I JUST BLEW MY FRIEND'S MIND VOL. GOD

Everything is one the 1.

Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Western science, Metaphysics etc.

We are all arguing the same answers through different spheres of comprehension and cultural understanding.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

That's why believing is called "faith". "Faith" does not require the existence of fact(s).

If believers really tried to question their respective religions in a rational way then they wouldn't be believers anymore.
laugh.gif

if Non Believer's followed God, and allowed him to move in their life, they would no longer be non believer's.   Signs, Wonders, Miracles. etc. Most ppl think that All Christians really do is read a book and follow a bunch of rules, if that was the case, I myseld would NOT be a believer.  Its about having a relationship with God, and Jesus Christ. 

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

man its all relative on levels.

I, am the God of my body. cells live their lives, die and move on.
our God is the God of this plane of existance.
beyond that, is out of our realm of consciousness and understanding.

so then, it come down to terms of faith.

either you believe or not. its simple like that.
he gave man freedom in the decision.
Psalms 82:6 “I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

i hate that sometimes god works in mysterious ways bs.
i totally agree with this. it is religion's way of saying things happen for a reason. why can't we know the reason? is that the mystery?! WTH lol

We get it, nature and science is amazing. I am blown away by how vast the universe is in all directions. I fail to see how this characterizes God in any way. On a separate note, this is a creepy picture of Einstein.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by midsOleGone

Psalms 82:6 “I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High

Originally Posted by jerryjones

Originally Posted by midsOleGone

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

That's why believing is called "faith". "Faith" does not require the existence of fact(s).

If believers really tried to question their respective religions in a rational way then they wouldn't be believers anymore.
laugh.gif

if Non Believer's followed God, and allowed him to move in their life, they would no longer be non believer's.   Signs, Wonders, Miracles. etc. Most ppl think that All Christians really do is read a book and follow a bunch of rules, if that was the case, I myseld would NOT be a believer.  Its about having a relationship with God, and Jesus Christ. 
That's not what I believe most Christians do, because I believe most Christians today are non-practicing hypocrites.

And most ppl are only decieving themself if they claim to be a "Christian", but dont follow Christ. Christian= to be Christ Like.    One truly cant follow Christ, and not have their live changed. 

HueyP in LouieV        
Registered Member
02/14/10 5:13 PM

Video: 8:55

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

We get it, nature and science is amazing. I am blown away by how vastthe universe is in all directions. I fail to see how this characterizesGod in any way.
02/14/10 5:19 PM

What most people don't understand is that you can't teach faith to those who aren't willing to learn.
Truth.

There has to be a beginning that was not created. You can call that God or whatever you want, but there has to be something at the very beginning that just is.

HueyP in LouieV        
Registered Member
02/14/10 5:13 PM

Video: 8:55

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

We get it, nature and science is amazing. I am blown away by how vastthe universe is in all directions. I fail to see how this characterizesGod in any way.
02/14/10 5:19 PM

What most people don't understand is that you can't teach faith to those who aren't willing to learn.
Truth.

Nah I finished it but I got the point you're tryna make a few minutes in....I'm blown away by "simple" scientific phenomena we take for granted. How does a TV work? What exactly is a radio wave? This has nothing to do with God....we still don't know what God is. The grandeur of science and nature is part of what leads people to take a simple-minded approach to making sense of everything around them.

That video IS not proof of God's existence. I'm not sure what you wanted me to get out of it
. I'm not making any strong factual claims, and neither should you.

It's amazing how when it comes to religion and creation, it always leads into an argument. I just wish we were all willing to actually LISTEN to each others opinions, and without judging. I do believe in God as our creator, but I still believe in evolution as well. I don't see any reason why it can't be a combination of both. I mean, there's certain things in the Bible that don't make sense, and there's even certain things that scientists have said and published in books that don't make sense. In the end, does it really matter? The universe was created so long ago that it doesn't really affect us. Believers or not, we just need to focus on what's going on now, instead of dwelling on the past.

Also, I think people use God too much to explain everything and avoid thinking for themselves. I hate to hear people say "it's God's will" or stuff like that. What about your will? Nothing wrong with faith, but don't forget about logic. If there is a God, he certainly gave us that.

Since you are so sure that God does not exist....you should be able to provide an all-encapsulating definition of God, correct?

Can you please do that for us?

Originally Posted by IJUMPMAN

It's amazing how when it comes to religion and creation, it always leads into an argument. I just wish we were all willing to actually LISTEN to each others opinions, and without judging. I do believe in God as our creator, but I still believe in evolution as well. I don't see any reason why it can't be a combination of both. I mean, there's certain things in the Bible that don't make sense, and there's even certain things that scientists have said and published in books that don't make sense. In the end, does it really matter? The universe was created so long ago that it doesn't really affect us. Believers or not, we just need to focus on what's going on now, instead of dwelling on the past.

