I feel like im wasting money/time in college.

im not doing that well and i will have to go to graduate school with any type of degree anyway. What should i do?

Chase your dreams.

Not others.

I am 13 hours short of a BA but I couldn't get myself to focus and put the love into it and finish (you need to love it to be successful IMO).

It seemed everyday, and every class got more and more difficult to deal with.

And my biggest issue was time. I'm pursing a music production career and it severely took away my attention towards school.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Chase your dreams.

Not others.

I am 13 hours short of a BA but I couldn't get myself to focus and put the love into it and finish (you need to love it to be successful IMO).

It seemed everyday, and every class got more and more difficult to deal with.

And my biggest issue was time. I'm pursing a music production career and it severely took away my attention towards school.
Every time I think NT is just full of idiots I notice there's people way, way, way too similar to me.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Make a change... I'm 20 now and I'm trying to transfer schools because Ifeel like I lack motivation at the institute I currently attend. I just don't feel like I'm in college...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I look at it like this, right now you're young and still have a lot ahead ofyou. People even older than us try to go back to school and recreate something they missed out on years ago. Why not take the proper steps now that you feelwill lead you towards success.[/color]

i am currently in 4 classes and thats all i have left to graduate ... i have never had such a hard time doing school work ... like i didnt care before thissemester but for osme reason i dont even remotely give a damn ... i never go to class and when i do i just think about why i went ... i am holding on by a thinthread and doing the BARE MINIMUM ... hopefully ill make it

well im 20 year old....ive never been good at math and science but for some reason thats what im pursuing bc of my parents....i just dont think i have what ittakes compared to other people...i alwasy feel behind....ill prob transfer school bc im paying way to much for school right now.

ironman you are wastin ya time and money and time is money my man.

also, parents gotta underdig that a man gotta do what a man gotta do.

Seriously.. after looking at the consensus thread i felt like a failure in life. I'm only 22 and taking one class this semester at my local CC.
tired.gif
I'm not even driven.. I definitelyhave goals to become an RN, just at a very slow pace. SMH. In contrast, my girlfriend only has two years left before she attains her BA in psychology, I needto step it up.

You're not alone man!
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

we can switch places.....

college life >>>>> real world

even for a single dude with a nice crib and 7 series?

my man, say it aint so. you bs'n, suttin dont add up

oh man I feel ya..maybe u need to switch schools..it might help, maybe you need some motivation.

yeah im a freshman on my second year with only 21 credits and I would not change it for nothing... joining a fraternity is cool because you get to visit otherschools and meet people nationwide... but the thing about frats is that you need to do research before you join one... dont just join one because of the coolparties they throw..if you do join one do it because they help you out in school thats the most importatn thing...

You need to do better, commit to it.

The reason your down and out, is because you are not doing well, and then you feel like your wasting your time.

4 real i enjoyed school b/c of kicking it wit my friends/workin out// meeting ladies/partying. Granted I passed and graduated in a BA of Psychology but itdidn't do anything for me once I graduated. If I want it to do something for me I will have to get my masters in Sports Psychology.

College was more fun for me then helpful for me in the real world.

I am making it in the real world and doing well but it had nothing, absolutely nothing with me sitting in Psychology class... and thats the truth.

I learned enough out of High School how to succeed in the real world.

What do you want to do in life....career wise?

I'm 20 as well.
I love Music, so instead of going to a college/university, I decided to go to a music school next fall.
It basically gives you hands on, real world experience in a studio. I will get to learn and work with accomplished Music Producers, Engineers, and Mentorswho've been in the Music Industry for quite some time now.

I was a little skeptical at first because although, this is an acredited school, it's not your typical College/University. So I got opinions and advicefrom my parents, counselors and teachers.
They basically said, if Music is what i want to do in life, and make it my career then go for it. Just because it isn't a college/university doesn'tmean anything. They said do what you want to do in life, chase your dreams and don't settle for anything less, which is what most people, they take thesafe route. They supported my decision and said it's best to chase your dreams while your young.

So basically, what I'm saying is, just figure out what you want to do in life, that makes you happy. Go after it...and if your confused or have anyquestions, then get some opinions and adivce from your teachers, parents and etc...

With the way things are going right now in the economy, your job might not even exist by the time you graduate.

Maybe start looking at some other schools? I only went to school my freshman year, and it was at St John's. Not to offend anyone, but if you're at StJohn's and your degree isn't for pharmacy or sports management the education sucks. It's a joke.

So now I basically have started a list at what I'm good at, interested in, and what I need to work on. It helps a lot. In the end, you should go to schoolfor something you have interest in, not something that people tell you to have interest in.

Yea, I feel you. Ive been going to school for 3 years and only got 20 something credits. Smh at myself. Omly reason right now that im going to college is tomake my mom proud. What I really want to do is go to film school and become a cinenmatographer. Right now Im thinking about telling her but I know she is goingto be disappointed in me.

Back
Top Bottom