HypeBeasts!

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Originally Posted by retrospect90

I find it a waste to spend over 200 for a pair of shoes. I'm broke though, so what would I know.

Same applies to me. 
I wear my $50 Vans much more than I wear a pair of $300 Jordans.
I rock Koston's more than any sneaker; best $80 value out there for style/looks/performance 

Sneaker collecting is only good if you're not out trying to have all these 09-12 re-retroed releases. Only Jordans I'm copping are the older ones from 96-08. Everyone's a hypebeast, especially the teens in HS.

Originally Posted by jm2000

Originally Posted by Jordanscrub

Simply put everyone wants to be cool so the majority (young adults/kids) turned into hypebeasts.
Today for the Olympic 6 & Pippen release for example, alot of people wanted to cop just because, while others were there to flip.

Myself and only a few other people were there to cop&rock, and knew the history of the shoe.

A lot of people didn't even know what the Pippens were 
ohwell.gif
This  
30t6p3b.gif
my memory of them is from George in the Jungle
laugh.gif
saw it when i was like 5-6 yrs old
GeorgeOfTheJungle-Uptempo.jpg
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

it's really out of hand nowadays 
I mean I couldn't even cop Uptempo's or CB 180's today which says a lot; the last time the Olympic 180's released they hit sale racks for like 50%
Wait..you couldn't cop Uptempos or 180s?
tired.gif
sick.gif
 You're right about Olympic 180s hitting sales racks the last time they retroed. That's why I'm slowly drfiting away from the game, only picking up older pairs and a pair here and there of the newer releases when they go on sale.
Originally Posted by Papi

I blame it on wale
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I wouldn't blame it entirely on him, but he gets about 70% of the blame.

Originally Posted by louislagerfeld

it's really out of hand nowadays 
I mean I couldn't even cop Uptempo's or CB 180's today which says a lot; the last time the Olympic 180's released they hit sale racks for like 50%
Wait..you couldn't cop Uptempos or 180s?
tired.gif
sick.gif
 You're right about Olympic 180s hitting sales racks the last time they retroed. That's why I'm slowly drfiting away from the game, only picking up older pairs and a pair here and there of the newer releases when they go on sale.
Originally Posted by Papi

I blame it on wale
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I wouldn't blame it entirely on him, but he gets about 70% of the blame.

I went into my HOH Foot Locker and they have one pair left of the 180's in a glass display case like Sir Charles actually wore that damn pair 
laugh.gif

god damn shame man; I love those shoes but I am not paying a cent over MSRP; I remember getting the retro in 03 I think it was from Finishline for like $65

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

OP why do you care whether the next man cops and covets shoes or that the "sneaker game" is hyped up?
we ARE on niketalk, a sneaker forum. the first shoe forum about jordans & nikes?

I was going to make this thread the other day. I made the decision of quiting buying sneakers like i used to. Its too oversaturated and everyone looks the same now.

because the hype finally hit jordans
before if you was lookin at shoes most people found out through forums and not everyone and their moms knew about it
now you got sheeps on tumblr and lames tryna dress like tyga
30t6p3b.gif
got hype spreading like wild fire

I went into my HOH Foot Locker and they have one pair left of the 180's in a glass display case like Sir Charles actually wore that damn pair 
laugh.gif

god damn shame man; I love those shoes but I am not paying a cent over MSRP; I remember getting the retro in 03 I think it was from Finishline for like $65

Yup I used to walk into footlocker so late after releases and get Jays for $70 some. Clearance... good times. The only one you really could never get is the 11's. Those were always sold out. But I got cardinal 7's and white and red 13's for $70. I rocked the crap out of them too, I didn't think they were "that" special.
laugh.gif

Now all I get are dunks and forces, there the ones that go on sale now. It's almost role reversal. Forces used to be impossible to get.

"this right here this all go away, me , u, but the game, thae game stays the game"

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

OP why do you care whether the next man cops and covets shoes or that the "sneaker game" is hyped up?
we ARE on niketalk, a sneaker forum. the first shoe forum about jordans & nikes?
Bruh, i grew up on Jordans, I remember my 1st pair the 18s blue and whites.... Back then i was in 4th grade....Everybody i asked in HS would be like those are ugly, but watch if Jordan Brand releases the 18's blue/white people will be out camping and *#*..... I mean im not complaining, because quality is down no a days in these shoes....Its just that people will buy 10 pairs and just re sell them.....And bruh i Shiiit you not, i was trying to sell my Iverson Questions Red/White for the longest, now once the red/white ones released this yr everybody on Facebook trying to cop mine ..smh

I sold off a majority of my Jordan's back in 2008; I should of held on to them until now. The Jordan market is straight bananas.

