************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

I don't get why people like to downplay preparation and caution for storms like this. It's one thing to dislike the state of panic the media can cause, but the fact remains these storms cause major damage, can kill, and if you're unprepared then you'll be worse off. Non-perishable food, water, candles, batteries, flashlights, a plan for evacuation, etc. are all basics you should have. 

Plus, if nothing seriously bad happens, people will say "I told you so, what an overreaction", but if it is really bad, no one is going to say "ha ha, you should have been prepared, now you're dead"
People just take any opportunity to criticize something and enjoy saying how the weathermen / news reporters are wrong. There's already comments like this storm is nothing even though it's supposed to hit hardest tonight through tomorrow. They're also the first to crucify the media if the storm is worse than they reported and ask why we didn't get fair warnings.

I don't get why people like to downplay preparation and caution for storms like this. It's one thing to dislike the state of panic the media can cause, but the fact remains these storms cause major damage, can kill, and if you're unprepared then you'll be worse off. Non-perishable food, water, candles, batteries, flashlights, a plan for evacuation, etc. are all basics you should have. 

Plus, if nothing seriously bad happens, people will say "I told you so, what an overreaction", but if it is really bad, no one is going to say "ha ha, you should have been prepared, now you're dead"
People just take any opportunity to criticize something and enjoy saying how the weathermen / news reporters are wrong. There's already comments like this storm is nothing even though it's supposed to hit hardest tonight through tomorrow. They're also the first to crucify the media if the storm is worse than they reported and ask why we didn't get fair warnings.
QFT.

I prepared myself and my family.  If the storm is nothing, then we have extra water and batteries.

My boss is acting like I'm doing some great disservice not coming in :lol: I am not trying to go to LI, have them NOT pay for my cab and be forced to get stuck in LI overnight.

My boss is acting like I'm doing some great disservice not coming in :lol: I am not trying to go to LI, have them NOT pay for my cab and be forced to get stuck in LI overnight.
**** that, LI is a death trap right now. He'll get over it.

I just shot my boss a message like 'yeah so MTA is suspended ttyl':lol:

Even worse, it's a she :smh: my Mom works at the same company but her supervisor came and picked her up because they still have to run checks and wires for the company. They usually have folks stay at a hotel in Great Neck when weather like this comes but people are fighting it hard. My boss is a lady who I've heard a story that after the first plane hit the tower on 9/11 that she told people not to worry (they were still downtown back then) and that she was sure they wouldn't be going after their building and to keep working :smh:

idk what you guys are talking.. but its already starting. I live on a beach.. so i see it first, not a good look. Actually considering evacuating :smh:

not sure if im down to hang at a shelter.. So i'll give it a few more hours, about noon before i decide. Good luck, stay safe beach bros

- The water is coming !!

its only going to hit in new jersey the most you will see other places is 10-20 mph wind gosh you guys are dumb look outside

Even worse, it's a she :smh: my Mom works at the same company but her supervisor came and picked her up because they still have to run checks and wires for the company. They usually have folks stay at a hotel in Great Neck when weather like this comes but people are fighting it hard. My boss is a lady who I've heard a story that after the first plane hit the tower on 9/11 that she told people not to worry (they were still downtown back then) and that she was sure they wouldn't be going after their building and to keep working :smh:

:smh: :lol:

idk what you guys are talking.. but its already starting. I live on a beach.. so i see it first, not a good look. Actually considering evacuating :smh:
not sure if im down to hang at a shelter.. So i'll give it a few more hours, about noon before i decide. Good luck, stay safe beach bros
- The water is coming !!

i don't think you should wait...conditions will get worse and it will be more difficult for you to leave

Okay, she's the antichrist.

Im on the east coast... storm ,so far, is litterally all hype.. little bit of rain, some wind... nothing bad at all

Um...it hasn't reached land yet, broski.

*Pro - i got a feeling a lot of folks will be on autodraft tonight :lol: :smh:

x's fingers that I have power and I don't take antawn jamison w/ the 3rd overall pick

Last edited:
i don't think you should wait...conditions will get worse and it will be more difficult for you to leave

yeah i understand.. last year i evacuated for irene.. wasn't so bad, makes me a bit more skeptical this time.. but shelters are set up at local high schools, worst case scenario i can head over that way. thanks bro

To be honest, this feels like this is something bigger.. i'll end up leaving sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom