************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

I know someone who will not be talking the Q train to manhattan in the near future :smh:
only made it to Atlantic before I said **** it and found an alternative route.

That's my only sensible option for now until the B is back up. What was wrong with your experience?

anyone which parts of LI is still without power?

My area, Hempstead, Baldwin, etc.
IMO any area where it's middle lower class

They are practically in the rich people's area.
We are absolute dead last priority.

Lipa website is lying about numbers of people who have power
Restored.

Looking better, when I left the gym this morning the line from 65th and 3rd was only to 71st. Although my stepfather got on the line shortly after and was told by police 20 mins later no more gas.
thanks for the update. anyone know which twitter acc's are good for updates on gas?

My area, Hempstead, Baldwin, etc.
IMO any area where it's middle lower class
They are practically in the rich people's area.
We are absolute dead last priority.
Lipa website is lying about numbers of people who have power
Restored.
not true at all. my mom's on the north shore in a fairly affluent community and she still doesn't have power. been 7 days now.

super wealthy areas like brookville are still without power.most of hempstead has power

lipa is lying about their number though. that i agree with

Still no power for me in Central NJ. They said November 9th, but with these freezing temperatures, I'm really hoping it's before that. Can't sleep in the cold anymore. I don't even care about having no internet or TV....just give me some damn heat. The good thing is that the gas situation looks to be better now. I got gas yesterday and only waited 5 minutes, so thats a plus.

not true at all. my mom's on the north shore in a fairly affluent community and she still doesn't have power. been 7 days now.

super wealthy areas like Brookville are still without power.most of hempstead has power

lipa is lying about their number though. that i agree with

All of hempstead has not been restored my sister still lives there, I'm in Uniondale and I can tell you Nothing beyond Hofstra going south of Front street is lighted and I drive down Uniondale ave almost everyday.

Even Nassau road doesn't have stop lights on the busy intersections. getting on and off the parkway across the overpass.

If you look on the interactive map it shows the hardhats where they have crew, I'm pretty certain most of those crews are in Brookville, Port Jeff, Long Beach the rest of the north and south shores along the coast lines.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Passed by the Shell on Woodhaven Blvd. and Myrtle Ave. in Queens and they're gas line was about 2 blocks long (long side of the block). My suggestion to everyone if you can find red gas containers fill those up instead of waiting on line. Gas container lines are much shorter.

anybody in the bx , i just spent an hour and a half on a line at the station on 188th & 3rd ave. the line wraps around to webster but it's moving.

I know someone who will not be talking the Q train to manhattan in the near future :smh:

mad pack? wanted to go to soho real quick but guess not

That's my only sensible option for now until the B is back up. What was wrong with your experience?

might be too late to matter to yall but I've never been in a train so packed in my life :x
like a pickpockets wet dream come true. definitely would avoid taking during the morning commute if you can until they get the B running again (which they had just sitting there on the express track begging to be used :smh: )
------------------------------------------------
Petition to get shuttle buses for the L & G train

Last edited:
View media item 127309Mayor Bloomberg riding the subway to City Hall Monday morning, one week after Sandy devastated the New York area.

He rides the subway all the time since hes been Mayor. Its ******** though. There are multiple Suburban SUV's that are at different points of the train's stops. So just in case they have to be around.

For all the man power/resources it takes for him to ride the subway he might as well ride in the Suburban to the destinations he goes too. :lol:

anybody in the bx , i just spent an hour and a half on a line at the station on 188th & 3rd ave. the line wraps around to webster but it's moving.
North Jersey is getting better with the gas.
you have to pay $12 for the bridge back (less if you have ezpass) but there should be 2 open right over the bridge with "short" lines

you can go through new york state to Jersey(avoiding the bridge and toll), I heard rt 17 by mahwah has almost all of their gas stations open and functional.

Last edited:
i see meteorologists are reporting a mild nor'easter for this wednesday/thursday to add to this

don't want to get anyone more depressed on anything, i just think it's good to know about these things

wish everyone the best

View media item 127309Mayor Bloomberg riding the subway to City Hall Monday morning, one week after Sandy devastated the New York area.

He rides the subway all the time since hes been Mayor. Its ******** though. There are multiple Suburban SUV's that are at different points of the train's stops. So just in case they have to be around.

For all the man power/resources it takes for him to ride the subway he might as well ride in the Suburban to the destinations he goes too. :lol:

this.
he aint really trynna touch the people, get to know them, vibe.
he aint really bout that life.
ol' frontin ***

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom