shop in Lansdale, Pa called Dimmers. They had EVERYTHING and discounted them as well. I think I went the following weekend and got them. Was the only kid in my school with them. That was really cool.

7.5-10.5 Orcas for $78 + shipping with code sale.

+ a few sizes of Magentas

7.5-10.5 Orcas for $78 + shipping with code sale.

+ a few sizes of Magentas

what’s the promo code?

The aqua tones really sell out on footlocker?? Wasn’t going to get them until there’s a discount but was curious to see if sizes were gone but the shoe is now unavailable.

The aqua tones really sell out on footlocker?? Wasn’t going to get them until there’s a discount but was curious to see if sizes were gone but the shoe is now unavailable.

no their site and app has been giving me the same error for a few days now. i just copped a pair of the aqua tones after passing on the scream greens. not chancing it with snkrs on 9/15 even if they might not sell out depending on the number of pairs available.

Grabbed some All Whites. Think I’m good with the three I picked up… Orca, Aquatone, White. The rest of these drops looking like trash.

Back
Top Bottom