I know alot of cats love ETHER..but for me this is what brought home the W for Nas...

Se the thing about that is... Jay was never really running Def Jam... L.A Reid was and still is.

I hear ya Cake, but with that in mind not just with this battle but in life as well, there's reality and then there'sperception. The reality might have been that L.A. Reid was running Def Jam, but the perception was that Jay Z was running Def Jam.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

us Jay-z fans got ethered in this argument
roll.gif

Quick question though. The ppl argueing on Jay's behalf are "Stans" , but what about the ppl on the other side who continue to argue in everythread for Nas? They are called what...?

*goes to Jay Z finally did it(#1single thread) to celebrate*

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

roll.gif

Quick question though. The ppl argueing on Jay's behalf are "Stans" , but what about the ppl on the other side who continue to argue in every thread for Nas? They are called what...?

........this is true

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Se the thing about that is... Jay was never really running Def Jam... L.A Reid was and still is.

I hear ya Cake, but with that in mind not just with this battle but in life as well, there's reality and then there's perception. The reality might have been that L.A. Reid was running Def Jam, but the perception was that Jay Z was running Def Jam.

Reality>perception.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

roll.gif

Quick question though. The ppl argueing on Jay's behalf are "Stans" , but what about the ppl on the other side who continue to argue in every thread for Nas? They are called what...?

The thing is, when the people siding with Jay get caught up in a jam, they simply respond with "NaS lost."

The people that side with NaS don't get caught up in jams, most of us state the truth and you Jay stans absolutely cannot stand the truth.

We got 2 dudes on here who I honestly believe would let Jay teabag their Mothers and would find a way to justify it, it's disgusting.

^Yea but I think both Jay and NaS fans have a hard time serpating this battle from everything else...the winner of this battle doesnt translate to who isthe better artist, better career, better legacy imo.....so when yall cats say "Nas Won" i dont think craziness should break out...

roll.gif
years from now...."The Legendary Rapper NaS who beat thegreatest rapper of all time Jay-Z in a rap battle with the record Ether, will be performing Last Real N' Alive at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Awards asthe rapper Shawn Carter receives his 3rd Lifetime Achievement award and has the Best Urban Artist Award named after him"
roll.gif
sumtin of that nature will happen.....im aight with that but are NaSfans???....who knows

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

^Yea but I think both Jay and NaS fans have a hard time serpating this battle from everything else...the winner of this battle doesnt translate to who is the better artist, better career, better legacy imo.....so when yall cats say "Nas Won" i dont think craziness should break out...

roll.gif
years from now...."The Legendary Rapper NaS who beat the greatest rapper of all time Jay-Z in a rap battle with the record Ether, will be performing Last Real N' Alive at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Awards as the rapper Shawn Carter receives his 3rd Lifetime Achievement award and has the Best Urban Artist Award named after him"
roll.gif
.....im aight with that but are NaS fans???....who knows

That's the thing though, Jay ADMITTED he lost the battle on BP2.

"Lets do it right this time..."

And the stans STILL trying to argue otherwise.

Who cares about awards?

Who are the driving forces behind these awards anyway?

Avid hip hop fans? I don't think so.

Lil' Wayne won 4 Grammy Awards in 2009, c'mon son.

^Yea but I think both Jay and NaS fans have a hard time serpating this battle from everything else...the winner of this battle doesnt translate to who is the better artist, better career, better legacy imo.....so when yall cats say "Nas Won" i dont think craziness should break out...

roll.gif
years from now...."The Legendary Rapper NaS who beat the greatest rapper of all time Jay-Z in a rap battle with the record Ether, will be performing Last Real N' Alive at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Awards as the rapper Shawn Carter receives his 3rd Lifetime Achievement award and has the Best Urban Artist Award named after him"
roll.gif
That's actually irrelevant. W/e his accomplishments are how does it affect NaS fans or NaS? We're talking hip hop. We're talking aboutthis battle. More power to Shawn in w/e he succeeds in but I hate when stans lose one argument and then run to another realm to argue. You don't have toargue every topic ignorantly and stubbornly. I was actually surprised to see a few dudes open to discussion and others interpretations. If it really was thewinner is the person whose succeeded the most or has the most money or accomplishments Jay should've never opened his mouth to ANYONE in the first place.Just let his actions speak and keep it movin. Thing is he didn't, he tried his chance at the rap battle thing and lost.

A lot of Jay fans and stans try to project his arrogance or ego by extension and act like he's too above a battle to keep going or respond. They got shh%+%@## up in their heads. Same thing with the current Beans situation. It's a battle, something that's been going on in hip hop since the beginning butnow dudes wanna say the level they're on puts them in a place where they don't have to respond. %@+@$% just need to admit they're not built likethat or simply don't want to. Mad excuses like "I don't want to help his buzz, he about to drop an album." Not to drop a diss track later onbut a lil lame subliminal.

It doesn't help that Jay became a hypocrite when he decided to diss Jim Jones of all "rappers" I mean which is it? You above them and they'renot worth it or you'll decide to get at the lame instead of the boss who got at you first? Dude talked himself in to a corner and now he looks stupid anytime he even tries to sneak diss somebody.

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

roll.gif
roll.gif

That's the thing though, Jay ADMITTED he lost the battle on BP2.

"Lets do it right this time..."

And the stans STILL trying to argue otherwise.

Who cares about awards?

Who are the driving forces behind these awards anyway?

Avid hip hop fans? I don't think so.

Lil' Wayne won 4 Grammy Awards in 2009, c'mon son.

Look at u dude...your missing my whole point

My views dont speak for avid hip hop fans and neither does yours...but we both consider ourselves avid hip hop fans

it aint about if Jay gets no award or not its about putting in the work and being worthy of that reconignition...and no matter how much u hate that dude howcan u deny homeboy doesnt be on his A game...NOT TAKING NOTHING FROM NAS

I like NaS but he aint consistent and just like all artists he misses with projects sometimes just like Jay-Z...

Hip Hop fans should decide on the awards but dont act like...Jay wouldnt get the award cuz Nas ur fav rapper and thats it...

I say it once and ill say it again if you bring Jay and Nas down south and let avid hip hop fans crown a king...i think Jigga would win...go to another regionand the outcome might still be the same...not sayin Nas wont have areas sowed up but...ITS JUST WHAT I THINK

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I hear ya Cake, but with that in mind not just with this battle but in life as well, there's reality and then there's perception. The reality might have been that L.A. Reid was running Def Jam, but the perception was that Jay Z was running Def Jam.

Reality>perception.

I agree with you, however sometimes perception does create reality for a person at times.

Also that other side argument about the same ppl in these threads is irrelevant as well. I'd sooner be a NaS stan than a Jay stan but that's impossiblesince I think IWW was below average. Call me a hater but *##! it shhh is a lot more entertaining that being a stan.

Nas fans hold on to this battle like its the end all be all to who is the better artist...thats all im sayin

Im not a Jay-Z stan, i have no problem sayin dude lost or he is wrong or whateva yall classify as "stanism" thats just lame...

But when yall take this approach and not acknowledge dude and then put Nas on this pedestal like he cant be considered weak....thats lame

Ery argument is opinion based....point blank....im not going outside the realm of Ether and the rap battle....I dont think it ended with Ether but yall say itdid thats cool...

IF the battle was for who reigns supreme and who is the King of New York...then public opinion should still stand, that NaS is that dude since they neverbattled again....if it doesnt, what can be said?

I'm done here.

I don't even know why I bother replying in these threads anymore.

I lose braincells trying to sift through all the bollocks that's typed.

go line for line, jab for jab, reality of the whole matter. Jay wins. Im kiddin about all the lil "Nas Lost" comments cause well we all won gettin agreat battle.

In all honesty, BP2 absolutely dissected and destroyed Nas' whole career and creditbility in my eyes.

Name 2 hot or "artistic" lines in Ether.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

So now Nas isn't consistent... I've heard it all
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Not to me....to much lapse between albums and the one before it prolly was better....Untitled was classic imo he really delivered...Hip Hop is Dead not somuch...he doing this next album with Marley maybe it will come out before the summer, chances of it being crazy nice...50/50

direction he takes some of his songs on albums bores me sometimes too...lets not get on his beat selection

this is just my opinion tho...u can say Nas drops every two years but if I only listen to the album a month or two...it feels like a much longer time to me

Nas fans hold on to this battle like its the end all be all to who is the better artist...thats all im sayin

Im not a Jay-Z stan, i have no problem sayin dude lost or he is wrong or whateva yall classify as "stanism" thats just lame...

But when yall take this approach and not acknowledge dude and then put Nas on this pedestal like he cant be considered weak....thats lame

Ery argument is opinion based....point blank....im not going outside the realm of Ether and the rap battle....I dont think it ended with Ether but yall say it did thats cool...

IF the battle was for who reigns supreme and who is the King of New York...then public opinion should still stand, that NaS is that dude since they never battled again....if it doesnt, what can be said?

I don't see much NaS Stannery around these parts... NaS fans seem to be more intouch with reality than his counterpart... I mean judging by his musicalone, to be a NaS fan you would have to deal with reality more than fiction, thats what his music focuses on more times then not.

As far as NaS fans "holding on to it"... Come on, this is prolly known as the Greatest Hip Hop battle if not of all time, deffinetly ofTHIS generation... So to act as if its only NaS fans holding onto it is almost idiotic... Damn near all fans of hip hop hold onto this moment,because it marks prolly one of the most competitive times in hip hop, and it produced some AMAZING music... NaS fans holding onto it like it determineswho's the better artist?? No way... Tho it is further proof... We could just throw Illmatic around, an album that will prolly go down in history as theGREATEST album in Hip Hop...

I personally don't hold NaS on a pedestal (that should go without saying)... I call it the way I see it...

I've seen Jay Stans go to the extent of denying Irv Gotti's genuis in getting Jay to Def Jam... Another cat denys MC Serch's claim that Jay wasNOT telling the truth with the NaS publishing @+#@... I don't see NaS supporters TOTALLY turning a blind eye to knownfacts in an attempt to lift him to GOD like standards, and thats what seperates the 2... You got Jay Stans in here that'll tell you KC was a GREAT/Goodalbum... You don't see NaS fans saying Nastradamus was a classic or no crazy @+#@ like that...

How much of Biggie's rhymes is goin come out yo FAT lips (%#+##)...
I really wanna know the answer to that... This cat just won't stop...

Originally Posted by jthagreat

go line for line, jab for jab, reality of the whole matter. Jay wins. Im kiddin about all the lil "Nas Lost" comments cause well we all won gettin a great battle.

In all honesty, BP2 absolutely dissected and destroyed Nas' whole career and creditbility in my eyes.

This is how I know that regardless of whatever Jay said you would feel as though he won, because that entire song was about the way everybody else handled thesituation and about himself, not Nas. He said all of what 6 lines about Nas in that song. What was so destroying about calling him a fake and the rapeversion of TD Jakes??? He spent the whole time describing why y'all should love him and be on his side and just like 85% of his albums he said nothing ofsubstance but "Y'all buy the $%*@ caught up in the hype" ... Thats actually pathetic folks.please don't misconstrue my statements as me not like Jay because that would be wrong I can just see the forest while most only see trees.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

So now Nas isn't consistent... I've heard it all
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Not to me....to much lapse between albums and the one before it prolly was better....Untitled was classic imo he really delivered...Hip Hop is Dead not so much...he doing this next album with Marley maybe it will come out before the summer, chances of it being crazy nice...50/50

direction he takes some of his songs on albums bores me sometimes too...lets not get on his beat selection

this is just my opinion tho...u can say Nas drops every two years but if I only listen to the album a month or two...it feels like a much longer time to me

Well I must be in the minority for preferring quality over quantity (not to mention the quantity is also there but ehhhh). When it comes to quality musicthere really should not be any arguement as to who's discography/career has taken the better course.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

go line for line, jab for jab, reality of the whole matter. Jay wins. Im kiddin about all the lil "Nas Lost" comments cause well we all won gettin a great battle.

"Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy, oh I get it, you Biggie and he's Puffy". That's not artistic? Both BK artists that worked withHarlem cats to get on. Plus the BIG line. And there are many more.

Your whole train of thought has gone from laughable, to, quite frankly, frightening. I've never seen a person so BLINDED by their love for another personthey have no genuine attachment to.

lol

stan, a bias, or what have you, i think lyrically, Jay won the battle period.

what P/k/a tho? i thought it was b? from the joe budden alias's ?

Back
Top Bottom