I never knew that......

In 1995, Nintendo Power ran a contest where the winner would get a walk-on role in The Mask II...except that the film never happened, well it did happen but it was 11 years later with Jamie Kennedy.

The winner didn't get a walk-on role, but did get a Mask II jacket, a bunch of video games from THQ and $5,000.

http://www.destructoid.com/meet-the-winner-of-nintendo-power-s-the-mask-ii-contest-287112.phtml

TheMaskIIWinner-Contest.jpg

Tom Hanks was asked how he wanted Michael Conner Humphreys (Young Forrest) to speak so that there was continuity from young Forrest to grown up Forrest. Instead, Tom decided to imitate Humphreys' thick Mississippi accent, and thus the iconic Gump accent was born.

blonde is one of the few words left in the dictionary that is gender specific. Blond is usrd for males.

Interracial marriage was not legal in Alabama until the year 2000.

The mars rover is not small
View media item 1916267
the leaning tower of pizza is hollow
View media item 1916272

Was listening to talk radio a few nights ago and what randomly came up in discussion was Mickey Mouse' ears. Something along the lines of when he faces forward to the t.v. (in the cartoons) his ears are behind his head, so naturally you'd expect to only see one ear when he turns to his side.. but apparently you don't?

- The Zika virus is just recently being related in research studies with subsequent auto-immune disorders that can cause paralysis (ends of muscle tissues attacked) - no proven link, but there's endless numbers of researchers who have duplicated responses of, 'There's no way there's not a connection.' Check AP late last night for the article.

- You know how people always say: Females 51% of population and Males 49%? That's changed in the last two decades. U.S. citizens 0-24 years of age today: 51.2% Male, 49.8% female.

View media item 1917249

- Prevalence of medicated ADHD in the U.S. increased by 28% from 2007—2011.

Was listening to talk radio a few nights ago and what randomly came up in discussion was Mickey Mouse' ears. Something along the lines of when he faces forward to the t.v. (in the cartoons) his ears are behind his head, so naturally you'd expect to only see one ear when he turns to his side.. but apparently you don't?
I can't remember the details but I think Walt Disney made a rule that both of Mickey's ears had to be visible at any angle. I think because he wanted it to be an iconic silhouette.

Elephant trunks have over 100,000 muscles within them. And the slowest elephant would run faster than Usain Bolt; dude from Animal Planet just said this on Good Morning America.

Last edited:
They cannot run faster than usain bolt.

The fastest elephant can probably go like 17 mph.

Ive owned several.

I definitely had to misheard him :lol: I didn't believe that for a second.

Edit - Outrun Usain Bolt, not faster. He said the same for hippos.

Last edited:
fries dipped in fires??
HUH??
Maybe he meant "fries dipped in frostys"?

Dipping french fries in choclate frosys is bomb tho
pimp.gif

Now I'm craving an assorted batch of french fries...

Oh and I never knew that the dot over the letter 'i' is called a tittle or that bananas are actually berries.

Not really a never knew type thing.
But a great example of the importance of a kneecap.

Last edited:
I definitely had to misheard him :lol: I didn't believe that for a second.

Edit - Outrun Usain Bolt, not faster. He said the same for hippos.

Weird. That's not even remotely true either. Sounds like that dude needs to brush up on his human physiology.

Back
Top Bottom