Hurricane harvey....texas nters stay safe

did lil bow wow ever put some money up or is he just still taking pictures of himself throwing the "h" up?

Joel tryna figure how he can make money off these people.

He probably thinking about how much it's gonna cost to clean his church after all of this. Smh these preachers are something else.

Not missing it at all. Unless you're telling everybody to evacuate 3 weeks prior or something (which is highly unrealistic to predict anyway), there's not really another way to prepare. You can't prepare for a historical event. Had Turner set a mandatory evacuation at the time people are now retroactively doing it, instead of a handful of scattered, empty stalled out cars, you'd have thousands of cars stalled out with dead bodies inside.

It's easy to have an opinion when you're in a safe dry place. We always get rain during hurricane season here in Houston, this event however was historic. Dude is definitely wilding saying we should've been better prepared

Went driving around earlier with the fam...a lot of neighborhoods are still under water out here by spring cypresss...the sun was out for most of the day but it's a little cloudy out now.. seeing water marks on houses is crazy....

Went to heb earlier was chopping it up with the chick at the register and she said they are paying them time and a half...thought that was cool...shelves are looking pretty empty though..

Texas needs to keep an eye out for another possible tropical storm mid next week.
gfs_pres_wind_watl_30wajd8.png

Mattress Mack speaks..
I read on vice that he spent 30 racks to arrange his stores help out those folks in need. When H-Tine recovers, he get that amount ten times over.

Hes way better than that fraud Joel Olsteen.

I wonder if Lakewood is even prepared for something like that. its designed for 17000 people to come and leave, not to come and stay. how are they showering? getting/disposing feminine products etc. sheesh. I get that its necessary and the best of a horrible situation but its gonna be a rough stay. better than being on the street tho.

Beaumont area here. Curfew in effect from 7pm to 7am.

I think we might be more screwed with this than with either Rita or Ike. Port Arthur is in shambles.

The last two hurricanes hit hard and were over in a few hours. What made this so bad was the stalling. My road to work is still under water and the water was rising as of two hours ago.

I've been looking into this, and unfortunately we won't be able to get the user badge feature implemented anytime soon. Anything we could do in the near future wouldn't be able to rely on badges.

Most of the group fundraising campaigns I've seen that could support community tracking are for the Red Cross, and they have not had a great track record in responding to recent disasters like Hurricane Katrina or the 2011 earthquake that struck Haiti.

In this particular case, it may be best for everyone to continue contributing to whichever organization they feel most comfortable with.

The Mayor of Houston established a relief fund, for example: https://ghcf.org/hurricane-relief/

Giving to individual organizations wouldn't allow us to track our contributions as a community, which I know a lot of people appreciate, but what matters most is to help those in need. If there's a better way for us to accomplish that together as a community than by encouraging contributions to individual funds and organizations through this thread, we'll do it. Unfortunately, our typical means of organizing a community fundraising drive are unavailable to us in this situation. All suggestions are welcome.

Theyre saying some 2/3rds affected do NOT have flood insurance in the Houston area.

Be careful out there. Homes are cheap for a reason. Developers should get sued. Inadequate storm drainage to homes not being built up at all.

On the news, they showed these mansions built up a bit more than the roads they were built next to. Crazy to think more aren't built up like that.

Back
Top Bottom