************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

Not to bad here, just some rain and high wind warnings. Not sure if it was supposed to hit us bad anyways.

More like the coast.

Welp just got word my classes are cancelled for tomorrow.

Same a little weird too since, it's suppose to hit Monday evening(late day) into Tuesday. I'm hoping they cancel Tuesday class too.

My School is close to the coast......Don't wanna see how Tuesday morning is going to look..

Last edited:
My classes still aren't cancelled yet.
ohwell.gif
Yea I'm up in CNY...nothing yet but our storm is bought to hit tomorrow and last until tuesday....please no power outages....
Not up in CNY anymore, but I hope you guys get the storm at its weakest. I was up there for some of the worst lake effect snow and it can cripple the region.
Hopefully its not too bad, hard to tell tho b/c the news acts so dramatic every time we have a storm and its never as bad as they claim it will be.
True, but some people in the city will get it as we've seen in the past.
DS gallons of Deer Park water (1 gallon per buyer)

$10 shipped.
laugh.gif

DCPS - closed monday

FCPS - closed mon/tues

*Gov't has to be next

Last edited:
I'm in the tri-state area.

When the State declares a "state emergency," does that mean that the DMV will not operate during said emergency?

So far I can't seem to find anything about whether the DMV will be open or closed.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sandy itself isn't bad. Cat 1 hurricane, so it should be slightly more violent than Irene (ie. some power outages and fallen trees). However, what the meteorologists are really concerned about is the possibility of Sandy MIXING with the storm that's already above us. That may turn out bad with devastating winds and extreme snow/rainfall.

Stay safe New Yorkers. I'm not leaving my house anytime soon lol.
Remember it's better to be safe than sorry.

I wanna head out to McDonald's for an Angus burger in a few.

Classes cancelled for tomorrow, and possibly Tuesday. If that's the case, I won't be in school this whole week since I'm working the other couple days I have classes.

Counting tomorrow, I haven't been to my Bio class in almost a month :wow: :smh:.

I can only imagine how many people used to die before we had weather satellites. 
mean.gif

People really had NO warming

i hate when people overhype these storms,:rolleyes if it happens it happens no matter how you prepare we are all in it.

Back
Top Bottom