I got an Asus Notebook over a Macbook was this a good idea

Sup NT whats your opinions on Macbooks and Asus products.I just bought an Asus Notebook for 4 bills and some change.

completely different.

you'd have to compare the hardware specs between the two, then compare windows vs osx.

A notebook is a couple hundred dollars, while macbooks are over a grand - 2 grand I believe. I'm guessing that the notebook from Asus is very limited on what it can do compared to the Mac, and what the other guy said, Im guessing the specs are completely different.

The cheapest Macbook starts at $999. You really think a $400 laptop is going to compare?

The cheapest Macbook starts at $999. You really think a $400 laptop is going to compare?

ha, how much you spend on it has nothing to do with performance when Apple (as well as Nike) charges a premium just for the name brand.

pop the hood, what's the specs?

Is a MacBook insanely good Im using my notebook for photoshop 6 and writing reports and the MacBook seems very rigid as far as customization beyond stickers.

Is a MacBook insanely good Im using my notebook for photoshop 6 and writing reports and the MacBook seems very rigid as far as customization beyond stickers.

Don't fall into the hype. I bought the new 15" non retina and honestly it's a nice notebook but not worth the price tag at all.

I just bought a Macbook Air on Sunday. This is my first Mac and so far I like it. I feel like the if offers a greater user interaction than PC, due to the implementation of the trackpad with the OS. Not to say that the simple point and click of a PC is bad, I just feel like the Mac does a good job of enhancing the computer's use. My last laptop was purchase in around Fall of 2010, during the FIBA games, it's an Alienware M11x. The PC gave me no problems at all for the 2 years I've owned it and served all my needs, however the hinges broke thus causing me to have a flappy monitor. There is also a significant amount of dirt, which somehow got in between the monitor and the plastic overlay. I wouldn't say they are dead pixels because they are not perfect dots. I do admit that I dropped this laptop about 2 feet from my desk to the tile floor and it didn't have anything wrong internally or physically. So I'm partially to blame for the dead pixels, if that is what they are. My main reason for switching to Mac was due to Dell's customer service, it sucks. They agreed to replace my hinges for free, but it was rather tedious and strenuous to complete the process. I like the idea that if I have a problem with my laptop I can just waltz into an Apple store and talk face to face with somebody.

In the end it all comes down to what your needs and wants are. I'm a college student and I wanted something portable for everyday use and the Air was the logical choice. Being that I don't need to plug in to ethernet, use a DVD RW drive (everything is obtained digitally now a days), and I don't use that much HD space, the Air was best suited over the pro. Customer service also played a role in my deciding factor as well. So in the end ask yourself what your needs are and if they are met.

sometimes I feel catz are hyping up mac/apple products
can someone pm me to explain the full potential of macs

ha, how much you spend on it has nothing to do with performance when Apple (as well as Nike) charges a premium just for the name brand.
pop the hood, what's the specs?
Specs are important, but they aren't everything. What Apple understands is that the user experience is what matters, so that money is put to work when you compare, for instance, the trackpad of a Macbook to anything else on the market. The Macbook Air in particular, though, is priced very competitively, and it goes head to head with a lot of other laptops and beats out most of them. There are some Apple products which aren't really priced that well, like the MBP, but it should be determined on a case-by-case basis.

just bought a thinkpad edge over a macbook. I felt I could do without the hype of a macbook.

with that said, with the thinkpad...it is of higher weight, screen resolution is no where as crisp as on a macbook and it's very plain.....which is a good thing.

I wish I had $400 for a macbook but I can get by with the thinkpad. It gets the job done.

i upgraded to a macbook from an asus netbook and it was the best decision i made in a while.
indifferent.gif

read your sentence.

damn near any notebook is better than a netbook...

One of the most ignorant, closed minded things I have seen in a while.
Why? Ignore the fact that it's from Apple. A Windows laptop that costs $1000 usually has better quality than one that costs $4-500. If you're comparing a Macbook to something in it's price bracket, then we're talking.

just bought a thinkpad edge over a macbook. I felt I could do without the hype of a macbook.

with that said, with the thinkpad...it is of higher weight, screen resolution is no where as crisp as on a macbook and it's very plain.....which is a good thing.

I wish I had $400 for a macbook but I can get by with the thinkpad. It gets the job done.
thinkpad E kinda sucks.

X or T series are far superior, even the L series is better. 

two different universes bro. i don't think that could be an easy comparison

Back
Top Bottom