************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

I don't get why people like to downplay preparation and caution for storms like this. It's one thing to dislike the state of panic the media can cause, but the fact remains these storms cause major damage, can kill, and if you're unprepared then you'll be worse off. Non-perishable food, water, candles, batteries, flashlights, a plan for evacuation, etc. are all basics you should have. 

Plus, if nothing seriously bad happens, people will say "I told you so, what an overreaction", but if it is really bad, no one is going to say "ha ha, you should have been prepared, now you're dead"

#Truth. Better to be over than under-prepared

Still no rain over here, looks like Sandy's gonna go around nyc.
Will probably just get some bad storm surges and a little rain and wind

Y'all gotta' be BS'ing... I'm in MD and it's slightly windy and drizzling. Classes are cancelled for tomorrow but as of 11:00 my office is still open so I still gotta be at my internship by 8:30...

Not even raining in manhattan. Kids still playing football in the street lol

Yeah, but It's supposed to pick up later tomorrow. Like always, it will affect certain places severely and some places not at all, but definitely better to be safe than sorry. Doubt it even makes its way uptown, though, and even if it does, I got a Subway, Taco Bell/KFC, Dominos, 3 bodegas, C Town supermarket, and chinese food in a 1 block radius. I'm good regardless.

Yeah, but It's supposed to pick up later tomorrow. Like always, it will affect certain places severely and some places not at all, but definitely better to be safe than sorry. Doubt it even makes its way uptown, though, and even if it does, I got a Subway, Taco Bell/KFC, Dominos, 3 bodegas, C Town supermarket, and chinese food in a 1 block radius. I'm good regardless.

you will never starve.

currently living on the Jersey shore... down the block from the beach. Too lazy to pick up candles/flashlights and all that nonsense so this probably will not end well... :nerd:

currently living on the Jersey shore... down the block from the beach. Too lazy to pick up candles/flashlights and all that nonsense so this probably will not end well...
nerd.gif
Brah, I just read something that said Sandy is predicted to make landfall on the Jersey Shore.  Yeah, I don't see this being fun for you.

Be safe.  

yall be safe out there and ninjahood make sure you safe out there and them box of sneaks dont all down B

if you need somewhere to stay i got some fams in jersey that would hold you down til the storm is ova

winds increased from 70 to 85 MPH. recon is finding lower pressure and higher winds

most of the models show some continued strengthening for the next 12 + hours

Stay safe ya'll.

you will never starve.

This dude gonna come out of the storm 10 lbs heavier :lol:

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the majority of the subways will not be working on wedsnday

Last edited:
im in new jersey and its pretty windy out where i live... should i go to work when they declared state of emergency? i tried calling but its early and nobody is picking up

nyc transit shut down. so unless i drive i can't get to work. driving in this window may result in my new car getting hit with debris tho so...

Back
Top Bottom