I JUST BLEW MY FRIEND'S MIND VOL. GOD

Originally Posted by IJUMPMAN

It's amazing how when it comes to religion and creation, it always leads into an argument. I just wish we were all willing to actually LISTEN to each others opinions, and without judging. I do believe in God as our creator, but I still believe in evolution as well. I don't see any reason why it can't be a combination of both. I mean, there's certain things in the Bible that don't make sense, and there's even certain things that scientists have said and published in books that don't make sense. In the end, does it really matter? The universe was created so long ago that it doesn't really affect us. Believers or not, we just need to focus on what's going on now, instead of dwelling on the past.

Also, I think people use God too much to explain everything and avoid thinking for themselves. I hate to hear people say "it's God's will" or stuff like that. What about your will? Nothing wrong with faith, but don't forget about logic. If there is a God, he certainly gave us that.
on another note, your avatar is collosal

Originally Posted by seniosoul

He is the Alpha.
He is the Omega.

Is God a HE?
nerd.gif

I think religion comes down to this question, would you rather believe that somehow science can explain how somthing came from nothing, or that God, who was always their from the begining because he is not a physical being, created the universe that is bound by scientific laws?  I personally am going with the God that promises a heaven, a higher purpose, and heavenly father who will always be with you.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I'd rather put my faith in something then nothing at all.
I agree, that's why I put my "faith" in humanity, and getting as much out of this life as I can.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

You got the whole idea of God confused.

God doesn't have to be a singular personification of divinity with human characteristics and tendencies.

Who created matter or the basic element of existence and the universe?
i agree, but what always tripped me up in this thinking is the passage "we were created in his image."

what image is that?
The West, consummate in its cerebral, positivist approach to life ("only that which is tangible is real"), was not capable of a such spectral experience ( Aboriginal Asiatic spirituality), and replaced religion with theology - the human attempt to ascribe personality and character to God. Theology is the human theory regarding God's affairs, will, plans, desires and projections for the human race. Inferences made about "Him" take on a purely anthropomorphic quality, which is no more than a religious aberration.

Sigmund Freud, whose controversial theories have been greatly contested, identified the warped perspective in the Western view of God:

The ordinary man cannot imagine this Providence [divine guidance] in any other form but that of a greatly exalted father, for only such a one could understand the needs of his sons...or be softened by  their prayers and placated by the signs of their remorse. The whole thing is patently infantile, so incongruous with reality...it is painful to think that the great majority of mortals will never be able to rise above this view of life.

The obsession with infusing God with human qualities stems primarily from the Aryan attempt at comprehending what was, for them, incomprehensible. Aryan projections of God are obviously anthropomorphic in the earliest portrayals of  Brahma, complete with head, arms, legs, feet and in the initial biblical interpretation of "God made man in his own image," which was understood and applied literally.

A(nother) spiritual revolutionary of Western civilization was Mary Baker Eddy, who wrote at the turn of the century (last century)....Mary Baker Eddy dedicated her life to the acquisition of religious truth, committed to the veracity of the words of the Apostle John -  "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free"...Her insights into an elusive component of religion that has managed to escape man, if not most of our current theologians, are notable for their qualitative correspondence to the ideas of the Hermetists of Ancient Egypt. Eddy's ideas on the constitution of God represented both a departure from Western religious thought and a gateway to new and progressive concepts and practices in America:

God is not corporeal ( relating to a physical material body), but incorporeal - that is bodiless. As the words person and personal are ignorantly employed, they often lead, when applied to Deity, to confused and  erroneous conceptions of divinity, and its distinction from humanity. [God is and infinite Mind], and and infinite Mind in a finite form is an absolute impossibility.

God is Spirit; therefore the language of Spirit must be, and is spiritual. Christian Science attaches no physical nature and significance to the Supreme Being or His manifestation; mortals alone do this. Human theories  are inadequate to interpret the divine...Evidence drawn from the five physical senses relates solely to human reason.

Soul, or Spirit, is God, unchangeable and eternal; and man coexists with and reflects Soul, God, for man is God's image...Mortals have a very imperfect sense of the spiritual man and of the infinite range of his thought.  To God belongs eternal life. Never born and never dying . . . . The infinite has no beginning.

...This concept (which) once constituted the very foundation of African religious thought, and can be identified in the cultures that would be born from the continent's soil.

It is this concept that we will now explore, beginning with a statement by Tehuti/Hermeswhich pertains to this entity: "I cannot hope to name the maker of allmajesty, the master of everything' with a single name, even a namecomposed of many names; it is nameless or rather it is all names sinceit is one and all, so that one must call all things by its name or bythe names of everything, the only and all, completely full of thefertility of both sexes and ever pregnant with its own will. Under, andback of, the universe of time, space and change, is ever to be foundthe substantial reality - the fundamental, the All."

Originally Posted by midsOleGone

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

man its all relative on levels.

I, am the God of my body. cells live their lives, die and move on.
our God is the God of this plane of existance.
beyond that, is out of our realm of consciousness and understanding.

so then, it come down to terms of faith.

either you believe or not. its simple like that.
he gave man freedom in the decision.
Psalms 82:6 “I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I'd rather put my faith in something then nothing at all.
Does that faith make you feel comforted in the idea of life after death, or is there another specific reason?

People need their own faith in themselves to move forward since everything is theoretically never 100% certain.

Therefore, everyone is their own god because we create our entire reality.

We can choose to feed its faith and become our full potential or feed the devil and live small.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by midsOleGone

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

man its all relative on levels.

I, am the God of my body. cells live their lives, die and move on.
our God is the God of this plane of existance.
beyond that, is out of our realm of consciousness and understanding.

so then, it come down to terms of faith.

either you believe or not. its simple like that.
he gave man freedom in the decision.
Psalms 82:6 “I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Now that a revelation has been made that I'm God....my first act of kindness will be to send more natural disasters to poor, black populations of sinners, brew a new super AIDS for the gays and implement a new policy banning the use of condoms.
pimp.gif
18115w.jpg

I comes down to people being able to blindly follow something taught to them strictly on the concept of faith.

If you look at it, it is almost heartwarming to see people who still have hope in a greater power, with so little hope in day to day life.

I'll have all the answer (OR NOT) when I'm dead.
So why are you so adamant about dissuading other from their particular belief systems, when you yourself are lost?
Exactly OP go kick rocks.

laugh.gif
@ Anton.  Dude is so arrogant and thinks he's so smart.  He starts these serious convos, but when someone decides to make a push to respond, he falls back to these silly comments and smileys.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Homer

laugh.gif
@ Anton.  Dude is so arrogant and thinks he's so smart.  He starts these serious convos, but when someone decides to make a push to respond, he falls back to these silly comments and smileys.
pimp.gif
I'm not claiming to be smart....I'm claiming to NOT KNOW. There is no intelligence involved in my thought process.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Duke needs a GPS system, he lost.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm lost...I need to open my eyes right? It's right in front of me...right?

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

man......yall can't be proving god's existence with BIBLE verses..#$+.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I think when you say "God's existence" you're going about it the wrong way (some guy who's hanging in the clouds)[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]edit: 420th post [/color]
pimp.gif
glasses.gif

The very thought of Existence comes from a Higher power, so saying that God doesen't exist you basically contradict yourself.

Originally Posted by cor23ey

People need their own faith in themselves to move forward since everything is theoretically never 100% certain.

Therefore, everyone is their own god because we create our entire reality.

We can choose to feed its faith and become our full potential or feed the devil and live small.

eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

The very thought of Existence comes from a Higher power, so saying that God doesen't exist you basically contradict yourself.

I'm not saying God doesn't exist. READ THE DAMN THREAD.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm lost...I need to open my eyes right? It's right in front of me...right?

? I'm not the one bragging about how I had a christian on eek status, when you yourself have no answers. Don't you have some animalistic ritual to perform? 

Back
Top Bottom