Originally Posted by 1994SS

laugh.gif

Yup I used to walk into footlocker so late after releases and get Jays for $70 some. Clearance... good times. The only one you really could never get is the 11's. Those were always sold out. But I got cardinal 7's and white and red 13's for $70. I rocked the crap out of them too, I didn't think they were "that" special.
laugh.gif

Now all I get are dunks and forces, there the ones that go on sale now. It's almost role reversal. Forces used to be impossible to get.
you're def right on; it used to be Dunks and AF1's that went quick
I mean even 2 yrs ago the Cardinal 7's hit sale racks; when the Playoff 12's caused small chaos that is when I just decided to start moving out my collection and I am too old for this anymore

I will always have my favs but in the past week I got rid of my Space Jams and Carmines which was bitter sweet 

Originally Posted by Oxygen

Dud, i grew up on Jordans, I remember my 1st pair the 18s blue and whites.... Back then i was in 4th grade....Everybody i asked in HS would be like those are ugly, but watch if Jordan Brand releases the 18's blue/white people will be out camping and *#*..... I mean im not complaining, because quality is down no a days in these shoes....Its just that people will buy 10 pairs and just re sell them.....And bruh i Shiiit you not, i was trying to sell my Iverson Questions Red/White for the longest, now once the red/white ones released this yr everybody on Facebook trying to cop mine ..smh
You are correct rice boy, Oxygen's reply is what puzzles me. Oxygen this and your original post just reek of pretentiousness, why must one grow up on Jordans to buy and like them? I'm just curious why do you care when another man rocks a shoe and is happy about HIS purchase? I do however share the same stance with you on resellers.

Originally Posted by Oxygen

Bruh, i grew up on Jordans, I remember my 1st pair the 18s blue and whites.... Back then i was in 4th grade....Everybody i asked in HS would be like those are ugly, but watch if Jordan Brand releases the 18's blue/white people will be out camping and *#*..... I mean im not complaining, because quality is down no a days in these shoes....Its just that people will buy 10 pairs and just re sell them.....And bruh i Shiiit you not, i was trying to sell my Iverson Questions Red/White for the longest, now once the red/white ones released this yr everybody on Facebook trying to cop mine ..smh
You are correct rice boy, Oxygen's reply is what puzzles me. Oxygen this and your original post just reek of pretentiousness, why must one grow up on Jordans to buy and like them? I'm just curious why do you care when another man rocks a shoe and is happy about HIS purchase? I do however share the same stance with you on resellers.

Learn to read bruh, you dont have to grow up on jordans to like them. Im saying that when i had the 18s people said they was ugly and wouldn't buy them, but they are the same people to buy them now in 2012 because its cool.

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Originally Posted by retrospect90

I find it a waste to spend over 200 for a pair of shoes. I'm broke though, so what would I know.

Same applies to me. 
I wear my $50 Vans much more than I wear a pair of $300 Jordans.

Same here. I find the quality of Vans sneakers far greater than JB quality from the leather to the craftsmanship. Only the $100+ up Vans though. Yea it don't hold the limelight as Jordans, but idk what people think of what wear on my feet.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

So when did Jordan's become as crazy as they are right now?
personally I think it started with the Cool Grey 11's because the White Cement 3's sat on shelves in late 2010 which was the last major release before the 11's

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

So when did Jordan's become as crazy as they are right now?
personally I think it started with the Cool Grey 11's because the White Cement 3's sat on shelves in late 2010 which was the last major release before the 11's
Yea, it's ussally 11's that get things going. Always have been a huge hit. I guess when the 11's release resellers mouths start to water, and it causes a lay over of demand for the next few releases. It'll die down don't worry.

I can't believe the uptempos sold out online. Just 2 years ago the black/white and navy/orange colorway sat for months.
I think about selling most of my sneaker collection all the time, but as I hold on to my older sneakers the price people are willing to pay on ebay just seem to keep on going up. What people are paying for sneakers right now is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by toughmoney

I can't believe the uptempos sold out online. Just 2 years ago the black/white and navy/orange colorway sat for months.
I think about selling most of my sneaker collection all the time, but as I hold on to my older sneakers the price people are willing to pay on ebay just seem to keep on going up. What people are paying for sneakers right now is ridiculous.

yup; I hated to sell my Carmines because they were my first pair of J's but someone paid $400 for them I was just mind blown

Back
Top Bottom