************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

If you have enough gas to make it to CT, it might be worth it to make a trip up there to find a town to fill up in and drive back.

I'm considering making this trip later tonight when there's no traffic. Any recommendations on places I can go.

Just to let everyone know Advance Auto Parts on 832 Pennsylvania Ave. Brooklyn, NY might get a shipment of gas tanks tomorrow morning. The Distribution Center hasn't confirmed it yet if they will or if they won't. You can call them tomorrow around 7AM to confirm (718) 272-7170 Their last shipment sold out within 2 hours of 5 gal gas, kerosene, and diesel. (718) 272-7170

My friend just came back from CT and he got 120 gallons, hooked me up with some and was selling 5 gallons for $35 to others. You talking about that place that used to be Strauss? Its now and advance auto, damn. Good looking out with the info

My friend just came back from CT and he got 120 gallons, hooked me up with some and was selling 5 gallons for $35 to others. You talking about that place that used to be Strauss? Its now and advance auto, damn. Good looking out with the info
good job taking advantage of people struggling to keep their generators working or finding gas so they can go to work 
alien.gif

Last edited:
good job taking advantage of people struggling to keep their generators working or finding gas so they can go to work 0]

Trust me when I say it wasn't me re-selling it, he told me he was doing that to make up the money he spent driving there. Most of it was for friends and family

Last edited:
waited 5 hours to get gas this morning. line was only 2 blocks long when i get there, but after moving half block, they ran out. its funny how out of all the cars around me on line, i was the only one that was approached 3 times asking if i wanted to buy x amounts of gas. just cuz i had on a beanie and had meek mills album on. :lol: . i didnt trust em cuz i didnt know if it was watered down or some ish. once i got to the front i realized the line for filling up your plastic tanks were dumb short so people were just refilling those over and over and selling for higher to people. also everyone should be checking hess's twitter to see updates on there gas stations. pretty acurate for the most part

Filling my tank of gas felt better than a handjob.
I'm about to sleep like a baby.

edit:
I had some clothing and other stuff I was about to donate (prior to the storm)
where's the best place to take them? (after the storm)

Last edited:
I suggested driving to CT to get gas, but what about driving to Westchester Co.?

Waiting 5+ hours just to be turned away is insane! I really feel for your guys out there.

Cold world man. A lot of ct folks dont want yall comin in over here.

:lol: c'mon man...

But seriously, it makes sense to me. If you're that desperate for gas, make the drive up to CT to fill up. From Queens, you can get there in about 45 minutes. Beats sitting around for 5+ hours, getting nothing, and being told to go home.

Just got this text from my cousin...

FWD:
Know anyone who needs work
Pass it on

FEMA need clean up crews for South Jersey. $1000 per week 7 days. Call 904 797 5338. Hotel & Food included

She called and it's on the up and up. If I was around I would do it. Getting paid to do a good thing, nothing better.

Last edited:
Just got power back early this morning . . . phew.

No damage, everyone OK. We were lucky. I just feel bad for the people down the shore who lost everything . . .

If you're that desperate for gas, make the drive up to CT to fill up. From Queens, you can get there in about 45 minutes. Beats sitting around for 5+ hours, getting nothing, and being told to go home.

if you're in Jersey, I've found that the more SOUTH and WEST you drive (away from the shore, going south and west towards Princeton, Trenton, Philly, etc), the more gas stations that are open / have power and the lines are shorter.

I think I heard on the radio a few days ago, that 95% of gas stations SOUTH of I-95 in Jersey are up and running and that only 25% of gas stations NORTH of I-95 in Jersey are up and running . . .

I made a trip to VA over the weekend and indeed about 45 minutes into the i95, most gas stations are up and running. Coming back home Sunday afternoon I noticed lines werent that long anymore. I was around the Goethals Bridge/Newark area.

Yonkers I hear isnt too bad anymore, Queens heads should just make the 30 minutes drive there.

I know someone who will not be talking the Q train to manhattan in the near future :smh:
only made it to Atlantic before I said **** it and found an alternative route.

Last edited:
If you are trying to take advantage of others or trying to make money on people in this time, you are scum. People don't need gas just to drive their cars, its for generators and pumps so they can get their lives together. SMH at people flipping gas for crazy prices. Nah

I wish I had the leave to use from my job to head up to South Jersey and help with some of the clean up efforts, not for the money, but just to lend effort/time and assist those in need.

Back
Top Bottom