Hurricane Irma, FL Nters We May Be Next

It's now a category 5

Larger than the state of ohio

Praying for everyone in Florida, including my sister and her family! She's 7 going on 8 months pregnant, she don't need to be going through this!

Is it too late for people to fly out of state?

Wow... Seriously? Might as well just use FMLA or call in sick. Can y'all do that?

Nope because most companies combine your sick into your PTO. So my company all we have is PTO what ever time you need off regardless of what you are doing requires PTO.

these companies are so cheap. What they could do is set aside a fund to cover natural disasters that can cover employees PTO. But these companies dont care about their employees they just claim they do

Im in NC and I see a chart where it will come all the way up and hit my city, im really nervous

Praying for everyone in Florida, including my sister and her family! She's 7 going on 8 months pregnant, she don't need to be going through this!

Is it too late for people to fly out of state?

no my wife leaving thursday im staying behind. Tickets arent cheap now that irma on the horizon now.

Gonna call my sister now. Money isn't an issue when it comes to safety and health of children.

How hard will this Hurricane hit Jacksonville?
get them out bro. book that flight now... whole eastern coast of FL needs to be dipping... at the very least drive to Tampa or somewhere over on thay side of the state

get them out bro. book that flight now... whole eastern coast of FL needs to be dipping... at the very least drive to Tampa or somewhere over on thay side of the state

bruh tampa aint safe either :lol:

sucks that i have a crap ton of PTO that my job forces us to use in situations like this smh.

Mother nature should be a given for free PTO like GOV workers get during snow storms.

Man that's some BS that they make you use your PTO for natural disasters, I would be furious.

Here we damn go nobody got time for Irma. Now imma have to try to find a spot w/ some supplies after work today

tenor.gif

you couldnt wait to use that GIF huh?

Man that's some BS that they make you use your PTO for natural disasters, I would be furious.

yea man and this aint the first job i worked that does that.

Looks like its gonna be bad. Usually not too worried since I am in Orlando. Remember last year when Hurricane Matthew hit, I was out buying beer while everyone was buying water. Lol. May have to stock up on some water this time.

Should I drive to another state or what? Should I even be worried, I live like 40 minutes away from Tampa.

Should I drive to another state or what? Should I even be worried, I live like 40 minutes away from Tampa.

shoot im in tampa and ima ride it out and stay. Flew wifey and the kids out. My Homey asked me to drive up to ATL if i need to so if you do drive to another state go to georgia.

What day this supposed to hit? I got a job interview/site visit on Thursday n Friday in St.Pete

Read that it was approaching 200+mph winds and was gonna be the first Category 6? Or is this false news?

fake news :lol:

:nerd:

What day this supposed to hit? I got a job interview/site visit on Thursday n Friday in St.Pete

sunday

damn bro good luck on the interview. I got a new job that starts next monday day after the hurricane :rofl:

:smh:

Got fam all over FL.

Stay safe bruhs... but I don't think it will be that bad.

Might taper off to something less severe before landfall like a tropical storm.

My fam in Tampa said they haven't had any serious weather issues since the early 90's so I think they'll be good.

Hoping for a last minute turn or it stays south of South Florida. Hate this waiting game :smh:

Got fam all over FL.

Stay safe bruhs... but I don't think it will be that bad.

Might taper off to something less severe before landfall like a tropical storm.

My fam in Tampa said they haven't had any serious weather issues since the early 90's so I think they'll be good.

yea hurricane andrew was the last really major one to tear up FL in 92'

But the one last year named matthew did a number on FL too.

Back
Top Bottom