I have decided that I am done with Jordans. None Nada.

Originally Posted by blackiceblaze

Welcome to the Club. I have only purchased OLDER models via forums and eBay for a whileeeeeee. Nowadays, I prefer SHOES over SNEAKERS. I probably will never own a NEW model from JB.

OP what you said is basically what I have written several times throughout the JB forum for the last year.

I just need my 03 bred Xii's and Im done with jordan FOREVER.
Yeah, keep trying to kid yourself, JB will pull your *%# right back in.

anyway, I just got into J's so I'll be here for awhile. I need a lot of the older releases, and some of the stuff that's droppin next year.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

I have love Jordan's since I was a kid, I am now 28yrs old. My parents would not buy them for me because of the price. We never lived pay check to pay check or had a cash flow problem. My dad was the sole bread winer and he was very smart with the money. Once I started to make my own money I ran out and bought Jordans. As a kid they were cool and didn't not make you look bad at school. Now that I am older i understand why some people get out of the Jordan. my reason is simple. I work hard for my money. Jordans are sitting on the shelves now. Yeah a hot release may sell out but its all hype not. Jordans dont even hold there retail value any more. The quality is sub-par. I can keep a pair of kicks a while but the kicks are not lasting and its clearly manufacturing. Lastly, but not least Micheal Jordan has been know to be a a%$hole. I no longer will support a guy that treats his fans as if they are not the cause of his success.
Ha, it's an age thing. I'm in the same boat as you now. You get to a point where you just can't justify certain things anymore. Myissue is with the shoes because the clothes are still some of the best quality stuff out there.

i think older cats who may be disillusioned by the current trend could, instead of quitting JB altogether, maybe buy only 1 pair a year.
i mean, i still got much love for JB products, but if i were you, i'd buy only one pair of jordans like we did back in the old days.
you know, moms would buy you a pair of jordans and you beat the hell out of them for the rest of the school year.

i think older cats who may be disillusioned by the current trend could, instead of quitting JB altogether, maybe buy only 1 pair a year.
i mean, i still got much love for JB products, but if i were you, i'd buy only one pair of jordans like we did back in the old days.
you know, moms would buy you a pair of jordans and you beat the hell out of them for the rest of the school year.

Originally Posted by bohrdom

There would be like 2 or 3 colorways max. of a shoe, and they were spread out seasonally.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't understand why people have to make threads like this.
Ok you're done buying Jordans, but what does that really have to do with Jordan Brand itself?

it might be a matter of time..
and then ill be right behind this dude
i dont blame u.. so sad that it has to come to the JB

Aside from the points you listed about Michael Jordan and Jordan Brand... (Please see my signature)

The shoe game is being played out, and the recession had a hand in this too. People have finally realized that bread is more important than shoes when itcomes to losing your job. No one's dropping $200+ for a pair of sneakers as much as they used to.

I'm almost there myself. MJ was the reason I got into buying sneakers and he's steadily becoming the reason I'm losing interest. If all that hasbeen said in the past week is true then I'm pretty much done. I mean I haven't even bought a pair this year and I'm still seriously debating theSpace Jams and White/Red XII's. The lower quality and higher price tag is just lame. I mean a $50 increase on the Space Jams because of a cooler box.I'm all for packaging but let's be real. He just knows that he can get that and people will line up to spend that on four pairs at one time. They knowthey have their market cornered. And all the ugly team shoes and fusions just insures that people will spend even more for a taste of what used to be. Thisyear I've already sold about a dozen pair of J's and have about 6 or 7 more I want to sell and I'm seriously considering dumping a bunch more. Likesomeone else said in this post, if the quality comes back and the releases get better than I might find interest again, but for now J's are pretty muchover for me. I'll just stick with Nike and Lebrons for shoes to ball in. At least I know those will last longer as they are better made.

I don't blame you for the bad quality that Jordan has been bringing out. I don't even think he appreciates how many sneaker heads are out their stillsupporting the Jordan Brand. I guess its all about the $$$$$$.....

They player outshines the man when it comes to MJ i believe , but at the end of the day i buy his kicks because i LIKE them and its something ive beeninterested in for a while now. but i understand what your saying.

i walked into work today and looked at the jordan wall. i realized that there were five different retroes and a signature shoe on the wall at the same timeand all of them were on sale. not only were they on sale, but we had multiple sizes of each in the back. seems that a lot of people are over it. i even findmyself waiting on js to go on sale before i buy them. the sad part is that i get a pretty good employee discount, and i'm still waiting on the price todrop. i cant say that i'm done, but i'm pretty much only copping steals anymore.

yeah i quit last year cuz a ridiculous release really upset me, but then i realised that they are only shoes and the amount of emotion i was investing intothem was purely my own fault. i haven't cared for michael jordan since he left the bulls (yeah that long), but my nostalgic love for shoes with hissillhouette remains. They are my only current vice, and as long as i keep my spending in check (I have a tight annual budget), only buy what i love and wear,i'll still cop 4-5 pair/year.

with them on regular rotation, my shoes last much longer than if i let them sit and rot in a closet. sure they won't be DS, but i seldom sell my shoes.

For me I think there is gonna be more heat more complaining and more people getting highly considering retiring. With all the heat coming out next JB isdefinelty making out tough for people to retire. Just who is gonna pass on the Blk/Red, Wht/Blk and Wht/Blk VI's and who's gonna pass on the PowderBlue IX's and the Chicago X's. That's tough.

yeah, but they will sell simply because there will always be the next guy who wants to buy Jordans.

Originally Posted by IJUMPMAN

Here we go again. As far as Jordans not holding their retail value, I don't know if many of you remember, but many of the the older Air Jordans didn't sell out everywhere. I didn't get into them into the mid 90s, but I can remember seeing OG Xs and XIs on the shelves and at the outlet.

I can see how you feel about the quality. Quite a few models do have poorer quality, but some aren't so bad. The IIIs seems to be pretty good, and I have no complaints about the XIV retros compared to my OGs. XIIIs were good, too.

As for MJ, if you had that many fans hounding you for autographs and questions for 23+ years, you'd get tired of it, too. You can only be nice for so long, before it gets to you.

I admit, I have been selling off many of my extras, but I'll never be completely done with Air Jordans. I'll be copping the Space Jams, most of the VI Retros. I don't care about hype or "unhype", if I see it, like it, and want it, I'll cop it.
nuff said........

Back
Top Bottom