************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

I forgot yall northern cats have basements and subways... :x :smh:

That's gotta be Lower Manhattan.
Whether its a Category 1 or not, the worst fears was the flooding due to the proximity of towns/cities along the coast as we saw with Atlantic City. So please save the West Coast > East stuff for another thread.

this. it's all about the proximity to water...ps nice avy, i expect a big year for JS43

First fatality in NYC confirmed. Man struck by falling tree.

Stay inside people.
Just heard it on the radio.
Dude was from Flushing, Queens.
Apparently a tree fell into his house, son wasn't even safe in his house, Jesus.

Yeah over by Kissena Park. some of the stuff im seeing on fb and on the news is just crazy. no way everything is going to reopen and go back to normal by wednesday

Please yall, be safe out there. Stay in your homes with your family. That NY toughness don't work against mother nature. Its the worst I've seen NY in EVER.

tumblr_mcomd2Ii2L1rtpz1do1_400.jpg

battery tunnel

tumblr_mcomc3ABT31qg5a4lo1_500.jpg

the village :x

tumblr_mcomb79fmB1qb8spzo1_500.png

tumblr_mcom7hKIvn1rf3emqo1_500.png

:x

Last edited:
:smh: NY'ers in Far Rock didn't take the warnings too serious .... Worst storm to hit NYC since the 60's they say ....

I am in Forest Hills, Queens and the wind is howling ... I hope everybody is safe, and stock piled food ... MTA out for a week? I hope that is a bad rumor. I doubt it will be in service tomorrow though.

I live in MD right now, near DC and we're getting hit hard with rain and wind, but the power is still on and I'm thankful for that. Looks like everything above Philly is getting hit HARD. My prayers go out to all you guys in the NYC, NJ area. I'm watching TWC and it looks terrible up there!

This. It looks like it's a lot worse up there for you Northeastern NTers, just like how it was with Irene. Stay safe, you guys.

Can you guys imagine what a REAL hurricane would do to us in NJ/NYC?

This was a Tropical Storm/ Cat 1

Back
Top Bottom