Also, I think people use God too much to explain everything and avoid thinking for themselves. I hate to hear people say "it's God's will" or stuff like that. What about your will? Nothing wrong with faith, but don't forget about logic. If there is a God, he certainly gave us that.
THIS!!!! Applaud this man.

Since you are so sure that God does not exist....you should be able to provide an all-encapsulating definition of God, correct?

I never said I was sure that God doesn't exist. Can you read....I've said several times in this thread that I just don't know and nobody knows.
Strong agnosticism (also called "hard," "closed," "strict," or "permanent agnosticism")the view that the question of the existence or nonexistence of adeity or deities and the nature of ultimate reality is unknowable byreason of our natural inability to verify any experience with anythingbut another subjective experience. A strong agnostic would say, "Icannot know whether a deity exists or not, and neither can you."Weak agnosticism (also called "soft," "open," "empirical," or "temporal agnosticism")the view that the existence or nonexistence of any deities iscurrently unknown but is not necessarily unknowable, therefore one willwithhold judgment until/if any evidence is available. A weak agnosticwould say, "I don't know whether any deities exist or not, but maybeone day when there is evidence we can find something out."Apathetic agnosticism (also called Pragmatic agnosticism)the view that there is no proof of either the existence ornonexistence of any deity, but since any deity that may exist appearsunconcerned for the universe or the welfare of its inhabitants, thequestion is largely academic.[sup][citation needed][/sup]Agnostic atheismthe view of those who do not claim to know of the existence of any deity, but do not believe in any.[sup][15][/sup]Agnostic theism (also called "spiritual agnosticism")the view of those who do not claim to know of the existence of any deity, but still believe in such an existence.Ignosticismthe view that a coherent definition of a deity must be put forwardbefore the question of the existence of a deity can be meaningfullydiscussed. If the chosen definition isn't coherent, the ignostic holdsthe noncognitivist view that the existence of a deity is meaningless or empirically untestable. A.J. Ayer, Theodore Drange,and other philosophers see both atheism and agnosticism as incompatiblewith ignosticism on the grounds that atheism and agnosticism accept "adeity exists" as a meaningful proposition which can be argued for oragainst. An ignostic cannot even say whether he/she is a theist or anontheist until a better definition of theism is put forth.[sup][16][/sup][sup][not in citation given][/sup][h2]
[/h2]I consider myself a strict agnostic.

Oh look....another religion  Christianity thread started by Anton.  I wonder what this could be about. 
laugh.gif

I know this is NT and a message board where we can discuss things, but damn you make a grip of religion threads on here.  For a dude who comes off as adamantly against all things religious (see Christianity), it seems like you spend a lot of time thinking about/discussing/pondering things related to it.  Ever thought about just doing you and keeping it movin'?  I've never understood those who feel the need to question things they don't agree with if they're secure in their own beliefs.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Oh look....another religion  Christianity thread started by Anton.  I wonder what this could be about. 
laugh.gif

I know this is NT and a message board where we can discuss things, but damn you make a grip of religion threads on here.  For a dude who comes off as adamantly against all things religious (see Christianity), it seems like you spend a lot of time thinking about/discussing/pondering things related to it.  Ever thought about just doing you and keeping it movin'?  I've never understood those who feel the need to question things they don't agree with if they're secure in their own beliefs.

Believe it or not, I actually don't start as many religious threads as NT makes it out to be. I do comment on most religious threads made by other NTers...I'm convinced most of NT assumes I created them.
laugh.gif

What was the last thread about religion I created?
nerd.gif
The last one I remember was about the Discovery channel documentary exposing Christianity and that was a while ago.

You got the whole idea of God confused.

God doesn't have to be a singular personification of divinity with human characteristics and tendencies.

Who created matter or the basic element of existence and the universe?
i agree, but what always tripped me up in this thinking is the passage "we were created in his image."

what image is that?

Originally Posted by Nako XL

You got the whole idea of God confused.

God doesn't have to be a singular personification of divinity with human characteristics and tendencies.

Who created matter or the basic element of existence and the universe?
i agree, but what always tripped me up in this thinking is the passage "we were created in his image."

what image is that?
Agree with the part about "personification" not the part where he says I got the idea of God confused.....I HAVE NO IDEA OF GOD.
ohwell.gif

Trick question.
laugh.gif

You would have to provide your religious views.

Atheists technically have a "god";  nature. Those who worship satan also technically have a god; Lucifer.

Your question is based on a technicality.
In this thread we are talking about the god of the 3 major monotheistic religions.

Back
Top Bottom