I Hate to say it but, Niketalk Rockin' the Larry Fade Y'all. What you Think Happened?

What do y'all have against TAN? Serious question

There are probably a lot of funny threads lost in there.

Even if it's three pages of ****** telling someone it's not thread worthy and to shut the **** up. :lol:

NT is wild unpredictable you can never tell which way a thread is gonna go from how it starts.

There are probably a lot of funny threads lost in there.

Even if it's three pages of *****s telling someone it's not thread worthy and to shut the **** up. :lol:

NT is wild unpredictable you can never tell which way a thread is gonna go from how it starts.

I dont get Whats stopping someone from making those threads tho...

Why make a thread when you could just post it in TAN?

Same concept applies for girl threads and TAY.

Im sayin tho if people have an issue with TAN why not just start a thread? Why add to something they feel is "killing NT"? Do something about it or stop complaining.

New layout is 10x better than huddler and yuku. auto social media embeds have made fools wildin hilarious. and the notifications are dope.

in every one of these threads i will continue to tell yall the real culprit: do away with the political discussion thread and TAN. TAY too.

its times when you come to general for ****s and giggles and the whole front page might be "official" threads. that makes general like a mini reddit.
It would be nice if we had a better balance of new threads and "official" threads, but I think part of that is just changing expectations when it comes to content discovery. These days, people are less interested in "working" to find content. On a lot of social media sites, you have your feed, you have your subscriptions, and you want updates to that. Fewer people appear interested in manually refreshing a specific forum to see what's new. Part of the reason 'official' threads are so active is because users can be notified automatically of new content.

If someone posts a brand new thread, unless you've subscribed to be notified of ALL threads to that forum, you have to manually check to see that.

We've added some features to try and help. On the front page, we now feature new threads, surface the most liked topic posts added recently, and within each forum we have the ability to sort by thread creation time rather than the last reply time.

It's possible that a tag system could help in the future - people choose topic types they like and can be notified of that, but preventing abuse of such a system is challenging as users would have incentive to mislabel content or may neglect to label content and we'd have to sort it all out.

It's difficult to say "I'm closing your thread because it's too popular." People in the political thread and TAN are doing nothing wrong. The topics are very general. One is about politics, the other is for random thoughts that users feel would be too inconsequential to warrant a whole thread.

Now, NOTHING about that prevents anyone who reads those threads to then say, "hey, this is thread worthy" and starting a separate thread on their own.

Different people want different things. If we break up the megathreads, we'd have a lot of smaller threads with less engagement. Some users would prefer that, and it has its advantages. Smaller threads are easier to search through and keep up with. Other users prefer a really fast moving, well attended experience that proactively reaches them and they don't have to find by sifting through topics they don't care about.

That's why I'd suggest, for now, taking the initiative and creating new threads about topics you care about. Some users could, and did, discuss the tragedy in Charlottesville in the politics thread - but it also has its own thread, and I'm glad it does. It's possible to support both without banning either.

just need the "new posts" banners to pop up and i'm good.
didn't take long to adjust to this version.
The new post notifier is something I liked on the old platform, too. Unfortunately, it only worked on desktop - so many of our users never saw it. I'd very much like to bring it back for ALL users on the new platform, but we'll likely need to wait until the core software receives its next update before we begin development.

reps is definitely coli-esque
Reputation functionality is part of the platform. If you look at all the former Huddler sites (styleforum, head fi, etc.) it's handled the same way. Honestly, I don't think anybody involved with our design has even been to that other site. We've been designing black websites with white text since 1999. Any other similarities are due to the shared software platform.

Thread suddenly became strangely personal :lol:
Don't mind that. Sadly, the topic starter has developed a bizarre obsession with this site and can't let it go. He's making it personal because he's failed to articulate any substantive criticism other than "I don't like you because you keep banning me." It's like he jumps off the roof to draw a crowd and then blames gravity for causing him harm.

I won't even bother reading his latest cries for attention/help, but, at a glance, it seems that - after posting support for Donald Trump in the fall, he's now invoking his erstwhile savior as an insult. He's hoping you've forgotten that.

Unfortunately for him, forums have long term storage and search capabilities: https://niketalk.com/threads/donald...son-of-the-year.629164/page-259#post-25588316

His behavior speaks for itself.

If NT isn't worth visiting anymore, why has he been desperately clawing his way back in every few months for the past several years?

If you're stalking your ex, you are the one with the problem.

Don't mind that. Sadly, the topic starter has developed a bizarre obsession with this site and can't let it go. He's making it personal because he's failed to articulate any substantive criticism other than "I don't like you because you keep banning me." It's like he jumps off the roof to draw a crowd and then blames gravity for causing him harm.

I won't even bother reading his latest cries for attention/help, but, at a glance, it seems that - after posting support for Donald Trump in the fall, he's now invoking his erstwhile savior as an insult. He's hoping you've forgotten that.

Unfortunately for him, forums have long term storage and search capabilities: https://niketalk.com/threads/donald...son-of-the-year.629164/page-259#post-25588316

His behavior speaks for itself.

If NT isn't worth visiting anymore, why has he been desperately clawing his way back in every few months for the past several years?

If you're stalking your ex, you are the one with the problem.

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Did Nomad just compare Meth to Trump? Smh
J'onny Boy wildin tbh..

Why make a thread when you could just post it in TAN?

Same concept applies for girl threads and TAY.
Tbh TAN is mostly about what's being done on the daily with a Lil bit of kick talk, a Lil bit of female talk and a tiny bit of political talk. There's need for other threads

Different people want different things. If we break up the megathreads, we'd have a lot of smaller threads with less engagement.

nah that's definitely not how most of us feel.

you can only basically have one thread open at a time, if most of da engagement is in one thread, these people aren't gonna have face time with anything else, or look for anything for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom