************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

I'm in Hampton Roads, Virginia and things haven't gotten bad here yet. I'm also hoping for no power outages as well. I have the day off and I'll be glued to NFL redzone.
pretty much....they closed the tunnels so im stuck in norfolk today...

but so far, no flooding, no damage, not alot of anything so far actually...just a sustained light rain..

power BEST stay on, aint tryna miss these games!!

NYC...MTA service to be suspended starting at 7 pm tonight

tumblr_m5y78vm1Al1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

I'm so pissed off this storm delayed the Louis C.K show I was supposed to go to tonight to March 2nd. 

I'm tight because after living in NYC for 23 years, I know nothing is going to happen. Nothing ever happens. They always stir up panic for no reason.

They have to be overly cautious though. If the storm does end up being bad then they will get all the blame for not being serious about it.

Hopefully my school decides by tonight if it will be open or closed tomorrow. I have an 8 am class and have to leave my house around 630. I'm trying to finish up my paper right now for the presentation I have tomorrow :x.

Bloomberg just said that all nyc public schools will be closed tomorrow...so all colleges should follow as well

Last edited:
just witnessed some lady buy 4 loaves of bread and 5 gallons of milk at the local food dispensary.

was like wow.

I'm an Events Manager at a Hilton in NY... I had my entire conference cancel that was over 300 rooms... $80,000+ in revenue lost....

I'm in New Jersey and my public school is closed Monday and Tuesday. My neighbor already prepared by getting huge generator. Hope everyone stays safe.

Back
Top Bottom