Hurricane harvey....texas nters stay safe

are we done with the rain? its beautiful out right now....and it's oddly quiet.
no sirens and the birds haven't came back yet.

im enjoying a cup of coffee and finally some damn sunshine :smokin
ur house and car ok..I didn't read thru thread

If you're one of the unlucky residents whose home is a complete loss, how do your even begin to rebuild under such traumatic circumstances?

I can't even imagine what it's like. It really puts things in perspective when I complain about being stuck in my home during snowstorms.

Welp. F**k Best Buy.

Untitled.png

Welp. F**k Best Buy.

Untitled.png
Seem like it was just that store and should fall under the GM vs the whole company. Best Buy apologized over Twitter for that store.

When I worked at Best Buy we sold flash lights, batteries, and other storm supplies. Shoot even generators but nothing as huge of a mark up as that Houston store.

The sun has never looked so good

Outside of seeing rising bayou water and knocked down trees, The road was clear on my route to work this morning. Once all the flood water recede, the clean up process gonna be a beast.

Will Houston still have to worry about back flow of the flood water or has that happen?

That's something important to keep in mind with the sun being visible.

Image-1.jpg
my parents house monday. I moved Aug 15 to Las Vegas. Nothing happened during Ike, during Rita (everyone got at least roof damage) and they got about 2 inches of rain total this time. The 1 thing my mom told me earlier this year was to NEVER curse the house. This is in SW H, in between the belt and 59. I've talked to them every 3 hours since Sunday. I wasn't suppose to move until November, but something literally brought me here earlier this month...

Glad to hear some of y'all seeing the sun again in Texas. :nthat:
The cleanup process will be huge but seeing the sun is already a good sign.
You guys have any 100% reliable charities for the Harvey aftermath to recommend that accept donations by Paypal? I don't have a credit card as having one isn't really necessary over here but I can chip in a small amount through my Paypal account.

Back
Top Bottom